• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sen. Terry Moulton on Constitutional Carry

MattD

I write my reps on a weekly basis, and up until yesterday I never received a response from Sen. Terry Moulton. The letter is dated Feb. 1st, but was delivered to me yesterday (the 25th). One thing I noticed is that he took the time to hand sign it. Not sure if this alone merited a new thread... but I wasn't sure where to put it if not.

2011-02-26_10-16-45_414.jpg

SIGdude

it is awesome, except I am damn near positive I have seen that reply before, verbatim. I understand our congresspeople are busy, but canned letters always rub me the wrong way.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I write my reps on a weekly basis, and up until yesterday I never received a response from Sen. Terry Moulton. The letter is dated Feb. 1st, but was delivered to me yesterday (the 25th). One thing I noticed is that he took the time to hand sign it. Not sure if this alone merited a new thread... but I wasn't sure where to put it if not.

View attachment 5316

They all say 'we haven't seen any legislation yet'.

I'm tired of hearing it. Send them this.

This suggested legislation doesn't need the magic 20 Senators to be passed. It has ZERO budget implications so it can be passed by a simple majority.

Attachments

• PPA-F_2-4-11.pdf
    74.4 KB · Views: 100

anmut

it is awesome, except I am damn near positive I have seen that reply before, verbatim. I understand our congresspeople are busy, but canned letters always rub me the wrong way.

I have seen that reply before and it is a b.s. general response. Also I HATE HATE HATE when you see that "I am a gun owner and a hunter" bullsh1t. I don't care if you are a hunter, this is not about hunting this is about LIBERTY AND FREEDOM.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I don't care if you are a hunter, this is not about hunting this is about LIBERTY AND FREEDOM.

Exactly! The 2nd Amendment mentions nothing about hunting. I don't mind if people hunt, I just don't. I'm too lazy. I like doing my hunting at Texas Roadhouse or Piggly Wiggly.

MattD

They all say 'we haven't seen any legislation yet'.

I'm tired of hearing it. Send them this.

This suggested legislation doesn't need the magic 20 Senators to be passed. It has ZERO budget implications so it can be passed by a simple majority.

I have been forwarding that with every email (one to Moulton and one to Bernier) once a week since it was done... I think 3 or so. The response was from the 1st and I think my first email with the proposed legislation went out on the 5th. It does sound like the same response from both of them though.... Kathy usually says the same thing, although I haven't received a response from her since I stated sending the proposed bill along.

My typical email includes my usual argument for my 2A rights. The NO STINKIN PERMITS (put nicely). A link to "Guns Good Bans Bad". The list of links to all of the states proposing some sort of Constitutional Carry. AND the proposed legislation for Constitutional Carry that was put together here by you wonderful gents :)
I also make sure to ask them to pass the information around.
Hopefully they listen.... if not.. I'll do my part to make sure they dont have a job next election.

Matt

johnny amish

Also I HATE HATE HATE when you see that "I am a gun owner and a hunter" bullsh1t. I don't care if you are a hunter, this is not about hunting this is about LIBERTY AND FREEDOM.

+1000000000000
Hunting and rights have nothing in common. One is a privilage, the other is a right that our government should not tell us how to exercise.

littlewolf

+1000000000000
Hunting and rights have nothing in common. One is a privileges, the other is a right that our government should not tell us how to exercise.

I agree with you on them always mentioning hunting BUT hunting is a guaranteed Right in WI. I'm peed because we have the PRIVILEDGE to pay for that !

paul@paul-fisher.com

I agree with you on them always mentioning hunting BUT hunting is a guaranteed Right in WI. I'm peed because we have the PRIVILEDGE to pay for that !

Hunting is in 2 WI Constitutional amendments. Article 1, Section 25 and Section 26. Section 26 allows them to 'regulate' and therefore 'tax' hunting.

protias

Article 1, Section 26

The people have the right to fish, hunt, trap, and take game subject only to reasonable restrictions as prescribed by law.

:rolleyes:

How can one have a right AND "reasonable restrictions?"

phred

Article I, §26
Right to fish, hunt, trap, and take game. Section 26. [As created April 2003] The people have the right to fish, hunt, trap, and take game subject only to reasonable restrictions as prescribed by law.

The permit/license must be one of those restrictions.

Note: It doesn't say that in here
Article I, §25
Right to keep and bear arms. Section 25. [As created Nov. 1998] The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose. [1995 J.R. 27, 1997 J.R. 21, vote November 1998]

littlewolf

The permit/license must be one of those restrictions.

Note: It doesn't say that in here

The restictions should be the bag limits, like total limit of Democratic State Senitors... 14 per outing !lol

oliverclotheshoff

there is also a non resident tax, a 3 day waiting period, and a note from your doctor stating you are able to lift that much doodoo at one time lol

Last edited:

anmut

And you know what the funny thing is, I'll bet if you check with the DNR that most of these politicians haven't bought a permit to hunt anything since their dads took them as kids.

Personally I've never heard any actual deer/turkey/coyote/bear/etc hunters ever refer to themselves as "a hunter." I know I've never described my fondness for venison or hatred for coyotes and crows under such a blanket term.

Pyro01

I'd just like to point out as a hunter(yes, I'm calling myself a hunter) that the reason we pay for hunting permits is to improve our environment, and safeguard hunting for future generations. Any taxes that we pay in order to hunt a wild animal has been self-imposed by hunters. Hunters pushed for that legislation because they wanted the money that's generated from permits to go back into the system to safeguard our resources. I'm perfectly fine with paying for my deer, small game, waterfowl, and fishing permits because I want my kids to be able to go to public wildlife areas and hunt pheasants that the DNR stocks. While I don't think that the DNR does everything right, I'm glad they're there.

@anmut, I've been seeing lots of crows around my house lately, they just need to land in those tree and I have my air rifle on their heads ready to take out.