March KC Meet, role call!

Western Sizzlin Steak House
    12300 Blue Ridge Ext
    Grandview, MO 64030
    816-763-6788

Saturday, March 12 @ 4:00pm
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

I'm there

Not 100% sure if I can come yet. Just started a new job so my schedule isn't set in stone and I'd hate to already ask for a day off lol.

I'm There.
    Luke 22:36 :...if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

im there

i will most likely be fishing or bowling. sorry.

Ok I’m just going to throw this out there………. We all know that our meet and greets have been gaining support every time we have one with new people attending as they learn of the get together. This is good…. and the restaurants that we have been to have accepted us with no problems. However there may come a time when we may be turned away. I think that we should have a plan “B” in place prior to our meet so that if this should happen we all know where we are going so that we do not stand around out side trying to decide what to do or where to go. Also allows people who arrive late and learned that we been turned away to know where we are.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by J XD; 03-01-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Yep

That's a good idea and also some of us don't hear well so sitting at one end of the table we can't hear whats being said at the other end. I don't really know how to correct that but I know I miss alot.
    Just my .02

America!!!
    An individual should not choose the caliber, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong

Is it just me or do these meets seem to keep taking place in the far southern parts of KC?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Is it just me or do these meets seem to keep taking place in the far southern parts of KC?
    We will be goin farther north in April

Quote Originally Posted by J XD View Post
    Ok I’m just going to throw this out there………. We all know that our meet and greets have been gaining support every time we have one with new people attending as they learn of the get together. This is good…. and the restaurants that we have been to have accepted us with no problems. However there may come a time when we may be turned away. I think that we should have a plan “B” in place prior to our meet so that if this should happen we all know where we are going so that we do not stand around out side trying to decide what to do or where to go. Also allows people who arrive late and learned that we been turned away to know where we are.

Just a thought.
    So True so J XD select a secondary location for us sir
    Last edited by mobodyguard; 03-02-2011 at 05:49 AM.

Its not that far in southern kc its only about an hour drive.that's not a bad drive for someone who really cares about our rights

Well. lets seeI think that Id pick a place that weve already been to, only because we did not have any problems there. So which one did you all like? Im easy. Plan B never has to change it can remain as our fall back location.

or how about since there may be breakdowns in communication, we simply institute that the fall-back be the location of the previous month's meet?
    An individual should not choose the caliber, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong

Lol, plan b should be nearest starbucks. Always a nice rally point.

In all seriousness though, I've considered calling ahead to the locations we wish to eat or meet at. I can reserve tables, or an area for a large group long in advance without letting them know we are an OC or 2A group. This will avoid the manager or booking individual from preempting our arrival with a "no!" and since we have a large party reservation we can ensure we have tables and a place to sit together and management will be less likely to ask a reserved large party, representing a local organization to leave on the grounds of political contention.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Alright, I just got off the phone with the manager of the next meet venue. I have a table reserved for roughly 16 people @ 4:00. The reservation is under Missouri Open Carry. This way, they have reserved these tables for us, they are expecting us as a group and more specifically and organization. They are unaware of what we do, but at least now there will be social pressure and obligation to allow us in, and loss of revenue from about 4 tables if we are turned away.

Also, as I said, this means we get our own little area.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Quote Originally Posted by ChiangShih View Post
    Lol, plan b should be nearest starbucks. Always a nice rally point.
    Only downside to a starbucks is that if your expecting dinner, starbucks might disapoint you in the actual dinner foods department.While it is nice that starbucks are everywhere.

Mabye a mcdonalds would be better. That way you can still get a coffee, and also get food if your not a huge coffee drinker or your really hungry(which is normally me:P). Mcdonalds would also probably be as readily avaible as a starbucks.

and another upside to your idea of always using a starbucks or whatever place, over the idea of using last month. For instance, if the previous month you go to someplace on the south side of KC, then this month your on the far north side. I not from KC, so i not sure how long it takes to get from one of the northern cities to the southrn ones, but i could see it be substancial, especially if its rush hour. Would you really want to drive all the way over there if you know of a place that would work that is closer. And one other bad thing of the last meet is, for those that havent been to the last meet, they might not even know where that is.
    Last edited by goalseter88; 03-02-2011 at 08:55 PM.

I will be there with the Mrs.,I will bring my glasses to video the event and post it here.
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

There is a post on the MSSA Missouri carry site inviting MSSA members to the monthly get together. It would be nice if some would come

OK, got my schedule for this week, and I got the 12th off, so my wife and I will be there!

Quote Originally Posted by J XD View Post
    There is a post on the MSSA Missouri carry site inviting MSSA members to the monthly get together. It would be nice if some would come
    yah i think most of the people on the MSSA site that are active are mostly on the st. louis side of MO.

Smile

New guy here, from MissouriCarry site, and saw the invite. I'm going to try to make it as well, though I can't guarantee it (as my work schedule frequently changes with very little notice). Gonna try though, hope to see everyone there!

Quote Originally Posted by capt512 View Post
    New guy here, from MissouriCarry site, and saw the invite. I'm going to try to make it as well, though I can't guarantee it (as my work schedule frequently changes with very little notice). Gonna try though, hope to see everyone there!
    Welcome to OCDO and hope to see you at the meet!
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast