Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sen. Terry Moulton on Constitutional Carry

Sen. Terry Moulton on Constitutional Carry

I write my reps on a weekly basis, and up until yesterday I never received a response from Sen. Terry Moulton. The letter is dated Feb. 1st, but was delivered to me yesterday (the 25th). One thing I noticed is that he took the time to hand sign it. Not sure if this alone merited a new thread... but I wasn't sure where to put it if not.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-02-26_10-16-45_414.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	5316

That is awesome!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Cool Fantastic!

Great! I wish they were all that!

it is awesome, except I am damn near positive I have seen that reply before, verbatim. I understand our congresspeople are busy, but canned letters always rub me the wrong way.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattD View Post
    I write my reps on a weekly basis, and up until yesterday I never received a response from Sen. Terry Moulton. The letter is dated Feb. 1st, but was delivered to me yesterday (the 25th). One thing I noticed is that he took the time to hand sign it. Not sure if this alone merited a new thread... but I wasn't sure where to put it if not.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-02-26_10-16-45_414.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	5316
    They all say 'we haven't seen any legislation yet'.

I'm tired of hearing it. Send them this.

This suggested legislation doesn't need the magic 20 Senators to be passed. It has ZERO budget implications so it can be passed by a simple majority.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by SIGdude View Post
    it is awesome, except I am damn near positive I have seen that reply before, verbatim. I understand our congresspeople are busy, but canned letters always rub me the wrong way.
    I have seen that reply before and it is a b.s. general response. Also I HATE HATE HATE when you see that "I am a gun owner and a hunter" bullsh1t. I don't care if you are a hunter, this is not about hunting this is about LIBERTY AND FREEDOM.

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    I don't care if you are a hunter, this is not about hunting this is about LIBERTY AND FREEDOM.
    Exactly! The 2nd Amendment mentions nothing about hunting. I don't mind if people hunt, I just don't. I'm too lazy. I like doing my hunting at Texas Roadhouse or Piggly Wiggly.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    They all say 'we haven't seen any legislation yet'.

I'm tired of hearing it. Send them this.

This suggested legislation doesn't need the magic 20 Senators to be passed. It has ZERO budget implications so it can be passed by a simple majority.
    I have been forwarding that with every email (one to Moulton and one to Bernier) once a week since it was done... I think 3 or so. The response was from the 1st and I think my first email with the proposed legislation went out on the 5th. It does sound like the same response from both of them though.... Kathy usually says the same thing, although I haven't received a response from her since I stated sending the proposed bill along.

My typical email includes my usual argument for my 2A rights. The NO STINKIN PERMITS (put nicely). A link to "Guns Good Bans Bad". The list of links to all of the states proposing some sort of Constitutional Carry. AND the proposed legislation for Constitutional Carry that was put together here by you wonderful gents
    I also make sure to ask them to pass the information around.
    Hopefully they listen.... if not.. I'll do my part to make sure they dont have a job next election.

Matt

Also I HATE HATE HATE when you see that "I am a gun owner and a hunter" bullsh1t. I don't care if you are a hunter, this is not about hunting this is about LIBERTY AND FREEDOM.
    +1000000000000
    Hunting and rights have nothing in common. One is a privilage, the other is a right that our government should not tell us how to exercise.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    +1000000000000
    Hunting and rights have nothing in common. One is a privileges, the other is a right that our government should not tell us how to exercise.
    I agree with you on them always mentioning hunting BUT hunting is a guaranteed Right in WI. I'm peed because we have the PRIVILEDGE to pay for that !
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    I agree with you on them always mentioning hunting BUT hunting is a guaranteed Right in WI. I'm peed because we have the PRIVILEDGE to pay for that !
    Hunting is in 2 WI Constitutional amendments. Article 1, Section 25 and Section 26. Section 26 allows them to 'regulate' and therefore 'tax' hunting.

Article 1, Section 26

The people have the right to fish, hunt, trap, and take game subject only to reasonable restrictions as prescribed by law.

How can one have a right AND "reasonable restrictions?"

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Article I, 26
    Right to fish, hunt, trap, and take game. Section 26. [As created April 2003] The people have the right to fish, hunt, trap, and take game subject only to reasonable restrictions as prescribed by law.
    The permit/license must be one of those restrictions.

