• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry at Woodmans in Janesville

gunguy2009

Last night I went to Woodman and it all went very smooth... Only had one comment, As I was walking out the main doors, there was a cart collector guy talking to an older man and his daughter. As I walked out the cart guy backed into me and I guided him past me with my hands. The Older gentleman jokingly said to the cart guy "You better watch out! This guy has a gun!" then laughed and they chatted a lil bit more then and him and his daughter got in their car and left. He Wasnt afriad of me or thought of me as a Crazy Thug with a gun. He could care less I had a firearm. I was a guy picking up an Item from the Supermarket... I have a hard time liking people who call the cops on me as a "Guy with a gun!".

M

McX

. I have a hard time liking people who call the cops on me as a "Guy with a gun!".

ditto.

protias

Yup, most people don't care if you are carrying. It seems the bleeding heart commies don't like it when you can protect yourself.

hardballer

Spent a few hours shopping at Woodman's in Onalaska a couple of days ago. Forgot I was carrying. No one said anything.

Oh, and I did not start shouting and waving the gun around or shoot into the ceiling, nope, not once.

BrewTownBagger

Spent a few hours shopping at Woodman's in Onalaska a couple of days ago. Forgot I was carrying. No one said anything.

Oh, and I did not start shouting and waving the gun around or shoot into the ceiling, nope, not once.

Too Funny, LOL

I just know thats what the libs are thinking is going to happen. :D

johnny amish

It must be those holsters you make. They are so well built that a sidearm can't get out of control. I wish I had something like that for my children some days.

NakedOne

It must be those holsters you make. They are so well built that a sidearm can't get out of control. I wish I had something like that for my children some days.

ME TOO-
I would like to pre-order please.

1 for a 29 year old daughter
1 for a 22 year old daughter
1 for a 20 year old daughter
1 for a 17 year old daughter

please advise on a shipping date and cost.

protias

ME TOO-

Sounds like they could use a good man to help protect them as well. ;) ;) ;)

MKEgal

Last time I was at Woodman's in Menomonee Falls (really NW Milwaukee), as I was on the sidewalk on my way to the car a guy heading in gave me a thumbs-up & said "I like that".

Didn't seem at all scared. Maybe he thought it was a toy? :eek:
Certainly didn't mind that about all of me that was visible were my hands, since it was cold & blowing snow so I was quite well bundled.
And I wasn't sure if he liked that I was carrying, or specifically liked the pistol itself.

But never a problem there. One afternoon last DEC one of the bell ringers waved me down & asked how he could go about carrying here in WI. (Just moved here.) I told him "just do it". But where do I register my gun & get a permit? No such animals here.

I did suggest he check out the legal section on WICarry.org & come here, since there are some restricted places he should know about. (I told him, but doubt he'd remember.)

M

McX

i didnt know where else to dump this, so it's here; had a guy and i think his girlfriend in today, for an oil change, got it done, and we were talking, he was new to my place, and mentioned; i heard you guys carry guns here, i said yep, and 'revealed' mine for a moment, i mentioned we have no crime problems here, and he obviously approved. if he comes back i'll give him a pamphlet, though we had them in the waiting room, he must have seen them.

protias

Shouldn't you be asking for Names and phone #'s :D
Well, maybe. :p
i didnt know where else to dump this, so it's here; had a guy and i think his girlfriend in today, for an oil change, got it done, and we were talking, he was new to my place, and mentioned; i heard you guys carry guns here, i said yep, and 'revealed' mine for a moment, i mentioned we have no crime problems here, and he obviously approved. if he comes back i'll give him a pamphlet, though we had them in the waiting room, he must have seen them.
:banana:

hardballer

I can do special orders :)

ME TOO-

I do make a line of holsters just for women... :)

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/

NakedOne

Sounds like they could use a good man to help protect them as well. ;) ;) ;)

While the older 2 (are step daughters) are currently married and on their own.

The other 2 were brought up shooting. ALthough right now they have zero interest in it, the older one, at 13, did a year of IDPA. The younger one likes to just take a shot or 2 and then go back to whatever she was doing.

As for their phone number.....just ask them for it but i'll warn you..... their mother (my ex-wife) is part pit bull and part grizzly bear and may tear your arm off just for fun!:eek:

Me? I may part with portions of her phone number for a nice 1911. While i'm more of a H&K and Glock guy, I can make a little room for a Springfield or other brand.:lol:

protias

While the older 2 (are step daughters) are currently married and on their own.

The other 2 were brought up shooting. ALthough right now they have zero interest in it, the older one, at 13, did a year of IDPA. The younger one likes to just take a shot or 2 and then go back to whatever she was doing.

As for their phone number.....just ask them for it but i'll warn you..... their mother (my ex-wife) is part pit bull and part grizzly bear and may tear your arm off just for fun!:eek:

Me? I may part with portions of her phone number for a nice 1911. While i'm more of a H&K and Glock guy, I can make a little room for a Springfield or other brand.:lol:

I have a way with people. I have been told by many people that I am the nicest man they've ever met.

I'm not really a 1911 guy, so I don't have any of those. I do have a few XD45s, but they all have their own purposes.

Krusty

I have a way with people. I have been told by many people that I am the nicest man they've ever met.

I'm not really a 1911 guy, so I don't have any of those. I do have a few XD45s, but they all have their own purposes.

People tell me the same thing, and I only have one XDm45...

(But I think the "nicest man" thing means BORING"...)

protias

People tell me the same thing, and I only have one XDm45...

(But I think the "nicest man" thing means BORING"...)
No matter what they say, nice guys DO finish last.

Anyway, this thread has gone way off track! :shocker:

XDFDE45

Anyway, this thread has gone way off track! :shocker:
threadjacked.gif