Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pirates

Pirates

So... do the pirates in Somalia actually talk like pirates? If not then can they really be pirates. I submit that they are not unless they have at least one among their group that has at least one of the defining pirate attributes: peg leg, hook for hand, patch over eye, parrot on shoulder or muzzle loader pistol in belt (may have a sword as a substitute). Also must say "Arrgghh!"

Without these pirate attributes they are just your average thugs on watercraft and should be dealt with by just eliminating them on sight. Real pirates should be given the pirate trial and the choice of punishment being made to walk the plank or swing from the highest yard arm. I doubt the Somalia thugs even know what a yard arm is.

I know there has been previous threads regarding "Pirate Tags" and "Pirate Carnival Cruises", but, really haven't seen any progress toward this. I keep asking Idaho Fish and Game if tags are available but they keep directing me to the endangered species act and wolves.

I have been preparing for the Zombie apocolypse however it seems like Pirates may become a reality sooner. In preparation for this I am outfitting my single man inflatable fishing pontoon with my Mini-14 by making a swivel mount that will fit in the oar lock on either side. Of course my 1911 with hollow points is always with me. Should these Somalian "Pirates" invade the Boise River or Lucky Peak Reservoir I will be prepared!
    Last edited by carracer; 02-26-2011 at 02:55 PM. Reason: spelling

You need one of These mounted to the bow of your pontoon.
    Last edited by Motofixxer; 02-26-2011 at 03:01 PM.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Do they make a version that won't affect the balance of the pontoons? That looks a little heavy and might cause the bow to ride too low in the water affecting the speed of my electric trolling motor.

You could just fabricate some brackets that mount it up top and centered, then put your sight screen right on your dashboard. It could double as a backup camera at the docks...bonus!
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

In honor of the 4 American citizens executed several days ago by Somali pirates I have a humble suggestion.

How about we pull our troops currently guarding the poppy fields in Afghanistan and use them to completely level Somalia instead?
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 02-26-2011 at 04:12 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    In honor of the 4 American citizens executed several days ago by Somali pirates I have a humble suggestion.

How about we pull our troops currently guarding the poppy fields in Afghanistan and use them to completely level Somalia instead?
    To the best of my knowledge, my son, and the sons and daughters of many others, are not "guarding" poppy fields.

I don't think my son would appreciate your comment. I know that I don't.

If this country, and the other seagoing nations, really want to do something about these pirates, then quit the handwringing and execute them on the spot when caught.

Banned
    Nope. Just keep an attack plane constantly in the area. We know which "mother" ships are being used by the pirates. Keep an eye on that activity, and, when they send out the launches against an American ship (or the ship of an ally who supports us in this venture), blow the mother ship out of the water and strafe the launches.

Do this a few times, and they will leave us (and our allies) alone. They will go after the feebs (like we are now), who refuse to defend themselves.

President Obama needs to grow a pair.

McX
    pirates, zombies, they're all the same to me; kill 'em all. kill 'em equally as not to discriminate.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post

I don't think my son would appreciate your comment. I know that I don't.
    I appreciate the sacrifices you and your family have made for this country.

Unfortunately that does not change the fact that Afghanistan is the number one producer of poppy in the world. And that yearly production has increased since our occupation (until 2010 I believe). So it is hardly my fault that this nation is squandering our military resources. And this does not reflect poorly of your son in my eyes. Quite the contrary. I'm pissed he has to be there.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 02-26-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Banned
    I appreciate the sacrifices you and your family have made for this country.

Unfortunately that does not change the fact that Afghanistan is the number one producer of poppy in the world. And that yearly production has increased since our occupation (until 2010 I believe). So it is hardly my fault that this nation is squandering our military resources. And this does not reflect poorly of your son in my eyes. Quite the contrary. I'm pissed he has to be there.
    That still does not excuse your despicable charge about the behavior of our soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    That still does not excuse your despicable charge about the behavior of our soldiers.

You insist my charge was directed towards our guys on the ground. You are mistaken.

--Moderator Edited--
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 02-26-2011 at 06:17 PM. Reason: smiley faces are fun
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Not a cool comment man. I have given a large portion of my short life serving in Afghanistan and known many men who have died doing their job honorably there...

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    President Obama needs to grow a pair.
    or he could borrow one from Michellemybell she has three.

Last edited by oldbanger; 02-26-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Banned
    ...How about we pull our troops currently guarding the poppy fields in Afghanistan and use them to completely level Somalia instead?
    You insist my charge was directed towards our guys on the ground. You are mistaken.

[Personal attack removed from quote.]
    Read your bolded part. You are accusing our soldiers guarding poppy fields. That is a despicable accusation. Period.

