• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Evars debates at UWF in Pensacola

Status
Not open for further replies.

michigan0626

I go to a community college in Clermont. Our campus "police" is some guy who looks to be about 325-350 lbs, wears a cop look uniform, and wears no gun or cuffs. Not sure how effective he could be other than using a cell phone to call 911. Im pretty sure most teachers in my school are against it, especially the extremely liberal teachers I was lucky enough to get stuck with. Im also pretty sure most students are against it, but that is mostly because they are 18,19,20 year old kids that weren't brought up with guns.

Its ironically sad really. If this passes, I would be ridiculed alot about the why do I need a gun questions etc, etc. But if there was a school shooting, I would be the person they all run to. While crying and in complete shock they would come to me or anyone else with a pistol and say "Help me!"

There is a small part of me inside that would want to tell them screw you go defend yourself. But, there is too much inside me to where I have a sense of responcibility to help those out in time of trouble.

I volunteered to extend my contract and go back to Iraq because if something were to happen and someone go injuried or killed I wanted it to happen to me so that someone else may life. Samething at the prison I work at, I volunteer for different situations, so that if something were to happen it would happen to me.

There will always be wolves, there will always be sheep, hopefully there is always at least one sheepdog to protect the flock.

77zach

Look, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but anybody for any "gun control" is stupid, among other things. I have family members who think that guns are pure evil-they literally shudder at the thought of them. But none of them are for government enforced ( that is, at gunpoint enforced) gun control because any moron should know that "making a law" will not dissuade a person who wants to rob, kidnap, rape, murder, etc. So people for gun control are either evil or stupid.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
people for gun control are either evil or stupid.

We can close the forum now. ;-)

Seriously tho, it really is that simple. All the discussion about guns and gun control are 100% covered in that quote. No decent, civilized, intelligent person wants gun control.

Rich7553

We can close the forum now. ;-)

Seriously tho, it really is that simple. All the discussion about guns and gun control are 100% covered in that quote. No decent, civilized, intelligent person wants gun control.

And why is that? Because gun control isn't about guns, it's about control.

bigtim6656

I got o community college here in indiana. I know of 4 students, 3 teachers who all have firearms in their cars when in class.

To me it is crazy

Question though, should they pass it wit right to carry on campus does that mean one can go to class packing or does it remain in your truck

bushwacker

if your gonna leave it in your car why even allow guns on campus? did the virgina shooter give them a chance to go to car for gun....no ...and if you make it to the car then do like everyone else ...get in and go ...duhhhh you made it to car you are pretty safe to make the great escape ...drive off ...don't go back to shoot the guy, he may see you coming and get you first with his last bullet,oh but not his last bullet cause you just brought him some more in that car gun with that special limited edition chrome/stainless engraved with live to shoot /shoot to live spare clip. and if asked why didn't you save those peoples lives ...just say .... well i thought i would let you be the hero by allowing you to go and stop the killing with your gun, what happened to ya? why did you let so many die? Im not security, cop or national guard. i don't carry my gun to stop crime from happening.I carry my gun to stop crime from happening to me or my loved ones.

~*'Phoenix'*~

i don't carry my gun to stop crime from happening.I carry my gun to stop crime from happening to me or my loved ones.

I don't agree with the mindset, but you're right. Since even police aren't under obligation to protect any individuals, it goes less so for us. I would like to think someone legally armed, including myself, would risk his or life to protect others I don't even know, my response would depend on the situation. No, I wouldn't go back if I had a good probability he'd take me down and take my weapon for his nefarious assault, but I would if I felt I had a good chance of stopping him, even if it meant risking my own wellbeing.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
that says it all ....well deserved fate we are not the responsible ones its the law makers

Call me a bleeding heart Liberal if you want, I'll make the stand for someone else. I'm just that kinda guy.

A civil society is EVERYONE'S responsibility. I can pick up a little slack from the others. It's not Collectivism or Communism, it's Community.

