• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Living Social's DEAL of the Day - 02-24-2011

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Wow.. I thought the wait times were long now.. I might never get to shoot there again! I have no idea how they are going to work in 3390 groups of 3 to shoot at the range :banghead:

livingsocial.jpg

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Look at it this way Ed, even if you have to wait a little while now as a result of this promotion, the fact that you may have 3000+ new shooters in the area who will share their experiences with their friends may ensure that you have places to shoot readily available in the future.

Blk97F150

Great.... over 3300 'gun' people just gave money to a company that will turn around and donate some of it to anti-gun politicians. :banghead:

Walt_Kowalski

Great.... over 3300 'gun' people just gave money to a company that will turn around and donate some of it to anti-gun politicians. :banghead:

I dont think that these were 'gun' people in particular.. I had a lot of folks in my office approach me and ask if it was a good deal, and I told them that it was not. after I gave them the following break down:

1 target = $1 *shared by 3x*

1 Box of ammo for pistol (50 rounds) 9mm = $11 at walmart. *Shared by 3x*

Eye protection rental - $2.00 each Ear protection rental - $2.00 each (what my range charges)

At the range that I am a member of gun rental is $12.00 per firearm for an hour.

Is the rest gun rental / instruction fee? When I break it down is shows how crazy their original price is... and I think the 'deal' is not that hot.

(I did not need to mention the fact that this range is a regular heavy donator to some serious anti-gun politicians)

conhntr

I was in the area once and stopped by to take a look. Walked in and asked the two at the desk about the place/costs and if i could take a look around. They gave me a card eith thier www adress on it and said they where closed. Thanks alot guess how much of my $ they will get

All American Nightmare

I was in the area once and stopped by to take a look. Walked in and asked the two at the desk about the place/costs and if i could take a look around. They gave me a card eith thier www adress on it and said they where closed. Thanks alot guess how much of my $ they will get
SEG is high as hell and crowded. My range in the sticks is fine with me.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Look at it this way Ed, even if you have to wait a little while now as a result of this promotion, the fact that you may have 3000+ new shooters in the area who will share their experiences with their friends may ensure that you have places to shoot readily available in the future.
That's a good way to look at it.. maybe out of the 9000 new shooter (3000 sales x 3 people each) we can get another 2000 VCDL members and a handful of REAL gun rights activists like all of YOU!

p.publius

Seg

And SEG was closed today due to air handler issues. No email notification, no FaceBook notification, not even a tweet on twitter... :cuss: