• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

buying guns from a non-permit holder

AGust82

A guy I know has recently been willed his father's guns. He is not a gun guy and does not have a pistol permit, so he's looking to sell most of them. How do I go about legally buying a handgun from him if he has no permit number to give DPS for the transaction? Do we need to involve an FFL?

brk913

Just call the DPS and tell them the seller just inherited them, they should just check your permit status as the buyer and give you an authorization number.

David Roach

You dont need a permit to own handguns in ct. Just to transport and purchase them. So, just go through the purchase ritual with the DPS as normal and everything should be fine.