• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sen. Terry Moulton on Constitutional Carry

protias

I'd just like to point out as a hunter(yes, I'm calling myself a hunter) that the reason we pay for hunting permits is to improve our environment, and safeguard hunting for future generations. Any taxes that we pay in order to hunt a wild animal has been self-imposed by hunters. Hunters pushed for that legislation because they wanted the money that's generated from permits to go back into the system to safeguard our resources. I'm perfectly fine with paying for my deer, small game, waterfowl, and fishing permits because I want my kids to be able to go to public wildlife areas and hunt pheasants that the DNR stocks. While I don't think that the DNR does everything right, I'm glad they're there.

@anmut, I've been seeing lots of crows around my house lately, they just need to land in those tree and I have my air rifle on their heads ready to take out.
Just curious, but how does the DNR improve our resources? How does the state own a wild animal?

anmut

I'd just like to point out as a hunter(yes, I'm calling myself a hunter) that the reason we pay for hunting permits is to improve our environment, and safeguard hunting for future generations. Any taxes that we pay in order to hunt a wild animal has been self-imposed by hunters. Hunters pushed for that legislation because they wanted the money that's generated from permits to go back into the system to safeguard our resources. I'm perfectly fine with paying for my deer, small game, waterfowl, and fishing permits because I want my kids to be able to go to public wildlife areas and hunt pheasants that the DNR stocks. While I don't think that the DNR does everything right, I'm glad they're there.

@anmut, I've been seeing lots of crows around my house lately, they just need to land in those tree and I have my air rifle on their heads ready to take out.

Put something rotten on the ground and wait for the little bastards to come in.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Put something rotten on the ground and wait for the little bastards to come in.

We have crows, and ravens hanging around the house regularly, I do not mind one bit, they take out the damaging little chipmunk bastards and red squirrels.

I put out large tubs of water, the chipmunks look in, see their own reflection, and jump in the water to attack the vermin looking back at them and they drown, later in the day the ravens and crows come by and remove the little striped bastards from the water, take them away, and eat them. Problem solved.

Various rodents are responsible for the soaring tick populations, especially the ones that carry Lyme disease. So again, I welcome the crows and ravens.

M

McX

Exactly! The 2nd Amendment mentions nothing about hunting. I don't mind if people hunt, I just don't. I'm too lazy. I like doing my hunting at Texas Roadhouse or Piggly Wiggly.

please remember the dinosaurs are extinct, and endangered species are endangered why?: Because they taste delicious!

anmut

We have crows, and ravens hanging around the house regularly, I do not mind one bit, they take out the damaging little chipmunk bastards and red squirrels.

I put out large tubs of water, the chipmunks look in, see their own reflection, and jump in the water to attack the vermin looking back at them and they drown, later in the day the ravens and crows come by and remove the little striped bastards from the water, take them away, and eat them. Problem solved.

Various rodents are responsible for the soaring tick populations, especially the ones that carry Lyme disease. So again, I welcome the crows and ravens.

Crows eat duck eggs & harass farmers, and that to me is a good enough reason to put as many down as possible.

Fast Ed

Hunting is a right given by law. RTKBA is a right given by God. Government has the authority to regulate any "right" they confer on us. They do not have the authority to regulate the God-given rights. There is a big difference.

Fast Ed