• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Their Here! Kel-Tec PMR-30 and Super Blackhawk .41 Magnum!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
The PMR-30 I ordered in April 2010 finally arrived. What a light gun. Total weight with 30 rounds of .22 WMR is under 20 ounces! Also got the Super Blackhawk Stainless in .41 magnum. I apologize for the poor picture quality taken on my kitchen table.

Now I need a good holster for the PMR-30 since that is what I intend to use for open carry. Any ideas on a holster?

Attachments

• PMR30 1st.jpg
    PMR30 1st.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 730
  • SuperBlackhawk 41 Magnum.jpg
    SuperBlackhawk 41 Magnum.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 540

oldschool

The PMR-30 I ordered in April 2010 finally arrived. What a light gun. Total weight with 30 rounds of .22 WMR is under 20 ounces! Also got the Super Blackhawk Stainless in .41 magnum. I apologize for the poor picture quality taken on my kitchen table.

Now I need a good holster for the PMR-30 since that is what I intend to use for open carry. Any ideas on a holster?

WHAT!!!???? NEW GUNS

I havent gotten a new gun in like .............days

Zeus

Make one yourself with Kydex from http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=41_54_136 . There are many videos on www.youtube.com. I make all my own holsters for carry. It's quite easy and inexpensive. I could make one for you but I don't have that gun to use as a form. Also make sure to mount the light your planning on using on the gun before you make a holster for it, if you are intending on a light (I would). It would suck to make a holster, then add the light on and now it doesn't fit for you.
MP45front.jpg

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Days! You mean HOURS!

WHAT!!!???? NEW GUNS

I havent gotten a new gun in like .............days

Me too! I got all of them yesterday. Took me four hours to drive to all the dealers for the pick ups. Oh, no Hi-Point Carbine in .45ACP yet....coming soon to a store near you....and me!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Make one yourself with Kydex from http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=41_54_136 . There are many videos on www.youtube.com. I make all my own holsters for carry. It's quite easy and inexpensive. I could make one for you but I don't have that gun to use as a form. Also make sure to mount the light your planning on using on the gun before you make a holster for it, if you are intending on a light (I would). It would suck to make a holster, then add the light on and now it doesn't fit for you.
MP45front.jpg

Thanks for that information. I didn't know it was so easy! I think I will do this for the PMR-30 until (if ever) a retention holster is available.

Thanks again!

anmut

MP45front.jpg

That is awesome! I want to make one for my IWI baby eagle compact because NO ONE makes a holster that I've ever found.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
.41 over .44?

Nice. I like the Blackhawk. Just curious, why did you opt for the .41 over the .44?

I've always preferred the .41 magnum over the .44 magnum. I got my first Blackhawk in .41 magnum in 1980 and still have it. It still shoots as it did when new. I DO like the .44 magnum as well and have quite a few Rugers in .44 magnum....but I still like the .41 more. Why? Just because. LOL.

The reason I got this particular revolver is because it IS a Super Blackhawk Stainless in .41 magnum. I've never seen this offered before and am fairly certain Ruger has never made a Super Blackhawk in .41 magnum (BICBW).

It also came with scope rings. I like it! :)

safcrkr

Me too! I got all of them yesterday. Took me four hours to drive to all the dealers for the pick ups. Oh, no Hi-Point Carbine in .45ACP yet....coming soon to a store near you....and me!

The gun shop in Rhinelander had a Hi-Point Carbine in .45acp last fall, when I picked up my new Blackhawk in
.45 Colt.... so they are out there. I haven't been in there since, but I think it probably sold quickly... there were two guys "fondling" it after I did. When I ordered my Blackhawk a few days earlier, it wasn't there at that time... it came in the same delivery as my Ruger.

I was going to go back for it, but I found a Mossberg 935 at a good price elsewhere, and I bought it instead.

Blk97F150

I've always preferred the .41 magnum over the .44 magnum. I got my first Blackhawk in .41 magnum in 1980 and still have it. It still shoots as it did when new. I DO like the .44 magnum as well and have quite a few Rugers in .44 magnum....but I still like the .41 more. Why? Just because. LOL.

The reason I got this particular revolver is because it IS a Super Blackhawk Stainless in .41 magnum. I've never seen this offered before and am fairly certain Ruger has never made a Super Blackhawk in .41 magnum (BICBW).

It also came with scope rings. I like it! :)

Awesome. You might be right about it being the first SS Super Blackhawk in .41 (its a Davidsons exclusive isn't it?).

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Awesome. You might be right about it being the first SS Super Blackhawk in .41 (its a Davidsons exclusive isn't it?).

It is indeed an exclusive for Davidson's Gallery Of Guns. There is also a short barreled Super Blackhawk blued with gold rolled engraving on it that is supposedly a .41 magnum but when you click on "Details" it states it is a .44 magnum. I couldn't find that revolver available anywhere but I am sure another dealer can find it for me.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
The gun shop in Rhinelander had a Hi-Point Carbine in .45acp last fall, when I picked up my new Blackhawk in
.45 Colt.... so they are out there. I haven't been in there since, but I think it probably sold quickly... there were two guys "fondling" it after I did. When I ordered my Blackhawk a few days earlier, it wasn't there at that time... it came in the same delivery as my Ruger.

I was going to go back for it, but I found a Mossberg 935 at a good price elsewhere, and I bought it instead.

When I picked up my guns the shop was supposedly going to get a Hi-Point carbine in .45 ACP but it had not arrived yet. I may just order it instead of waiting to catch one when it is available. The carbine seems a bit heavy but for under $300 who cares! LOL

turbojohn41

Thanks rcawdor57

It is a Marlin 1894FG. Every once and a while they will have a run of them I bought mine 3-4 years ago. It is a fun little rifle to shoot.

John

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
You are a far more patient man than I! :cuss:

LOL! True, I am VERY patient! I ordered a .50 BMG almost three years ago and still don't have it. Sooner or later I will get it though.

The PMR-30 I knew was going to take a while since Kel-Tec is notorious for slow delivery. Ah...but it was worth it! Now I have one. Now I need another one...or perhaps two!?

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Thanks rcawdor57

It is a Marlin 1894FG. Every once and a while they will have a run of them I bought mine 3-4 years ago. It is a fun little rifle to shoot.

John

Wow, I have to find one of those! Is it similar to the deal that Cabela's has with Marlin for the 1895 lever action shotgun in .410? If so, I will have to watch closely for the next available guns!

M

McX

Rak, i have determined that you are now 1000 guns over capacity, and i must ask you to immediately relinquish 40% of them to me.