Thread: Open carry at Woodmans in Janesville

Open carry at Woodmans in Janesville

Last night I went to Woodman and it all went very smooth... Only had one comment, As I was walking out the main doors, there was a cart collector guy talking to an older man and his daughter. As I walked out the cart guy backed into me and I guided him past me with my hands. The Older gentleman jokingly said to the cart guy "You better watch out! This guy has a gun!" then laughed and they chatted a lil bit more then and him and his daughter got in their car and left. He Wasnt afriad of me or thought of me as a Crazy Thug with a gun. He could care less I had a firearm. I was a guy picking up an Item from the Supermarket... I have a hard time liking people who call the cops on me as a "Guy with a gun!".

McX
    . I have a hard time liking people who call the cops on me as a "Guy with a gun!".

ditto.

Yup, most people don't care if you are carrying. It seems the bleeding heart commies don't like it when you can protect yourself.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Yup, most people don't care if you are carrying. It seems the bleeding heart commies don't like it when you can protect yourself.
    Right on...
    Most people either don't notice or don't care.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Spent a few hours shopping at Woodman's in Onalaska a couple of days ago. Forgot I was carrying. No one said anything.

Oh, and I did not start shouting and waving the gun around or shoot into the ceiling, nope, not once.

Sounds like a pretty non-eventful open carry experience. - - Carry On, Proudly Carry On
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    Spent a few hours shopping at Woodman's in Onalaska a couple of days ago. Forgot I was carrying. No one said anything.

Oh, and I did not start shouting and waving the gun around or shoot into the ceiling, nope, not once.
    Too Funny, LOL

I just know thats what the libs are thinking is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post

It must be those holsters you make. They are so well built that a sidearm can't get out of control. I wish I had something like that for my children some days.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    It must be those holsters you make. They are so well built that a sidearm can't get out of control. I wish I had something like that for my children some days.
    ME TOO-
    I would like to pre-order please.

1 for a 29 year old daughter
    1 for a 22 year old daughter
    1 for a 20 year old daughter
    1 for a 17 year old daughter

please advise on a shipping date and cost.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedOne View Post
    ME TOO-

Sounds like they could use a good man to help protect them as well.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Shouldn't you be asking for Names and phone #'s
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Last time I was at Woodman's in Menomonee Falls (really NW Milwaukee), as I was on the sidewalk on my way to the car a guy heading in gave me a thumbs-up & said "I like that".

Didn't seem at all scared. Maybe he thought it was a toy?
    Certainly didn't mind that about all of me that was visible were my hands, since it was cold & blowing snow so I was quite well bundled.
    And I wasn't sure if he liked that I was carrying, or specifically liked the pistol itself.

But never a problem there. One afternoon last DEC one of the bell ringers waved me down & asked how he could go about carrying here in WI. (Just moved here.) I told him "just do it". But where do I register my gun & get a permit? No such animals here.

I did suggest he check out the legal section on WICarry.org & come here, since there are some restricted places he should know about. (I told him, but doubt he'd remember.)
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

McX
    i didnt know where else to dump this, so it's here; had a guy and i think his girlfriend in today, for an oil change, got it done, and we were talking, he was new to my place, and mentioned; i heard you guys carry guns here, i said yep, and 'revealed' mine for a moment, i mentioned we have no crime problems here, and he obviously approved. if he comes back i'll give him a pamphlet, though we had them in the waiting room, he must have seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    Shouldn't you be asking for Names and phone #'s
    Well, maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    i didnt know where else to dump this, so it's here; had a guy and i think his girlfriend in today, for an oil change, got it done, and we were talking, he was new to my place, and mentioned; i heard you guys carry guns here, i said yep, and 'revealed' mine for a moment, i mentioned we have no crime problems here, and he obviously approved. if he comes back i'll give him a pamphlet, though we had them in the waiting room, he must have seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    I can do special orders

ME TOO-

I do make a line of holsters just for women...

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/

While the older 2 (are step daughters) are currently married and on their own.

The other 2 were brought up shooting. ALthough right now they have zero interest in it, the older one, at 13, did a year of IDPA. The younger one likes to just take a shot or 2 and then go back to whatever she was doing.

As for their phone number.....just ask them for it but i'll warn you..... their mother (my ex-wife) is part pit bull and part grizzly bear and may tear your arm off just for fun!

Me? I may part with portions of her phone number for a nice 1911. While i'm more of a H&K and Glock guy, I can make a little room for a Springfield or other brand.

While the older 2 (are step daughters) are currently married and on their own.

The other 2 were brought up shooting. ALthough right now they have zero interest in it, the older one, at 13, did a year of IDPA. The younger one likes to just take a shot or 2 and then go back to whatever she was doing.

As for their phone number.....just ask them for it but i'll warn you..... their mother (my ex-wife) is part pit bull and part grizzly bear and may tear your arm off just for fun!

Me? I may part with portions of her phone number for a nice 1911. While i'm more of a H&K and Glock guy, I can make a little room for a Springfield or other brand.
    I have a way with people. I have been told by many people that I am the nicest man they've ever met.

I'm not really a 1911 guy, so I don't have any of those. I do have a few XD45s, but they all have their own purposes.

I have a way with people. I have been told by many people that I am the nicest man they've ever met.

I'm not really a 1911 guy, so I don't have any of those. I do have a few XD45s, but they all have their own purposes.
    People tell me the same thing, and I only have one XDm45...

(But I think the "nicest man" thing means BORING"...)
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    People tell me the same thing, and I only have one XDm45...

(But I think the "nicest man" thing means BORING"...)
    No matter what they say, nice guys DO finish last.

Anyway, this thread has gone way off track!

Anyway, this thread has gone way off track!
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post

Any of them Susex cops?
    Truth be told, I guess you were real nice in that video...

Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    Any of them Susex cops?
    Truth be told, I guess you were real nice in that video...
    That was State Patrol! When I went to complain to their supervisor, he told me they were all farting around and should have been doing their jobs. I never heard of what came of that though. I was more irritated with Sussex (contracted by Waukesha County) cops who showed up at my house after 10 PM. Other than that, I've had zero issues.