Somebody has to do it while the rest sit back an get fat.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
"I believe it is everybody's right to defend themselves, but I also believe you have the right to be in a safe environment and not have to worry about guns being prevalent,"

I believe it is everybody's right to travel by themselves, but I also believe you have the right to be in a safe environment and not have to worry about cars filled with drunk drivers being prevalent.

I believe it is everybody's right to dress themselves, but I also believe you have the right to be in a safe environment and not have to worry about clothing with offensive words being prevalent.

I believe it is everybody's right to think for themselves, but I also believe you have the right to be in a safe environment and not have to worry about people who canot use logic being prevalent.

There are days when it's not worth the effort to chew through the restraints.

stay safe.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
If some assbag decides to 'worry about guns being prevalent,' let him/her do so. It's that person's choice to worry over nothing if they want.

I can worry about my neighbor building a nuclear warhead in his garage if I want... Doesn't mean my worrying is justified or sane; but I can do it.

Anti's like to 'worry' about stuff to falsely imply there is something to be worrying about. I can worry that everyone on this forum will butt rape me with a broom handle. Doesn't mean my 'worries' are justified.... Cops love to play right along and go with the "well, I need to check you out because people are worried..."

10,000 worried, hateful assbags still don't add up to Probable Cause or Reasonable, Articulable Suspicion.

False Worry is one of the Left's favorite tools for generating fear of, and slandering, those they don't like and wish to marginalize.

Last edited:

bushwacker

Call me a bleeding heart Liberal if you want, I'll make the stand for someone else. I'm just that kinda guy.

A civil society is EVERYONE'S responsibility. I can pick up a little slack from the others. It's not Collectivism or Communism, it's Community.

Somebody has to do it while the rest sit back an get fat.

it's an unwarented risk . if you go back you might come out good and get to be a big time hero ummmm lots of oprah . and tyra type interviews. but if you screw up and shoot the wrong person who also has a gun and is going for the fame or when the cops sneaking around to get the drop on whoever it is with a gun and see you before you see them or if you take a shot at the guy and miss him and catch a bystander then you may lose that hero status and get the ole lawsuit for wrongfull death or since you were safe and returned , maybe get the acting as law officer charge or death by mistaken id or even what some might consider worse ..paralyzed from spine shot from that mistaken officer or do gooder after all. like it was said earlier. some places leo's don't have to show at time of shooting, but they do have to show to take reports afterwards (hummm maybe they know something)
These things can happen a whole arrey of misshaps can happen , don't get me wrong if I have gun on me at the time of eruption then yes, I will stand ground for me and my loved ones but for the help me help me mouse that was talked about earlier ..well they gonna owe me big and I just might let them know that while helping them . like their word to carry and promote carring guns for the rest of their now extended life and polish my bike on saturdays or something but all this isn't what the question of the topic is it was gun in car or classrooms , we are kindof getting off subject .. srry..

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
it's an unwarented risk . if you go back you might come out good and get to be a big time hero ummmm lots of oprah .

Pretend that those you disagree with want to be heroes and make fun of them for your fabricated response.

Some people take more responsibility than you choose to. No need to be insulting about it. You choose a lesser amount of responsibility for your community and civic duties. No one called you a douche for making that choice. No need to call people a douche for making a different choice than you did, either.

You're sounding like one of those soccer moms that berates an OCer while doing nothing to protect her own children. Someone else chooses to do something that you feel makes you look bad, so you berate them.

Cops don't want anyone to OC because it'll make their penis extensions irrelevant.... Whatever. Don't insult people just because they do more than you choose to.

There are dozens of examples of people being offensive towards those that make them feel inadequate. You have to be very full of yourself to believe that making you feel inadequate had anything to do with the choice. I don't know your thoughts, so how could it?

If self is your highest calling, you have failed at life.

It is entirely on topic, as the School environment isn't just you. Would you grab you gun and come back? I said yes. You called me names. Anyone who disagrees with you wants to be on Oprah. Then you tried to say it was off topic just because it wasn't what you would do...

