• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pirates

carracer

So... do the pirates in Somalia actually talk like pirates? If not then can they really be pirates. I submit that they are not unless they have at least one among their group that has at least one of the defining pirate attributes: peg leg, hook for hand, patch over eye, parrot on shoulder or muzzle loader pistol in belt (may have a sword as a substitute). Also must say "Arrgghh!"

Without these pirate attributes they are just your average thugs on watercraft and should be dealt with by just eliminating them on sight. Real pirates should be given the pirate trial and the choice of punishment being made to walk the plank or swing from the highest yard arm. I doubt the Somalia thugs even know what a yard arm is.

I know there has been previous threads regarding "Pirate Tags" and "Pirate Carnival Cruises", but, really haven't seen any progress toward this. I keep asking Idaho Fish and Game if tags are available but they keep directing me to the endangered species act and wolves.

I have been preparing for the Zombie apocolypse however it seems like Pirates may become a reality sooner. In preparation for this I am outfitting my single man inflatable fishing pontoon with my Mini-14 by making a swivel mount that will fit in the oar lock on either side. Of course my 1911 with hollow points is always with me. Should these Somalian "Pirates" invade the Boise River or Lucky Peak Reservoir I will be prepared!

Last edited:

carracer

Do they make a version that won't affect the balance of the pontoons? That looks a little heavy and might cause the bow to ride too low in the water affecting the speed of my electric trolling motor.

Motofixxer

You could just fabricate some brackets that mount it up top and centered, then put your sight screen right on your dashboard. It could double as a backup camera at the docks...bonus! :banana:

HandyHamlet

In honor of the 4 American citizens executed several days ago by Somali pirates I have a humble suggestion.

How about we pull our troops currently guarding the poppy fields in Afghanistan and use them to completely level Somalia instead?

Last edited:

SFCRetired

In honor of the 4 American citizens executed several days ago by Somali pirates I have a humble suggestion.

How about we pull our troops currently guarding the poppy fields in Afghanistan and use them to completely level Somalia instead?
To the best of my knowledge, my son, and the sons and daughters of many others, are not "guarding" poppy fields.

I don't think my son would appreciate your comment. I know that I don't.

If this country, and the other seagoing nations, really want to do something about these pirates, then quit the handwringing and execute them on the spot when caught.

eye95

Nope. Just keep an attack plane constantly in the area. We know which "mother" ships are being used by the pirates. Keep an eye on that activity, and, when they send out the launches against an American ship (or the ship of an ally who supports us in this venture), blow the mother ship out of the water and strafe the launches.

Do this a few times, and they will leave us (and our allies) alone. They will go after the feebs (like we are now), who refuse to defend themselves.

President Obama needs to grow a pair.

M

McX

pirates, zombies, they're all the same to me; kill 'em all. kill 'em equally as not to discriminate.

HandyHamlet

I don't think my son would appreciate your comment. I know that I don't.

I appreciate the sacrifices you and your family have made for this country.

Unfortunately that does not change the fact that Afghanistan is the number one producer of poppy in the world. And that yearly production has increased since our occupation (until 2010 I believe). So it is hardly my fault that this nation is squandering our military resources. And this does not reflect poorly of your son in my eyes. Quite the contrary. I'm pissed he has to be there.

Last edited:

eye95

I appreciate the sacrifices you and your family have made for this country.

Unfortunately that does not change the fact that Afghanistan is the number one producer of poppy in the world. And that yearly production has increased since our occupation (until 2010 I believe). So it is hardly my fault that this nation is squandering our military resources. And this does not reflect poorly of your son in my eyes. Quite the contrary. I'm pissed he has to be there.

That still does not excuse your despicable charge about the behavior of our soldiers.

JollyLBK

Not a cool comment man. I have given a large portion of my short life serving in Afghanistan and known many men who have died doing their job honorably there...

oldbanger

pirateday.gif

http://www.facebook.com/InternationalTalkLikeAPirateDay

Last edited:

eye95

...How about we pull our troops currently guarding the poppy fields in Afghanistan and use them to completely level Somalia instead?

You insist my charge was directed towards our guys on the ground. You are mistaken.

[Personal attack removed from quote.]

Read your bolded part. You are accusing our soldiers guarding poppy fields. That is a despicable accusation. Period.

I would hope that you apologize to those who served, but will not hold my breath waiting for such.

Moving on.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
pirates, zombies, they're all the same to me; kill 'em all. kill 'em equally as not to discriminate.

Whoa!! Wait a minute!

What if I'm a good pirate like Capt. Blood? Its the only way I'll get a chick like Olivia deHaviland! Wouldn't wanna get shot up just at the time I finally get a girl like that! :D

[video=youtube;9BDiNhe_YNQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BDiNhe_YNQ[/video]

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP How about we pull our troops currently guarding the poppy fields in Afghanistan and use them to completely level Somalia instead?

Because there are no poppy fields in Somalia for CIA and DEA to make money on, silly.

Why, we need to stay in Afghanistan at least another 15 years so DEA agents can gain experience for their resumes against the day they run for Sheriff in Loudoun County, VA.

Besides, how else is CIA supposed to get funding for their unapproved ops when the economy is down and tax receipts are low?

What are you trying to do, wreck the whole American system of covert government?

:D

PS: I don't really understand what all the heat against Handy is about. I fully understood what he meant. I knew he was not busting on the troops themselves. Sheesh, guys. If we always take literally everything everybody says, we'll be arguing non-stop until...