• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GRNC Update 2-27-11: YOU HAVE THEIR ATTENTION!

senojkj

Grass Roots North Carolina P.O. Box 10665 Raleigh, NC 27605, 919-664-8565

GRNC Update 2-27-11:

YOU HAVE THEIR ATTENTION!

Stand Down For Now

That's right, your emails and calls on HB 74 and attempts to water down the Castle Doctrine have had great effect and you have the attention of the House leadership, including Majority Leader Skip Stam. So while we continue to work on this, we ask you to put your efforts on hold. We expect to have an alert out on efforts to prevent the same watering down in the NC Senate. The price of liberty is eternal vigilance, so stay tuned. In the meantime, give yourselves a hand.

----------------------

You may find your NC STATE representative by going here:
http://www.grnc.org/contact_reps.htm

You may write your FEDERAL congressman by going here:
http://www.house.gov/writerep/

You may write your FEDERAL senators by going here:
http://www.senate.gov/

-------------------

Support these PRO RKBA merchants who, as GRNC sponsors, are supporting your Second Amendment rights:

Hyatt Gun Shop, 3332 Wilkinson Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28208, 704-394-0387, www.hyattguns.com
C & E Gun Shows, 4225 Fortress Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24060; Phone 540-953-0016 or 888-715-0606; http://www.cegunshows.com/
Ryan & Nina Leonard, Down South Ammo, Home of "SOUTHERN THUNDER" Exploding Targets, http://downsouthammo.com/
Duncan Gun & Pawn, 414 Second St., North Wilkesboro, NC 28659, 336-667-6303, www.duncangun.com
Shooter's Express, 2 Caldwell Dr., Belmont, NC 28012, 800-358-GUNS, www.shootersexpress.com
The Aisle Pawn Shop, 216 N. Main St., Mooresville, NC 28115, 704-663-5656
Gunner's Alley, LLC, 203 N. Harrison Ave., Ste. 130, Cary, NC 27513, www.gunnersalley.com, 919-388-1991, contact: Ed Guerriero, ed@gunnersalley.com
Lake Norman Firearms, Inc., 20823 N. Main Street, Cornelius, NC 28031, www.lknfirearms.com, 704-892-7839
Vanguard Security Consulting, LLC, 19135 W. Catawba Ave, Cornelius, NC 28031
DoubleD Media, 8300 Raintree Lane, Charlotte, NC 28277, ph: 704-650-5555, fx: 704-544-0326, donna@doubledme.com

cricketdad

And only 12 hours earlier the topic below was posted by you. What's up?

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...rt-2-26-11-IS-CASTLE-DOCTRINE-PROPOSAL-A-RUSE

It's really very simple. Stam tried to water down HB74. The GRNC reps there were in the meeting got the word out to the GRNC leadership. We started reacting, an alert was issued, others took up the cause, House leadership got the message and contacted us. Mission accomplished......... for now.

As Barney Fife would say, It was nipped in the bud.

Good job by all.

edrolee

so you're suggesting that b/c a politician, who has proven himself to turn against you before, has told you that he got the point we should believe him?

you don't think that he could be saying he understands what he did was wrong just to shut up the opposition/stop the phone calls?

i hope you are right that they have changed their position b/c if they haven't and we stop communicating and this bill gets killed or watered down than they have made GRNC look like fools and severely weekended the power of of GRNC

for me IMHO when a politician says he understands it means he wants you to stop bothering him while he does what he wants to do

cricketdad

so you're suggesting that b/c a politician, who has proven himself to turn against you before, has told you that he got the point we should believe him?

you don't think that he could be saying he understands what he did was wrong just to shut up the opposition/stop the phone calls?

i hope you are right that they have changed their position b/c if they haven't and we stop communicating and this bill gets killed or watered down than they have made GRNC look like fools and severely weekended the power of of GRNC

for me IMHO when a politician says he understands it means he wants you to stop bothering him while he does what he wants to do

HE wasn't the one doing the contacting, it was his boss, an no we don't trust them. That's why we keep a constant watch on them

Resto Guy

And what is the name of his boss? Does his boss determine how he votes, or, does Stam vote as he pleases?

edrolee

HE wasn't the one doing the contacting, it was his boss, an no we don't trust them. That's why we keep a constant watch on them

yes but the original suggestion is that we were to reign in our contact with them (that's the opposite of constant) or maybe it was meant that the masses, us poor working stiffs, should reign in our contact with the legislator (you know the people who are supposed to be working for us) and leave the regular contact to you professionals (who rely on our donations)

my point is if a legislator says he has heard you (esp if he has proven untrustworthy in the past) it probably means he is annoyed by the people calling in to express their opinion, it does NOT mean they they have changed their ways or opinions

cricketdad

And what is the name of his boss? Does his boss determine how he votes, or, does Stam vote as he pleases?

Not good with names so had to look it up. His boss is Thom Tillis, Speaker of the House. Can Stam vote as he pleases....sure. Will he cross the Speaker and the rest of the Republicans....whose help he might need later in this 2 year session?????????

Welcome to the game of politics.

cricketdad

yes but the original suggestion is that we were to reign in our contact with them (that's the opposite of constant) or maybe it was meant that the masses, us poor working stiffs, should reign in our contact with the legislator (you know the people who are supposed to be working for us) and leave the regular contact to you professionals (who rely on our donations)

my point is if a legislator says he has heard you (esp if he has proven untrustworthy in the past) it probably means he is annoyed by the people calling in to express their opinion, it does NOT mean they they have changed their ways or opinions

Maybe the problem was not made clear. It has nothing to do with voting but with proposed changes to the bill. Word is that is not going to happen. Why? Because "the masses, us poor working stiffs" were heard. I don't care if we have changed their opinions only their actions. That is why our Remember In November project is more accurate than other voter guides. They get what they earn. If Stam wants to keep his GRNC 4 star rating he has to earn it, again. Yesterday is history.

As far as us being professionals, with the exception of a couple retirees, we are all working stiffs that use vacation time to lobby at the General Assembly. We don't do anything that you cant do.

rotorhead

Maybe the problem was not made clear. It has nothing to do with voting but with proposed changes to the bill. Word is that is not going to happen. Why? Because "the masses, us poor working stiffs" were heard. I don't care if we have changed their opinions only their actions. That is why our Remember In November project is more accurate than other voter guides. They get what they earn. If Stam wants to keep his GRNC 4 star rating he has to earn it, again. Yesterday is history.

As far as us being professionals, with the exception of a couple retirees, we are all working stiffs that use vacation time to lobby at the General Assembly. We don't do anything that you cant do.

Your time and attention to detail is much appreciated by me.

edrolee

i understand and appreciate what GRNC does, however with that said i don't understand why anyone would ask us to stop calling in to support the bill in it's needed form until is passed in to law?

cricketdad

i understand and appreciate what GRNC does, however with that said i don't understand why anyone would ask us to stop calling in to support the bill in it's needed form until is passed in to law?

Calling in support of the bill is fine. What we asked was for people to call in and stop Stam from weakening the bill by adding amendments. That was accomplished. No need to keep harassing him. Calling in to support the bill as it stands is another issue. Keep doing that.