I called you on it. Move on.

Last edited:

bushwacker

Pretend that those you disagree with want to be heroes and make fun of them for your fabricated response.

Some people take more responsibility than you choose to. No need to be insulting about it. You choose a lesser amount of responsibility for your community and civic duties. No one called you a douche for making that choice. No need to call people a douche for making a different choice than you did, either.

You're sounding like one of those soccer moms that berates an OCer while doing nothing to protect her own children. Someone else chooses to do something that you feel makes you look bad, so you berate them.

Cops don't want anyone to OC because it'll make their penis extensions irrelevant.... Whatever. Don't insult people just because they do more than you choose to.

There are dozens of examples of people being offensive towards those that make them feel inadequate. You have to be very full of yourself to believe that making you feel inadequate had anything to do with the choice. I don't know your thoughts, so how could it?

If self is your highest calling, you have failed at life.

It is entirely on topic, as the School environment isn't just you. Would you grab you gun and come back? I said yes. You called me names. Anyone who disagrees with you wants to be on Oprah. Then you tried to say it was off topic just because it wasn't what you would do...

I called you on it. Move on.
you haven't called me on anything. all you have done is made unfounded accusations and lots of unwarrented name calling that presents you as a stooge with a rambo image.
Anyone here that reads back can see that I have not said anything about anyone wanting to be a hero ,as you claim. i said if it goes good you could get that status, i also added the flip side of that coin on possibilities of it going bad, but that didn't fit into your attack ,so you didn't mention that,
fabricated response hummm I didn't know my response was fabricated, thought it was my own origional thoughts,but maybe you are the one that doesn't like thoughts of disagreement so you just said that for the effect of belittlement.
as far as me sounding like a soccer mom (like you said.) that berates ocer's and wouldn't protect their loved ones. here again ,mr sarah rambo palin, anyone can read back and see that I stated " i carry to prevent crime from happening to me and my loved ones" well that offsets you saying that self is my lifes calling.
As you said , you don't know my thoughts , you also don't know how and where i was raised nor have anything to compare my life with today that would justify you grading me as a failure in life,or how much responsibility i choose to take. or what civic duty is needed for the community (that you don't even know) that I live in. but thats not necessary for you. is it Mr judgemental rambo
I don't really know where you are going with the police penis extentions thing ( i guess you are having fantasy flashbacks from your younger days of peeping extenisvely in the mens room at the local cop shop ....ummm... your not still doing that are you? or have you moved up to body cavity search? ) but you do seem to have quite a grip on self-absorbed inadequacy reconition...did someone teach you that or you base it on your own experiences there Mr sensitivity rambo?
now I don't see where I called you names before this post, you just assumed that , however anyone that reads back can easily see that you have called me a fabricating,irresponsible,insulting,community slacking douch that sounds like a self preserving soccer mom with child abandoning tendency of which is a name calling inadequate self-absorbed failure. so who is really doing the name calling Mr i got your label rambo.
you obiously haven't been around people shooting at each other and haven't realized the reality of random gun fire panic. there is lots of written and video examples of what people do when mass murder shootings are happening and I don't see any of them running to the car, home, office, store, to get a gun and go back. bet you can't find a drop in the buckett on those that returned compaired to those that chose not too , but that is something you would have to experience. so back away from the tv and remove yourself from the computer and the security of your home and go to the wild side of town and get some sort of experience to go with your imagination there Mr armchair rambo, you will be supprised at the skyscraper level of concentration your mind will reach on the angle of a gun barrel that someone is trying to level on you with only one intent.
now you said that you called me on my writting when the fact is . anyone who reads all that has been written will truely know that it is you that has been called on it. but don't despair Mr website rambo, there will be mornings that you are going to wake up not feeling so moist and unfreash

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
You insulted anyone who doesn't agree with your way.

Rambo? Really?

You are not worth talking to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.