• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pirates

since9

Campaign Veteran
PS: I don't really understand what all the heat against Handy is about. I fully understood what he meant. I knew he was not busting on the troops themselves. Sheesh, guys. If we always take literally everything everybody says, we'll be arguing non-stop until...

+1. I understood what he meant, too. No issues with at all. Apparently, there's more than one way to look at his comment.

As for pirates, we can't smack them before the commit piracy, but for the life of me I can't figure out when we lost the subtle art of repelling boarders, and if necessary, by means of deadly force. Did it just go out of vogue, or something?

Lol...

On a more serious note:

Title 18 U.S.C. § 1651 states: Whoever, on the high seas, commits the crime of piracy as defined by the law of nations, and is afterwards brought into or found in the United States, shall be imprisoned for life.

Look like some teeth to me. There's no requirement with respect to the nationality of the prirate or the victim.

Last edited:

eye95

He stands by what he said, even to the point where he will not apologize for the comment about the troops. (He took the time to PM me to say that he won't apologize to anyone.)

If he were truly misunderstood (I am not convinced of this, based on his PM), he'd apologize for having made a statement that clearly criticizes the troops for guarding poppy fields and state that that was not his intention.

Disgusting.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Seems like as as good enough place to leave this as any.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110301/ap_on_re_us/us_congress_spending

On Kennedy: '61 memo claims Ted Kennedy sought to rent brothel

So crap.

Next?

So, not much next these days. Cockroaches are VERY good at shrinking from the light of law, hiding in the dark and attempting to escape from the law.

Not gonna happen.You might have escaped today's sunlight, but tomorrow's is blowing your skirt well above your brain before sunrise, sister.

I even punctuated "tomorrow's" properly, so shut it." You're done.

Sorry, OCDO regulars. It's over, done deal. On with life.

END_THE_FED

A whole 4 Billion in cuts, wow.

That should close the 1.3 trillion "dollar" deficit in no time. We should be able to eliminate that 14 trillion "dollar" debt soon.

Way to hunker down and make tough cuts guys!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

The three main budget items that need to be looked at are always off the table. Social Security/Medicaid/medicare, Military Intervention, and bailouts/subsidies. Until these things are cut drastically or eliminated then our economy will never get back on track.

(When I say "Military Intervention" I am referring to undeclared wars, and being the "world's policeman" I am not talking about the military as a whole)

Of course even if we do all that It will all be in vain until we remove the powers of currency creation away from the hands of the banksters.

The only hope for our economy is to get rid of this debt based "money" system.

sudden valley gunner

Yep Get rid of the Fed.

I heard one politicians solution was to sell the gold U.S. possesses, because the government is the largest holder of Gold. :banghead: Oh yea that makes sense git rid of the one tangible asset we do posses.

Rand Paul is being more sensible but he is being ignored by most other politicians because his cuts would probably hurt the "constituents" (not the people) who got them their power and who will give them lucrative jobs when done.

END_THE_FED

Another big thing that I think is often overlooked is the 17th amendment. If it was repealed it would be a huge step toward the restoration of the Republic.

1913 was a pretty awful year in American history. It gave us the 16th and 17th amendments and the Federal Reserve Act.

sudden valley gunner

Another big thing that I think is often overlooked is the 17th amendment. If it was repealed it would be a huge step toward the restoration of the Republic.

1913 was a pretty awful year in American history. It gave us the 16th and 17th amendments and the Federal Reserve Act.

Yea the NAZI's actually borrowed a lot of their strategies from our "progessive" policies and works of that time.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP but for the life of me I can't figure out when we lost the subtle art of repelling boarders, and if necessary, by means of deadly force. Did it just go out of vogue, or something?

The forum discussed this a year or two ago.

I vaguely recall two main factors:

1. Maritime insurers being opposed.
  2. Many nations not allowing armed merchant vessels into their ports.

Bowers

Handy meant no harm, or disrespect to the troops. Anyone who sees otherwise is looking for something to nitpick. Commands come from higher up.

That being said, people should just carry, and CONCEAL! At least when they go into port. Or leave the guns on the ship if they don't want to take them ashore. Or, take them ashore so they won't be discovered on the boat. . . many options availible to those who don't want to become prey. Or, the bad guys still have to climb over the sides. use pointy sticks if you don't wanna use guns.

sidenote: I've never traveled on a ship anywhere, so I'm doing what most on this forum do exceptionally well: armchair quarterback

eye95

If he meant no harm, he'd apologize for his despicable remark that allows no other plain reading than as an insult of the troops themselves.

It is long since past time that he said something along the lines of: "I am sorry to have said something that insults those who are serving. That is not what I meant." Instead, he lets the words stand, and sends me a PM saying that he will NOT apologize to anyone.

The quote is despicable and warrants an apology to the troops.

HandyHamlet

A retort to the LIE pposted here.

I specifically said eye95 will never get the apology he so adamantly demands from me. Big difference.

Moving on...

Gunslinger

In honor of the 4 American citizens executed several days ago by Somali pirates I have a humble suggestion.

How about we pull our troops currently guarding the poppy fields in Afghanistan and use them to completely level Somalia instead?

No American soldiers are guarding poppy fields or whore houses. While I happen to agree with leveling the messiah's homeland, I take issue with your statement prior to it.

DevinWKuska

We cant get rid of all the pirates. If we did we would have to explain why we cant even repel South American illegal immigrants. Not to mention the feds would have alot of explaining to do as to why they dont notice thousands of starving/dying cubans(headed to Florida) untill they can practically hop onto its beaches.

However... instead of blowing up the mother ships. Why not go back to Somalia... level the coastline of any port large enough to support such a ship. Then simply starve them out in the middle of the ocean. If you shoot them then dieing of a bullet is a chance. If they know we will retaliate by starving them in the middle of the ocean, and then bombing their hometowns... now they have something to lose. ARGHHHH MATEY's!!!

Sorry dont want to disappoint some folks so.... strafe them with less then lethal rounds... yeah...

Last edited: