• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WXYZ News 7 - Open carry in Fowlerville, MI in the news!

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
They did manage to get the 6th grader saying she was scared in the spot as opposed to an anti adult blathering about "the children",OH MY!

ya they did, but it's easy to dismiss the child:
"oh, look at the cute little kid who's afraid of the big scary gun."
it's easy to see why a kid might have irrational fear if the kid has watched a lot of tv. and if the kid has parents who haven't taught her not to fear inanimate objects.

Last edited:

TheQsAidan

Nice story. Looks like a good place to grab a pizza. :)

The pizza was very good. When the interview was over Phillip and I approached the owner to thank him for allowing us to use his place and to ask him if he'd be ok with doing a group dinner there. He said we'd be welcome. I think it's time to start plans for a pizza party. :D

SlowDog

Great job guys!:monkey I was ready for a bad piece and very anti. They really surprised me with the way it was done. You two were awesome and very well spoken....kudo's

Radioman

The pizza was very good. When the interview was over Phillip and I approached the owner to thank him for allowing us to use his place and to ask him if he'd be ok with doing a group dinner there. He said we'd be welcome. I think it's time to start plans for a pizza party. :D

Mmmmmm Piizzaaa. Ok when is the party. I am in for some pizza.

Radioman

Haman J.T.

it's easy to see why a kid might have irrational fear if the kid has watched a lot of tv. and if the kid has parents who haven't taught her not to fear inanimate objects.
The child part was miniscule,which in media-land is amazing!

Golden Eagle

Why do I have a feeling they cut her off just before she said
"...but the guns are like really cool".

Then there was the following shot of her and her friends yucking it up.
icon10.png

Bearhawk

Overall, great article even with a few miss-speaks by the reporter but kudos for her as she did a pretty good job on a subject she's probably not completely versed in.

I don't totally agree with this. I know where you are coming from but it's not a true statement. I have a 7 year old daughter that I have taught gun safety to and she does enjoy shooting my Ruger Mk-II 22 pistol among other guns. However, if she is at our house, or a friend's, and she or her friend find a gun just laying around, she is to run to the nearest adult and bring it to their attention. If no adult is around she is to run out of the house. Yes, even in my own house. I don't want her or a friend to find a gun and by accident shoot my daughter or herself. I quite often have a gun on me, either concealed or open and that's no problem. If a gun is just laying around I want her to be scared to run like her life depends on it (because it just might). How many times have we heard of a kid that finds a gun and shoots another kid by accident?

We house-proofed our child and didn't child-proof our house, however, with a gun I want her to let someone know to put it on or put it away.

Yes, I have guns, am very pro-gun, and I teach my daughter shooting skills and she knows not to play with a gun. She knows if an adult hands her a gun to check that it's unloaded, however if a gun is just lying around, a kid needs to be scared!

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I don't totally agree with this. I know where you are coming from but it's not a true statement. I have a 7 year old daughter that I have taught gun safety to and she does enjoy shooting my Ruger Mk-II 22 pistol among other guns. However, if she is at our house, or a friend's, and she or her friend find a gun just laying around, she is to run to the nearest adult and bring it to their attention. If no adult is around she is to run out of the house. Yes, even in my own house. I don't want her or a friend to find a gun and by accident shoot my daughter or herself. I quite often have a gun on me, either concealed or open and that's no problem. If a gun is just laying around I want her to be scared to run like her life depends on it (because it just might). How many times have we heard of a kid that finds a gun and shoots another kid by accident?

We house-proofed our child and didn't child-proof our house, however, with a gun I want her to let someone know to put it on or put it away.

Yes, I have guns, am very pro-gun, and I teach my daughter shooting skills and she knows not to play with a gun. She knows if an adult hands her a gun to check that it's unloaded, however if a gun is just lying around, a kid needs to be scared!

There's a difference between rational fear and irrational fear.

There is a difference between fear and caution. You're kids are not fearing the gun they are being cautious and practicing safe behavior. BIG DIFFERENCE

cabman1

now i can get to fowlerville anytime you wanna do an oc meet and greet and there is a whole lot of bikers up there that opencarry to wish i had a way to get ahold of rj3663 ventor do you have his number?