• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Bill Introduced In U.S. House

Rich B

Stolen from here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...rry-Reciprocity-Bill-Introduced-In-U.S.-House

National Right-to-Carry
Reciprocity Bill Introduced In U.S. House

Click here to vote in this week's poll.

Last week, H.R. 822, was introduced in the U.S. House by Representatives Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) and Heath Schuler (D-N.C.). The measure would allow any person with a valid state-issued concealed carry permit to carry a concealed firearm in any state that issues concealed firearm permits, or that does not prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms. A state's laws governing where concealed firearms may be carried would apply within its borders. The bill also applies to Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and U.S. territories.

H.R. 822 would not create a federal licensing system. Rather, it would require the states to recognize each others' carry permits, just as they recognize drivers' licenses and carry permits held by armored car guards. Rep. Stearns has introduced such legislation since 1995.

Please be sure to contact your U.S. Representative at (202) 225-3121 and urge him or her to cosponsor and support H.R. 822.

Alex.EastHartford.

valid state-issued concealed carry permit to carry a concealed firearm in any state

Rich our state is not a concealed carry permit state? so how doe's this bill work for CONNECTICUT? our permit said (STATE PERMIT TO CARRY PISTOLS AND REVOLVERS. National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Bill ( For Concealed Carry Permit state gun owners only?) please need more input.

brk913

Not that I believe this bill will pass but I think we are covered if it does. Although we do not have a CCW we are allowed to carry concealed with our permit, thus it should be considered a concealed permit for purposes of this bill. Now if our permit mandated open carry only that would be different.

Recon Marine

If CT Isnt coverd

If CT isnt coverd, spend the $114 dollars & get the FL permit I got mine in 6 Weeks, and it's good for like 28 states, & no Bull shito class like Utah (even though i have that one too)! It's about time for some common sence legislation, i just got my Permit in CT again Feb 24th, 2011 I applied in Oct 2009, the Police in my town said i was "Unsuitable" the board of Firearms though diffrently, they saw through the non sence. 16 Months to get a CT Permit thats if the PD Complies, which they havent yet!

Rich B

Rich our state is not a concealed carry permit state? so how doe's this bill work for CONNECTICUT? our permit said (STATE PERMIT TO CARRY PISTOLS AND REVOLVERS. National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Bill ( For Concealed Carry Permit state gun owners only?) please need more input.

Good question. I would assume it includes the proper language for any 'permit to carry' but you know what happens when you assume...

AGust82

Entire text of bill here:

http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/2011/02/hr-822-concealed-carry-reciprocity-bill.html

a) Notwithstanding any provision of the law of any State or political subdivision thereof, related to the carrying or transportation of firearms, a person who is not prohibited by Federal law from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm, and who is carrying a government-issued photographic identification document and a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant to the law of a State and which permits the person to carry a concealed firearm, may carry a concealed handgun (other than a machinegun or destructive device) that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, in any State, other than the State of residence of the person, that—

Our permits permit concealed carry, so under this language we should be alright.