Thread: 27 years late, but it's finally here

27 years late, but it's finally here

The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Centurion
    I hear a faint screaming in my ears! I think I can make out what is being said.... It is a distant echo from 1791 ish...
    no unreasonable searches or seizures... Yep that is it.... NO UNREASONABLE SEARCHES OR SEIZURES!!!!!!!!!!!

"faint screaming"? What I hear is the founders of our country rolling over in their graves at the thought of the government blatantly violating the rights of citizens.

If it meant I never flew again, there is no way in Hades that I would allow anyone other than my own private physician to run a DNA analysis on me and only if he had a darn good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    "faint screaming"?
    What I hear is the founders of our country rolling over in their graves...

They are. The 4A violations committed against our citizenry are both insidious and heinous.

DNA screening? Really, Rodbender? Are you kidding? Are they actually proposing such a massive invasion of our privacy rights?

I'm not calling you out, rodbender. I don't believe that's appropriate at all. Just want to know more information.
    Last edited by since9; 03-01-2011 at 10:07 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Yep that is it.... NO UNREASONABLE SEARCHES OR SEIZURES!
    I think it's time for the American Public to start posting the 4th Amendment EVERYWHERE, until such time as EVERYONE in America GETS IT.

It has NOTHING to do with hiding from the law. It has EVERYTHING to do with the law respecting the private citizen.

If the law is incapable of pulling it's head out it's ass to get that, then the law doesn't deserve to be the law. Go fish, and while you're at it, go find a police state country that subscribes to your Gestapo tactics. Neither myself nor my ancestors fought for a way of life wherein our God-given civil rights, as secured by our Declaration of Independance and our Constitution, could be subverted by this twisted crap.

It will never happen. Not in MY country. EVER.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    What I hear is the founders of our country rolling over in their graves...

They are. The 4A violations committed against our citizenry are both insidious and heinous.

DNA screening? Really, Rodbender? Are you kidding? Are they actually proposing such a massive invasion of our privacy rights?

I'm not calling you out, rodbender. I don't believe that's appropriate at all. Just want to know more information.
    I posted the article. Read it for yourself. That's all I have.
    Last edited by rodbender; 03-01-2011 at 11:12 AM.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

The Daily = The Onion. It's a British humor site.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.