I would hope that you apologize to those who served, but will not hold my breath waiting for such.

Moving on.
    Last edited by eye95; 02-26-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    pirates, zombies, they're all the same to me; kill 'em all. kill 'em equally as not to discriminate.
    Whoa!! Wait a minute!

What if I'm a good pirate like Capt. Blood? Its the only way I'll get a chick like Olivia deHaviland! Wouldn't wanna get shot up just at the time I finally get a girl like that!

Last edited by Citizen; 02-26-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    SNIP How about we pull our troops currently guarding the poppy fields in Afghanistan and use them to completely level Somalia instead?
    Because there are no poppy fields in Somalia for CIA and DEA to make money on, silly.

Why, we need to stay in Afghanistan at least another 15 years so DEA agents can gain experience for their resumes against the day they run for Sheriff in Loudoun County, VA.

Besides, how else is CIA supposed to get funding for their unapproved ops when the economy is down and tax receipts are low?

What are you trying to do, wreck the whole American system of covert government?

PS: I don't really understand what all the heat against Handy is about. I fully understood what he meant. I knew he was not busting on the troops themselves. Sheesh, guys. If we always take literally everything everybody says, we'll be arguing non-stop until...

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Whoa!! Wait a minute!

What if I'm a good pirate like Capt. Blood? Its the only way I'll get a chick like Olivia deHaviland! Wouldn't wanna get shot up just at the time I finally get a girl like that!
    You do realize she's 94 years old, don't you?
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ak56 View Post
    You do realize she's 94 years old, don't you?

Yes. (sigh).

I was too young for Lauren Bacall, too.

A fella can dream, can't he?

Yes. (sigh).

I was too young for Lauren Bacall, too.

A fella can dream, can't he?

If only we could travel back in time...
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

PS: I don't really understand what all the heat against Handy is about. I fully understood what he meant. I knew he was not busting on the troops themselves. Sheesh, guys. If we always take literally everything everybody says, we'll be arguing non-stop until...
    +1. I understood what he meant, too. No issues with at all. Apparently, there's more than one way to look at his comment.

As for pirates, we can't smack them before the commit piracy, but for the life of me I can't figure out when we lost the subtle art of repelling boarders, and if necessary, by means of deadly force. Did it just go out of vogue, or something?

Lol...

On a more serious note:

Title 18 U.S.C. 1651 states: Whoever, on the high seas, commits the crime of piracy as defined by the law of nations, and is afterwards brought into or found in the United States, shall be imprisoned for life.

Look like some teeth to me. There's no requirement with respect to the nationality of the prirate or the victim.
    Last edited by since9; 03-01-2011 at 03:06 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    He stands by what he said, even to the point where he will not apologize for the comment about the troops. (He took the time to PM me to say that he won't apologize to anyone.)

If he were truly misunderstood (I am not convinced of this, based on his PM), he'd apologize for having made a statement that clearly criticizes the troops for guarding poppy fields and state that that was not his intention.

Disgusting.

Seems like as as good enough place to leave this as any.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110301/...gress_spending

On Kennedy: '61 memo claims Ted Kennedy sought to rent brothel

So crap.

Next?

So, not much next these days. Cockroaches are VERY good at shrinking from the light of law, hiding in the dark and attempting to escape from the law.

Not gonna happen.You might have escaped today's sunlight, but tomorrow's is blowing your skirt well above your brain before sunrise, sister.

I even punctuated "tomorrow's" properly, so shut it." You're done.

Sorry, OCDO regulars. It's over, done deal. On with life.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

A whole 4 Billion in cuts, wow.

That should close the 1.3 trillion "dollar" deficit in no time. We should be able to eliminate that 14 trillion "dollar" debt soon.

Way to hunker down and make tough cuts guys!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

The three main budget items that need to be looked at are always off the table. Social Security/Medicaid/medicare, Military Intervention, and bailouts/subsidies. Until these things are cut drastically or eliminated then our economy will never get back on track.

(When I say "Military Intervention" I am referring to undeclared wars, and being the "world's policeman" I am not talking about the military as a whole)

Of course even if we do all that It will all be in vain until we remove the powers of currency creation away from the hands of the banksters.

The only hope for our economy is to get rid of this debt based "money" system.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Yep Get rid of the Fed.

I heard one politicians solution was to sell the gold U.S. possesses, because the government is the largest holder of Gold. Oh yea that makes sense git rid of the one tangible asset we do posses.

Rand Paul is being more sensible but he is being ignored by most other politicians because his cuts would probably hurt the "constituents" (not the people) who got them their power and who will give them lucrative jobs when done.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast