• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why is it our kids keep teaching us what our country is all about?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Blind Links

I'm not a Facebook member, and do not care to sign up or log in, as required by the OP's link.

It helps if forum members give a clue about where the link takes you or whether a log-in is required at the other end.

UglyGun

I'm not a Facebook member, and do not care to sign up or log in, as required by the OP's link.

It helps if forum members give a clue about where the link takes you or whether a log-in is required at the other end.

Here you go:
The Star Spangled Banner like you've never heard it! This was at Texas Tech University Basketball game . . . .The National Anthem is sung by five young ladies. You have never heard it performed better than this! An entire arena remains completely silent throughout the song. You could hear a pin drop. Take a moment to listen to this...you will not regret it. The two young girls on the right are six years old. The two in the middle are seven and the one on the left is eight. Wow! The girls in this video are known as The Cactus Cuties!

[video=youtube;QKCVS57j284]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKCVS57j284[/video]

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Better yet give a link direct to the source material with a fair use excerpt - cut Facebook and the like out of the loop completely.

eye95

And they would have probably done the Superbowl for free, unlike Christina Aguilara, who effed it up from start to finish for a paycheck!

Yeah, but the folks who think it is their responsibility to set our culture think that we would rather be "entertained" during the national anthem than be moved.

Um...no.

MKEgal

::sniffle::
They're cute, they're good.
I wish I sang half that well & had a quarter of their moxie / self-esteem.

But I still think that the National Anthem is not (or at least, should not be) a performance; it's a singalong by everyone attending the event, a reaffirmation of united purpose. The range of the song is outside the range of most people - that's why we need a group to sing it.

Sort of a mini melting pot, those beautiful voices (soprano) with the gruff/hoarse veteran (bass) with the gal who sings in church choir (alto) with the guy who only sings in the shower (tenor) 'cause he really can't carry a tune. And it comes out just like America - lumpy in places, maybe a little rough, but good.

oldbanger

[video=youtube;94JQS6itgYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94JQS6itgYI[/video]
6 year old Heather Martin sings God Bless America

god_bless_america.jpg