• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for richmond area volunteers 5:30-6:15 pm Wed. 3/2/11 for documentary

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I need your help this coming Wednesday evening, March 2nd, from around 5:30 till 6:15 PM at the Virginia War Memorial, 621 S. Belvidere Street, Richmond. (see directions and map here - http://www.vawarmemorial.org/memorial/directions/ or
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...449107&spn=0.009767,0.014656&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A )

I need folks who are willing to be individually videotaped saying "I am Virginia" for part of a documentary. It will not be necessary to state your name or say anything else. It should take less than a minute for the actual videotaping, but I noted a block of time that we will be there getting everyone who shows up videotaped.

Please RSVP back to me by no later than Tuesday evening at 6 PM so I can let the camera guy know if we can do this.

BTW, OC is permitted at the War Memorial.

Thanks for considering coming out to do this.

stay safe.

p.publius

I'll Try

I'd love to do this but the drive from DC is a killer at that time of day. Besides, you may not want my (damn) Yankee accent saying "I am Virginia!" Can we email video of us at other historic sites? I was thinking of Arlington National Cemetery... Robert E Lee's home btw.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'd love to do this but the drive from DC is a killer at that time of day. Besides, you may not want my (damn) Yankee accent saying "I am Virginia!" Can we email video of us at other historic sites? I was thinking of Arlington National Cemetery... Robert E Lee's home btw.

Email is fine and don't worry about the accent. Everyone has an accent except me:lol:
Email address is:

Editor@Oldva.org

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Really appreciate your willingness to make a 2-hour+ drive one-way for 10 seconds of fame. And Yam Dankees, come-here's, furriners with strange accents and other folks who now hang their hat in Virginia (or wish they could) would be welcome any time. I'm all of those things and could never fully express how much I appreciate every kindness extended to me in spite of the error I made in not being born here.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I need your help this coming Wednesday evening, March 2nd, from around 5:30 till 6:15 PM at the Virginia War Memorial, 621 S. Belvidere Street, Richmond. (see directions and map here - http://www.vawarmemorial.org/memorial/directions/ or
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...449107&spn=0.009767,0.014656&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A )

I need folks who are willing to be individually videotaped saying "I am Virginia" for part of a documentary. It will not be necessary to state your name or say anything else. It should take less than a minute for the actual videotaping, but I noted a block of time that we will be there getting everyone who shows up videotaped.

Please RSVP back to me by no later than Tuesday evening at 6 PM so I can let the camera guy know if we can do this.

How is that RSVP thing going to work at 5:59 PM on Tues. if the photographer is going to be there at 5;30 PM?

sidestreet

I'll try to be there...,

and maybe I can get the kid to be there too.

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Riana

I wish I could have made it, but that's a heck of a drive from NOVA. If they're going to be up this way, maybe they could make a second photo-op? There's going to be an OC dinner on the 7th...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Thanks!
We had a few show up and I got a usable clip out of it. The audio needs work ...as usual, because of the traffic noise, but the video works.

This is just a little more personal touch in the Doc and it was good to see Dragonfly, Sidestreet and his son.

On the bigger scale, I spent most of the day in Surry and came home with a tad over 20 gigs of new video I'm sorting through now.

Next week I'm going to concentrate on sit down interviews. This is changing so fast I'm having trouble keeping up with the new events.