• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

626.9 question about GFSZ

CORN BORN

K-12 schools are listed. Does this include a Elementary? and other k-8 or up to any grade or only k-12 schools. And i seen that Southbay Open Carry has a school zone mapped out does San Diego and north county have a site that is like this? I can search SD schools website and find what i need... just thinking this would be cool to see all mapped out for SD area.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
K-12 schools are listed. Does this include a Elementary? and other k-8 or up to any grade or only k-12 schools.

Any school that teaches any grade from Kindergarten to 12th grade is counted as a K-12 school. So if a school solely teaches 9th graders, it counts. If a school just has Kindergarten, it counts.

CORN BORN

I will send an email to that and see what I can do.
Thanks for the clarification on the grade thing, I was hoping for a different response but I kinda knew that is what it was. I am about appx. 600-700 ft from the edge of the playground. and I just bought the house. The school isnt going to be moved and my house has a foundation so I wont be moving it anytime soon, so I will live by the law until it changes. Thanks for the info!

Born2Lose

I will send an email to that and see what I can do.
Thanks for the clarification on the grade thing, I was hoping for a different response but I kinda knew that is what it was. I am about appx. 600-700 ft from the edge of the playground. and I just bought the house. The school isnt going to be moved and my house has a foundation so I wont be moving it anytime soon, so I will live by the law until it changes. Thanks for the info!

Put up a 5' fence around your front yard.

Last edited:

CORN BORN

got a 5' around the house and the entire property of HOA. The HOA has a private road and property. The intersection of the private road to the public road is a where I can start to walk to Wally World and other stores but that is within the 1000' GFSZ, no signs are posted at or around the school and I havent took a tape to it to see if it is 1000' but I think if I tee up a golf ball with a driver I could make the school property line. I have on a good day hit 330+ yards but that was down hill with the wind at my back hitting the cart path and probaly a foot wedge to get me out of a unplayable area.

Born2Lose

Set google earth's measure function to feet and use it OR just LUCC until you are out of the 1000' GFSZ and transition to open carry. (in an inconspicuous way)

Last edited: