Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I STAND WITH WALKER RALLY - March 5

I STAND WITH WALKER RALLY - March 5

Let's make this an Open Carry event.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/e...32577733479570

We had 15,000 down there last weekend, and that was with a 2 day notice.

UPDATE: this fb page may have been a hoax set-up by union-protestors.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 02-28-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    Let's make this an Open Carry event.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/e...32577733479570

We had 15,000 down there last weekend, and that was with a 2 day notice.
    Nice - I'm in.

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar
    Would love to be there but have to work

I refuse to "Sick out"
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

I have to work...Will be in Laona, WI
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I would love to be there, but I have to work as well.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Probably not, though I would like to.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Mister, "totality of the circumstances," will probably show up. I am going to try and make it.

Would love to but a "sick day" is not on my schedule that day, I have to work.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

The organizers are looking for big numbers to turn out, Imagine the numbers if they would have given everyone 2-3 weeks advance notice.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

There was speculation on the Facebook page for this event yesterday that it could be a setup by the unions. Trust, but verify.

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    There was speculation on the Facebook page for this event yesterday that it could be a setup by the unions. Trust, but verify.
    Apparently no "Official" Tea Party backing yet. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Some Walker backers and fellow Open Carriers, were given an unlawful order by the capitol police in GA that they couldn't carry on capitol property; which seems to include a few blocks .

Looks like the capitol laws weren't updated to reflect current state law or something and there is confusion, anyway I hope they get paid good in the lawsuit .

http://restoretheconstitution.wordpr...itol-building/

An after action report http://www.washingtonreb.com/2011/02...m-atlanta-rtc/

Interestingly he posted this:
    They deployed a new tactic. They sent a female protestor to barge through our group from behind and then she charged that some of our people “assaulted” her by elbowing her. The police put that BS to bed fortunately, but they may not always do so.
    And if you look at my post on AR15 (near the bottom) you will see we had some interesting females going through the crowd in Madison....... Watch your back .

At Lizzie's yesterday for breakfast, someone came up with the idea that those of us who support Constitutional Carry make signs saying that (and ONLY that, or maybe include "repeal 941.23 & 167.31") then go circulate among the "pro-rights" protestors who are already there.

I mean, they're so rabid about defending rights surely they want to defend all rights, right?

Make sure the signs are seen & videod by news cameras.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    At Lizzie's yesterday for breakfast, someone came up with the idea that those of us who support Constitutional Carry make signs saying that (and ONLY that, or maybe include "repeal 941.23 & 167.31") then go circulate among the "pro-rights" protestors who are already there.

I mean, they're so rabid about defending rights surely they want to defend all rights, right?

Make sure the signs are seen & videod by news cameras.
    I do not understand how some people can draw such a definitive line. Why can't someone be supportive of worker's rights and also be supportive of constitutional rights? "Rabid" is not a fair word. After seeing all the different people in Madison on Saturday, I can easily say that they represent many walks of life and vocation. They were definitely united and like any other corned person they are not going down without a fight. They feel that their worker rights are under grievous attack and are in imminent danger of death or great "bodily" harm. We are all about protecting rights. So, why do you think that these two issues are mutually exclusive?

When I sang the National Anthem along with more than 100,000 people on Saturday in the cold and the snow, it was a very emotional experience. I felt so much pride in my country and its people. There were firefighters and cops, correctional officers, teachers, nurses, pipefitters, teamsters, veterans, conductors and engineers, moms and dads, and our neighbors and friends. There was a man with a sign indicating he was USMC veteran. On it he had written "I fought for worker's rights and I still am." I thanked him.

Do not belittle or ridicule these protesters. Do not mock them. Alienating them will do no good.

Right so they're being bussed in by the DNC and Organizing for America to protect their right to take our money (taxpayers) to support benefits that none of us have in the private sector. I pay my entire health care insurance premium myself. I have no sympathy for the unions.

I would like to go armed with this sign .....after all they are all Hippies anyway, I wonder what they would do ?
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 02-28-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RockerFor2A View Post
    Right so they're being bussed in by the DNC and Organizing for America to protect their right to take our money (taxpayers) to support benefits that none of us have in the private sector. I pay my entire health care insurance premium myself. I have no sympathy for the unions.
    With no disrespect intended to you Rocker ... Something I don't understand ... If people are soo dissatisfied with the benefits which they receive at their places of employment ... why not organize a union and bargain for the pay and benefits you deserve? Why should the boss become a gazillionaire on the backs of underpaid under benefited workers.

Because it's unsustainable?

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
    With no disrespect intended to you Rocker ... Something I don't understand ... If people are soo dissatisfied with the benefits which they receive at their places of employment ... why not organize a union and bargain for the pay and benefits you deserve? Why should the boss become a gazillionaire on the backs of underpaid under benefited workers.
    Most of us aren't unhappy with our benefits - we are unhappy about paying for OUR benefits and then paying MORE for public union benefits.

Most of us aren't unhappy with our benefits - we are unhappy about paying for OUR benefits and then paying MORE for public union benefits.
    I am unhappy that I must pay extra on my utility bill for those that can't or won't.
    I am unhappy that I must pay extra on my car insurance for those that don't or won't.
    I am unhappy that I must pay extra on my health insurance because of those who can't or won't.
    I am unhappy that I must pay extra for my goods because some feel that they can take things without paying for the items.
    I am unhappy that the demand for copper and lead has sky-rocketed the price of ammunition.
    I am unhappy that gasoline is $3.50/gal (as of 02-28-2011) because of speculation and turmoil on the other side of the world.
    I am unhappy that I must pay extra for all my products so that some fat cat can "earn" millions of dollars per year and laugh at those that don't.

We are all unhappy because of certain things. When you buy products, much of what you pay is for the benefit of somebody, public or private. This is life!
    But I am not taking out my unhappiness or anger or frustration on any particular group of people.

Pour me another one. It's still early!

Again ... I, as a taxpayer, pay for my benefits ... I pay taxes too. I, as a consumer, help pay the wages and benefits of the people whos products and services I use.

Again ... I help pay your wages and benefits too. Do you get an employee discount ... I help pay for that too. So, What is your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
    ... why not organize a union and bargain for the pay and benefits you deserve? Why should the boss become a gazillionaire on the backs of underpaid under benefited workers.

And this herein lies the rub of the entire situation. A worker doesn’t DESERVE or is ENTITTLED to anything. A worker gets good pay/benefits by doing a good job and helping to advance the success of the company. Period. If the company (or State) is FORCED to pay high wages/benefits for workers who (as I call them are “empty uniforms”) due to a union, the company ultimately is going to do poorly and fail since it is not getting its expected “return on investment”, i.e. its employees. And yes, you are an investment to a company (or the State).

I work for a privately owned company. I personally know the gentleman who started the company some 45+ years ago. He started it in his garage. I have no doubt he worked 80+ hour weeks for YEARS with no overtime pay, benefits, sub-standard pay and no vacations in order to get his dream off the ground. He was successful and now has more money than I can even imagine. I don’t whine about the fact that he has more money than me or makes more money than me. He took the risk starting the company. With big risk comes big rewards. He’s EARNED it. I’m going to say that again. HE’S EARNED EVERY SINGLE PENNY. I’ve worked for this company for 14 years now. The company has taken very good care of me. I do a good job, grow the company’s bottom line, and in turn the company can afford to grow my bottom line (pay and benefits). Unions over-inflate pay and benefits on the back of someone else’s risk.

If a person doesn't like the pay or benefits they get from the company they work for, that person should quit. Find a company that does pay what they feel they are owed. OR, better yet, use the opportunity that EVERYONE has in this Country to start a business. Take the risk, get the reward. It’s that simple.

I’m not going to deny that unions in the past have greatly contributed to the improvement of the working conditions across this Country. They were created to keep companies from taking advantage of the worker. I understand that. But the coin has been flipped now and it is the unions that now take advantage of the company (and the State). Unions in my opinion are obsolete.

My .02 worth

64impala,
    If the State was FORCED to pay wages and benefits ... state union members would be gazillionaires. Unions negociate wages and benefits. Sometimes benefits cost the government less than increasing wages. State and local governments have to pay federal taxes on wages. This is why benefits are in some cases better.

Several family members have started their own businesses. I chose to serve my country and then my state instead.

What do you think is a fair wage?

I earned every penny that I got too. No one here is qualified to judge if someone does not "earn their wage". It is obvious that some people just do not value certain vocations or that they value one vocation much more than the another.

