Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Their Here! Kel-Tec PMR-30 and Super Blackhawk .41 Magnum!

Thumbs up Their Here! Kel-Tec PMR-30 and Super Blackhawk .41 Magnum!

The PMR-30 I ordered in April 2010 finally arrived. What a light gun. Total weight with 30 rounds of .22 WMR is under 20 ounces! Also got the Super Blackhawk Stainless in .41 magnum. I apologize for the poor picture quality taken on my kitchen table.

Now I need a good holster for the PMR-30 since that is what I intend to use for open carry. Any ideas on a holster?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PMR30 1st.jpg 
Views:	646 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	5318   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SuperBlackhawk 41 Magnum.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	5319  

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    The PMR-30 I ordered in April 2010 finally arrived. What a light gun. Total weight with 30 rounds of .22 WMR is under 20 ounces! Also got the Super Blackhawk Stainless in .41 magnum. I apologize for the poor picture quality taken on my kitchen table.

Now I need a good holster for the PMR-30 since that is what I intend to use for open carry. Any ideas on a holster?

WHAT!!!???? NEW GUNS

I havent gotten a new gun in like .............days

Make one yourself with Kydex from http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=41_54_136 . There are many videos on www.youtube.com. I make all my own holsters for carry. It's quite easy and inexpensive. I could make one for you but I don't have that gun to use as a form. Also make sure to mount the light your planning on using on the gun before you make a holster for it, if you are intending on a light (I would). It would suck to make a holster, then add the light on and now it doesn't fit for you.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Talking Days! You mean HOURS!

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    WHAT!!!???? NEW GUNS

I havent gotten a new gun in like .............days
    Me too! I got all of them yesterday. Took me four hours to drive to all the dealers for the pick ups. Oh, no Hi-Point Carbine in .45ACP yet....coming soon to a store near you....and me!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Make one yourself with Kydex from http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=41_54_136 . There are many videos on www.youtube.com. I make all my own holsters for carry. It's quite easy and inexpensive. I could make one for you but I don't have that gun to use as a form. Also make sure to mount the light your planning on using on the gun before you make a holster for it, if you are intending on a light (I would). It would suck to make a holster, then add the light on and now it doesn't fit for you.
    Thanks for that information. I didn't know it was so easy! I think I will do this for the PMR-30 until (if ever) a retention holster is available.

Thanks again!

Congrats on your purchase! I picked up a Sig Sauer P238 recently for a concealed carry option ... when we regain that right in Wisconsin.

Nice. I like the Blackhawk. Just curious, why did you opt for the .41 over the .44?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    That is awesome! I want to make one for my IWI baby eagle compact because NO ONE makes a holster that I've ever found.

Thumbs up .41 over .44?

Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    Nice. I like the Blackhawk. Just curious, why did you opt for the .41 over the .44?
    I've always preferred the .41 magnum over the .44 magnum. I got my first Blackhawk in .41 magnum in 1980 and still have it. It still shoots as it did when new. I DO like the .44 magnum as well and have quite a few Rugers in .44 magnum....but I still like the .41 more. Why? Just because. LOL.

The reason I got this particular revolver is because it IS a Super Blackhawk Stainless in .41 magnum. I've never seen this offered before and am fairly certain Ruger has never made a Super Blackhawk in .41 magnum (BICBW).

It also came with scope rings. I like it!

Im a .41 fan also no blackhawk though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4420.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	5326  

Me too! I got all of them yesterday. Took me four hours to drive to all the dealers for the pick ups. Oh, no Hi-Point Carbine in .45ACP yet....coming soon to a store near you....and me!
    The gun shop in Rhinelander had a Hi-Point Carbine in .45acp last fall, when I picked up my new Blackhawk in
    .45 Colt.... so they are out there. I haven't been in there since, but I think it probably sold quickly... there were two guys "fondling" it after I did. When I ordered my Blackhawk a few days earlier, it wasn't there at that time... it came in the same delivery as my Ruger.

I was going to go back for it, but I found a Mossberg 935 at a good price elsewhere, and I bought it instead.

I've always preferred the .41 magnum over the .44 magnum. I got my first Blackhawk in .41 magnum in 1980 and still have it. It still shoots as it did when new. I DO like the .44 magnum as well and have quite a few Rugers in .44 magnum....but I still like the .41 more. Why? Just because. LOL.

The reason I got this particular revolver is because it IS a Super Blackhawk Stainless in .41 magnum. I've never seen this offered before and am fairly certain Ruger has never made a Super Blackhawk in .41 magnum (BICBW).

It also came with scope rings. I like it!
    Awesome. You might be right about it being the first SS Super Blackhawk in .41 (its a Davidsons exclusive isn't it?).

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by turbojohn41 View Post
    Im a .41 fan also no blackhawk though.
    Sweet collection! Is that a Marlin in .41 magnum? Where can I get a rifle like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    Awesome. You might be right about it being the first SS Super Blackhawk in .41 (its a Davidsons exclusive isn't it?).
    It is indeed an exclusive for Davidson's Gallery Of Guns. There is also a short barreled Super Blackhawk blued with gold rolled engraving on it that is supposedly a .41 magnum but when you click on "Details" it states it is a .44 magnum. I couldn't find that revolver available anywhere but I am sure another dealer can find it for me.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by safcrkr View Post
    The gun shop in Rhinelander had a Hi-Point Carbine in .45acp last fall, when I picked up my new Blackhawk in
    .45 Colt.... so they are out there. I haven't been in there since, but I think it probably sold quickly... there were two guys "fondling" it after I did. When I ordered my Blackhawk a few days earlier, it wasn't there at that time... it came in the same delivery as my Ruger.

I was going to go back for it, but I found a Mossberg 935 at a good price elsewhere, and I bought it instead.
    When I picked up my guns the shop was supposedly going to get a Hi-Point carbine in .45 ACP but it had not arrived yet. I may just order it instead of waiting to catch one when it is available. The carbine seems a bit heavy but for under $300 who cares! LOL

The PMR-30 I ordered in April 2010 finally arrived.
    You are a far more patient man than I!

Thanks rcawdor57

It is a Marlin 1894FG. Every once and a while they will have a run of them I bought mine 3-4 years ago. It is a fun little rifle to shoot.

John
    Last edited by turbojohn41; 02-28-2011 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandil View Post
    You are a far more patient man than I!

LOL! True, I am VERY patient! I ordered a .50 BMG almost three years ago and still don't have it. Sooner or later I will get it though.

The PMR-30 I knew was going to take a while since Kel-Tec is notorious for slow delivery. Ah...but it was worth it! Now I have one. Now I need another one...or perhaps two!?

Quote Originally Posted by turbojohn41 View Post
    Thanks rcawdor57

It is a Marlin 1894FG. Every once and a while they will have a run of them I bought mine 3-4 years ago. It is a fun little rifle to shoot.

John
    Wow, I have to find one of those! Is it similar to the deal that Cabela's has with Marlin for the 1895 lever action shotgun in .410? If so, I will have to watch closely for the next available guns!

McX
    Rak, i have determined that you are now 1000 guns over capacity, and i must ask you to immediately relinquish 40% of them to me.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    Rak, i have determined that you are now 1000 guns over capacity, and i must ask you to immediately relinquish 40% of them to me.
    LOL! One can NEVER have enough guns! The arms race continues against "Oldschool"!

LOL! One can NEVER have enough guns! The arms race continues against "Oldschool"!
    I bet you'll have "a pair" that he doesn't have.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar

just out of curiosity why did you chose a small caliber like the .22 for your carry firearm
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Talking PMR-30 For Carry....

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    just out of curiosity why did you chose a small caliber like the .22 for your carry firearm
    I have several pistols in various calibers for carry from the .22 rimfire through the .45 Colt but I normally wear my Glock 36 in .45 ACP.

I think I will carry the PMR once I get a holster for it and the reason is simple to me: It weighs under 20 ounces with 30 rounds of .22WMR. The weight starts pulling on my side and after a while is annoying if not painful so the lighter the better.

Talking I don't know...Oldschool has a lot of nice toys that he found while SCUBA diving!

Quote Originally Posted by phred View Post
    I bet you'll have "a pair" that he doesn't have.
    I think most of Oldschools guns were found while SCUBA diving in the Great Lakes. At least that's what he tells me...

Just think of all those boating accidents and all those lost guns...now we know who has been finding them!

Fred, looking forward to seeing that pair! I just happen to have ten C notes with your name on them waiting for you.
    Last edited by rcawdor57; 03-01-2011 at 12:44 PM. Reason: added letter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast