• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC permit versus L.T.C.F.

civilwarguy

NO PERMITS!!!!! my wallet already has to many stupid cards for this and that in it already if i have to carry a permit it would take me 30 mins just to find it....... we i guess one time of stopping me would probably teach the LEO that harassing gun owners isnt worth his time

M

McX

my appologies, it was a bad idea to bring up this topic, and start this thread, and i withdraw.

CalicoJack10

what about the fact that states a majority of states only recognize a permit system? I for one am all about constitutional carry, but I think there should also be a voulentary permit system in place to allow people with a permit to carry in other states. I mean I go to Tennessee at least once a year, and with no home state permit, things could be tougher and I would have to pay extra for permits from other states.

So I would go for constitutional carry with an optional permit system.[/QUO

If WI goes with constitutional carry, states with permitting should allow CC (automatic reciprocity) with proof of residency. It would be easy and cheap to label ones DL or state ID with a NO FIREARMS tag for those who cannot lawfully possess a firearm.

Fair enough, I will keep my fingers crossed for something like that to happen.