Is a professional football or basketball player worth every penny that they earn? Do they get every penny that they earn each year? No, they defer the payment into the future, so that when they are not playing, they are living off their pre-earned wages. Evidently you didn't read this:
    http://blogs.forbes.com/rickungar/20...oyee-pensions/
    or if you did, you don't believe it.

I've said earlier, if you want to get ahead, go to college, get a degree in water and soils management, or whatever, and either work for a private company and get your compensation up front or work for the government and have part of your compensation delayed. It is your choice. Now you want to fault others for their choices?

This budget issue could have been solved by simply saying "Here is the money you have to work with, split it up the way you think is best for your particular locale, situation, etc. If you want less salary and more benefit, then that is your choice. If you want more salary and less benefit, then ok". This is America, I think. When people have severe problems they come together and try to find a solution. Mandates are only acceptable when you agree with the mandate.

In the future, to save on energy and building materials, rooms in all new public buildings will have a maximum height of six feet. If you are taller than six feet, simply stoop or bend over. If you are unable to stoop or bend over, the state will pay for an operation to remove sections of your spine or femur, your choice.

You're still all bent out of shape (no pun intended) over the benefits when the public employees conceded to the changes. Move on!

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 64Impala View Post
    And this herein lies the rub of the entire situation. A worker doesn’t DESERVE or is ENTITTLED to anything. A worker gets good pay/benefits by doing a good job and helping to advance the success of the company. Period. If the company (or State) is FORCED to pay high wages/benefits for workers who (as I call them are “empty uniforms”) due to a union, the company ultimately is going to do poorly and fail since it is not getting its expected “return on investment”, i.e. its employees. And yes, you are an investment to a company (or the State).

I work for a privately owned company. I personally know the gentleman who started the company some 45+ years ago. He started it in his garage. I have no doubt he worked 80+ hour weeks for YEARS with no overtime pay, benefits, sub-standard pay and no vacations in order to get his dream off the ground. He was successful and now has more money than I can even imagine. I don’t whine about the fact that he has more money than me or makes more money than me. He took the risk starting the company. With big risk comes big rewards. He’s EARNED it. I’m going to say that again. HE’S EARNED EVERY SINGLE PENNY. I’ve worked for this company for 14 years now. The company has taken very good care of me. I do a good job, grow the company’s bottom line, and in turn the company can afford to grow my bottom line (pay and benefits). Unions over-inflate pay and benefits on the back of someone else’s risk.

If a person doesn't like the pay or benefits they get from the company they work for, that person should quit. Find a company that does pay what they feel they are owed. OR, better yet, use the opportunity that EVERYONE has in this Country to start a business. Take the risk, get the reward. It’s that simple.

I’m not going to deny that unions in the past have greatly contributed to the improvement of the working conditions across this Country. They were created to keep companies from taking advantage of the worker. I understand that. But the coin has been flipped now and it is the unions that now take advantage of the company (and the State). Unions in my opinion are obsolete.

My .02 worth
    +10000000000

i agree with you 100% impalla i was union (private union)once the the thing that chapped me about it was after 6 months of hire some schmuk was making just as much as i do after 6 years of hard work while doing 1/3 less(effort, quality, quantity) work i was doing

change is good
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 03-01-2011 at 12:03 PM.
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by phred View Post
    I am unhappy that I must pay extra on my utility bill for those that can't or won't.
    I am unhappy that I must pay extra on my car insurance for those that don't or won't.
    I am unhappy that I must pay extra on my health insurance because of those who can't or won't.
    I am unhappy that I must pay extra for my goods because some feel that they can take things without paying for the items.
    I am unhappy that the demand for copper and lead has sky-rocketed the price of ammunition.
    I am unhappy that gasoline is $3.50/gal (as of 02-28-2011) because of speculation and turmoil on the other side of the world.
    I am unhappy that I must pay extra for all my products so that some fat cat can "earn" millions of dollars per year and laugh at those that don't.

We are all unhappy because of certain things. When you buy products, much of what you pay is for the benefit of somebody, public or private. This is life!
    But I am not taking out my unhappiness or anger or frustration on any particular group of people.

Pour me another one. It's still early!
    Agreed - that unhappiness had me vote for Walker and others that would make changes. That's what he's doing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast