• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

March KC Meet, role call!

ChiangShih

Western Sizzlin Steak House
12300 Blue Ridge Ext
Grandview, MO 64030
816-763-6788

Saturday, March 12 @ 4:00pm

chakragod

Not 100% sure if I can come yet. Just started a new job so my schedule isn't set in stone and I'd hate to already ask for a day off lol.

John563

Ok I’m just going to throw this out there………. We all know that our meet and greets have been gaining support every time we have one with new people attending as they learn of the get together. This is good…. and the restaurants that we have been to have accepted us with no problems. However there may come a time when we may be turned away. I think that we should have a plan “B” in place prior to our meet so that if this should happen we all know where we are going so that we do not stand around out side trying to decide what to do or where to go. Also allows people who arrive late and learned that we been turned away to know where we are.

Just a thought.

Last edited:

Jim40Cal

That's a good idea and also some of us don't hear well so sitting at one end of the table we can't hear whats being said at the other end. I don't really know how to correct that but I know I miss alot.
Just my .02

mobodyguard

Ok I’m just going to throw this out there………. We all know that our meet and greets have been gaining support every time we have one with new people attending as they learn of the get together. This is good…. and the restaurants that we have been to have accepted us with no problems. However there may come a time when we may be turned away. I think that we should have a plan “B” in place prior to our meet so that if this should happen we all know where we are going so that we do not stand around out side trying to decide what to do or where to go. Also allows people who arrive late and learned that we been turned away to know where we are.

Just a thought.

So True so J XD select a secondary location for us sir

Last edited:

John563

Well…. let’s see………I think that I’d pick a place that we’ve already been to, only because we did not have any problems there. So which one did you all like? I’m easy. Plan “B” never has to change it can remain as our fall back location.

afcarry

or how about since there may be breakdowns in communication, we simply institute that the fall-back be the location of the previous month's meet?

ChiangShih

Lol, plan b should be nearest starbucks. Always a nice rally point.

In all seriousness though, I've considered calling ahead to the locations we wish to eat or meet at. I can reserve tables, or an area for a large group long in advance without letting them know we are an OC or 2A group. This will avoid the manager or booking individual from preempting our arrival with a "no!" and since we have a large party reservation we can ensure we have tables and a place to sit together and management will be less likely to ask a reserved large party, representing a local organization to leave on the grounds of political contention.

ChiangShih

Alright, I just got off the phone with the manager of the next meet venue. I have a table reserved for roughly 16 people @ 4:00. The reservation is under Missouri Open Carry. This way, they have reserved these tables for us, they are expecting us as a group and more specifically and organization. They are unaware of what we do, but at least now there will be social pressure and obligation to allow us in, and loss of revenue from about 4 tables if we are turned away.

Also, as I said, this means we get our own little area.

goalseter88

Lol, plan b should be nearest starbucks. Always a nice rally point.

Only downside to a starbucks is that if your expecting dinner, starbucks might disapoint you in the actual dinner foods department.While it is nice that starbucks are everywhere.

Mabye a mcdonalds would be better. That way you can still get a coffee, and also get food if your not a huge coffee drinker or your really hungry(which is normally me:p). Mcdonalds would also probably be as readily avaible as a starbucks.

and another upside to your idea of always using a starbucks or whatever place, over the idea of using last month. For instance, if the previous month you go to someplace on the south side of KC, then this month your on the far north side. I not from KC, so i not sure how long it takes to get from one of the northern cities to the southrn ones, but i could see it be substancial, especially if its rush hour. Would you really want to drive all the way over there if you know of a place that would work that is closer. And one other bad thing of the last meet is, for those that havent been to the last meet, they might not even know where that is.

Last edited: