• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry

joematias

Hey, my name is joe, and i have a ccw lic.. And i live in the state of ohio, i had my ccw for a year now, i live in a bad city (youngstown) and just been worryed about the people in my block or for those that live around me cause they like to carry guns for other reasons..( just to say my home has been broken into twice but i wasn't home neither my kid's thank god) the question is should i be worryed about the people around me that dont think that it's okay to do so...i dont wont no problems... The 2 question is the cops here in youngstown are always in a bad mood and may just shoot befor asking question just because i opened carryed.... 3 question is when is their going to be a meeting for the right to open here in ohio so my family can join (date & month if you can thank you for taking your time to read this message... God bless..

Campo6245

The first thing I will say is congratulations on supporting gun rights by carrying a gun legally! We need all the pro help we can get. Second I would tell you that you should be 150% certain of where you can open carry and IF and HOW you must inform an officer that you are carrying if you are stopped. Lastly, I would say that I like to carry open and concealed. I would say that you should conceal carry, but if you sense that people are watching you or tailing you, take your jacket off walk with your jacket on your weak side (away from your holster). If there is a potential threat it will be exstinguished 99% of the time. Just my 2 cents. If you are in indoors, however, such as a mall, I always say conceal carry. Statistics have shown that these wackos who commit mass shootings will go for an openly armed individual, such as a police officer first. Better to stay alive with your defensive skills so that you can make your way to an exit or communicate with law enforcement.

1245A Defender

OK!!

When is the next movement, i really want to join...

please send me 100$, in unmarked bills:lol::lol:

youre already a member in good standing!!
you live in an open carry friendly state, and you have a permission slip to conceal!

start reading, studying, and asking questions in the Ohio state forum.
you will find members, and new friends in your area.
do some OCing with others, in safe, accepting places, and get used to it, its all good!
get a cheap voice recorder, turn it on, and carry it, EVERY time you carry out side of your house! ! !

carry always, around your home, protect your self and your family!!!!

Last edited:

1245A Defender

well,,,

what movement are you talking about?

joematias seems to be asking about the open carry movement, but he may really mean,
that he wants to go to an open carry get together!

but i dont think he really is serious, he was just another drive by troll poster.

and to answer your PM,,, most or all seasoned open carriers will also
advise you to carry a recorder that is turned on, at all times when out and about!

Campo6245

joematias seems to be asking about the open carry movement, but he may really mean,
that he wants to go to an open carry get together!

but i dont think he really is serious, he was just another drive by troll poster.

and to answer your PM,,, most or all seasoned open carriers will also
advise you to carry a recorder that is turned on, at all times when out and about!

Thank you for your reply to my PM Defender. In the state where I live, it is literally so small, that once I got my permit, I had people from different departments calling me up to congratulate me. It is so small that departments know that I carry, and if an officer sees me that doesn't know me, if I mention my name it rings a bell. I just wish that more people had this right in my state also.

since9

Campaign Veteran
...3 question is when is their going to be a meeting for the right to open here in ohio so my family can join (date & month if you can thank you for taking your time to read this message... God bless..

Please try the Ohio section! No blowing off going on here. It's just that you're far closer to what's up with things there than you are here on the national forums.

Our 50 states have SO many different laws, that those of us from other states dare not try to advise you in your own state.

KansasMustang

Movement?

I dunno about movements, but mine'll probably be in about a half hour. As far as open carrying. If it's an opencarry state, which Ohio is, there's probably a forum or group of folks that'll support you and help you out. As previously mentioned, check the Ohio section on this forum and link up with some folks on here.