• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Key Arena Policy

amlevin

overwhelming, actually:lol:

Having a little insight into the mentality, they'd probably just deny admittance unless the party decided to go lock it in their vehicle.

Maybe someone could start up a "valet service" for firearms. Give them the firearm, they give you a claim check and the service retrieves it for you when you leave. They could provide the lockers and the service would probably be quicker than anything provided by the "City".

Last edited:

jt59

Having a little insight into the mentality, they'd probably just deny admittance unless the party decided to go lock it in their vehicle.

Maybe someone could start up a "valet service" for firearms. Give them the firearm, they give you a claim check and the service retrieves it for you when you leave. They could provide the lockers and the service would probably be quicker than anything provided by the "City".

:idea:
Yeah, yeah, Ok, Yeah, that's the ticket....maybe, like, we could buy out some street vendor roach coach, and then like, take out the fry daddy and cotton candy maker and replace it with some, like, bowling ball lockers (I have a source) and then like, park it in the NW corner public parking lot from Key Center for like, $15.00 and charge like, $4.00/hour, max $15.00 for the night.....call it something like "Meals on Wheels"..........wait, I got it!

.... "Gun Runners Inc." :banana:

Unclaimed firearms after 24 hours will be sold for unclaimed tickets....we'll check their LCCP, and hold their drivers license, sign a pre-authorized release.....although, there must be, like, some federal license involved or at a minimum, maybe like, a license for a short term pawn shop operation, and then...........:uhoh: imagine 6,000 people exiting the arena after a concert and some drinking, and a SPD report of VWG (Van with Guns)....and them sending out a SWAT team to investigate.....

I wonder what the vehicle insurance would cost?...maybe we could get US Bank to finance the rig....well, maybe not, its probl'y better as a "cash and carry" (sorry) operation. :monkey

I just wanted to get my wife five blocks back to the car, from the arena after the concert at 11:00 pm with a little cover in this crime infested town.

Last edited:

Tawnos

in their use contracts with promoters of Key Arena (and others), require that they not allow firearms at their event....

They're trying to use Cherry, which means they still haven't bothered to read the decision, specifically where it says that the only reason the preemption doesn't apply is because it's not a limitation that applies to the general population.

Metalhead47

:idea:
Yeah, yeah, Ok, Yeah, that's the ticket....maybe, like, we could buy out some street vendor roach coach, and then like, take out the fry daddy and cotton candy maker and replace it with some, like, bowling ball lockers (I have a source) and then like, park it in the NW corner public parking lot from Key Center for like, $15.00 and charge like, $4.00/hour, max $15.00 for the night.....call it something like "Meals on Wheels"..........wait, I got it!

.... "Gun Runners Inc." :banana:

Unclaimed firearms after 24 hours will be sold for unclaimed tickets....we'll check their LCCP, and hold their drivers license, sign a pre-authorized release.....although, there must be, like, some federal license involved or at a minimum, maybe like, a license for a short term pawn shop operation, and then...........:uhoh: imagine 6,000 people exiting the arena after a concert and some drinking, and a SPD report of VWG (Van with Guns)....and them sending out a SWAT team to investigate.....

I wonder what the vehicle insurance would cost?...maybe we could get US Bank to finance the rig....well, maybe not, its probl'y better as a "cash and carry" (sorry) operation. :monkey

I just wanted to get my wife five blocks back to the car, from the arena after the concert at 11:00 pm with a little cover in this crime infested town.

Keep the fry daddy... advertise it as a "complimentary cleaning and oiling" service. Gotta keep the cotton candy maker too, well, cuz it's cotton candy!

Trigger Dr

Are the people running the lockers qualified for a "Brady" check? If not someone could be in trouble for giving them control of a firearm.

jt59

I don't think the folks running the lockers touch or handle the firearm at all. They simply give you a key and locker to use.

correct....the Lt. was clear about that, and that they do not clear the firearm. He said "if you have your LCCP, then we assume your smart enough to handle your firearm without accidently shooting my office".

joeroket

Are the people running the lockers qualified for a "Brady" check? If not someone could be in trouble for giving them control of a firearm.

Not if you place the firearm in the locker and you have the only key. I believe this takes away constructive possession from the arena employees and places it on the holder of the key.

joeroket

They're trying to use Cherry, which means they still haven't bothered to read the decision, specifically where it says that the only reason the preemption doesn't apply is because it's not a limitation that applies to the general population.

That wasn't cherry Tawnos. The case you quote was PNWSA v Sequim.

Tawnos

That wasn't cherry Tawnos. The case you quote was PNWSA v Sequim.

Both said something along those lines:
"The "laws and ordinances" preempted are laws of application to the general public, not internal rules for employee conduct. "

But yeah, I was more generally thinking of PNWSA-

Applying our reasoning in Cherry, it follows that a municipal property owner like a private property owner may impose conditions related to firearms for the use of its property in order to protect its property interests.   For the same reason that a municipal employer may enact policies regarding possession of firearms in the workplace because a private employer may do so, a municipal property owner should be allowed to impose conditions related to sales of firearms on its property if a private property owner may impose them.   The critical point is that the conditions the city imposed related to a permit for private use of its property.   They were not laws or regulations of application to the general public.

joeroket

Both said something along those lines:
"The "laws and ordinances" preempted are laws of application to the general public, not internal rules for employee conduct. "

But yeah, I was more generally thinking of PNWSA-

Applying our reasoning in Cherry, it follows that a municipal property owner like a private property owner may impose conditions related to firearms for the use of its property in order to protect its property interests.   For the same reason that a municipal employer may enact policies regarding possession of firearms in the workplace because a private employer may do so, a municipal property owner should be allowed to impose conditions related to sales of firearms on its property if a private property owner may impose them.   The critical point is that the conditions the city imposed related to a permit for private use of its property.   They were not laws or regulations of application to the general public.

Ahhhh.. Thanks for pointing that out. I did not remember the Cherry decision saying that so I went back and read it. You are correct. For everyone reading here is the key part in Cherry that Tawnos was pointing to:

We hold that the Legislature, in amending RCW 9.41.290, sought to eliminate a multiplicity of local laws
relating to firearms and to advance uniformity in criminal firearms regulation. The Legislature did not intend to
interfere with public employers in establishing workplace rules. The "laws and ordinances" preempted are laws
of application to the general public, not internal rules for employee conduct.