Note: It doesn't say that in here
    Article I, 25
    Right to keep and bear arms. Section 25. [As created Nov. 1998] The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose. [1995 J.R. 27, 1997 J.R. 21, vote November 1998]

Quote Originally Posted by phred View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by phred View Post
    The permit/license must be one of those restrictions.

The restictions should be the bag limits, like total limit of Democratic State Senitors... 14 per outing !lol
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

The restictions should be the bag limits, like total limit of Democratic State Senitors... 14 per outing !lol
    I hear you need an out of state license for that

Your going to need an "out of state" tag for that...

Bad joke I know, but I just could not help it... Sorry...

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    there is also a non resident tax, a 3 day waiting period, and a note from your doctor stating you are able to lift that much doodoo at one time lol
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 03-01-2011 at 07:53 AM.
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

And you know what the funny thing is, I'll bet if you check with the DNR that most of these politicians haven't bought a permit to hunt anything since their dads took them as kids.

Personally I've never heard any actual deer/turkey/coyote/bear/etc hunters ever refer to themselves as "a hunter." I know I've never described my fondness for venison or hatred for coyotes and crows under such a blanket term.

I'd just like to point out as a hunter(yes, I'm calling myself a hunter) that the reason we pay for hunting permits is to improve our environment, and safeguard hunting for future generations. Any taxes that we pay in order to hunt a wild animal has been self-imposed by hunters. Hunters pushed for that legislation because they wanted the money that's generated from permits to go back into the system to safeguard our resources. I'm perfectly fine with paying for my deer, small game, waterfowl, and fishing permits because I want my kids to be able to go to public wildlife areas and hunt pheasants that the DNR stocks. While I don't think that the DNR does everything right, I'm glad they're there.

@anmut, I've been seeing lots of crows around my house lately, they just need to land in those tree and I have my air rifle on their heads ready to take out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro01 View Post
    I'd just like to point out as a hunter(yes, I'm calling myself a hunter) that the reason we pay for hunting permits is to improve our environment, and safeguard hunting for future generations. Any taxes that we pay in order to hunt a wild animal has been self-imposed by hunters. Hunters pushed for that legislation because they wanted the money that's generated from permits to go back into the system to safeguard our resources. I'm perfectly fine with paying for my deer, small game, waterfowl, and fishing permits because I want my kids to be able to go to public wildlife areas and hunt pheasants that the DNR stocks. While I don't think that the DNR does everything right, I'm glad they're there.

@anmut, I've been seeing lots of crows around my house lately, they just need to land in those tree and I have my air rifle on their heads ready to take out.
    Just curious, but how does the DNR improve our resources? How does the state own a wild animal?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro01 View Post

Put something rotten on the ground and wait for the little bastards to come in.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Put something rotten on the ground and wait for the little bastards to come in.
    We have crows, and ravens hanging around the house regularly, I do not mind one bit, they take out the damaging little chipmunk bastards and red squirrels.

I put out large tubs of water, the chipmunks look in, see their own reflection, and jump in the water to attack the vermin looking back at them and they drown, later in the day the ravens and crows come by and remove the little striped bastards from the water, take them away, and eat them. Problem solved.

Various rodents are responsible for the soaring tick populations, especially the ones that carry Lyme disease. So again, I welcome the crows and ravens.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Exactly! The 2nd Amendment mentions nothing about hunting. I don't mind if people hunt, I just don't. I'm too lazy. I like doing my hunting at Texas Roadhouse or Piggly Wiggly.
    please remember the dinosaurs are extinct, and endangered species are endangered why?: Because they taste delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    We have crows, and ravens hanging around the house regularly, I do not mind one bit, they take out the damaging little chipmunk bastards and red squirrels.

I put out large tubs of water, the chipmunks look in, see their own reflection, and jump in the water to attack the vermin looking back at them and they drown, later in the day the ravens and crows come by and remove the little striped bastards from the water, take them away, and eat them. Problem solved.

Various rodents are responsible for the soaring tick populations, especially the ones that carry Lyme disease. So again, I welcome the crows and ravens.
    Crows eat duck eggs & harass farmers, and that to me is a good enough reason to put as many down as possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast