• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GRNC Alert 2-27-11: No Amendments to SB 34: 'Castle Doctrine'

senojkj

Grass Roots North Carolina, P.O. Box 10665, Raleigh, NC 27605
919-664-8565, www.grnc.org, GRNC Alert Hotline: (919) 562-4137

GRNC Alert 2-27-11:
No Amendments to SB 34: 'Castle Doctrine'

Word is echoing through the hallowed halls in Raleigh that plans are afoot for amendments to SB 34 on Third Reading tomorrow. Now is the time to remind all Senators (with extra special emphasis on your own Senator) that you will not tolerate any moves to weaken SB 34. You have worked too hard and come too far to let a strong Castle Doctrine slip through your fingers now.
IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

Use GRNC automated e-mail to send a message to the entire NC Senate: http://grnc.org/alerts/email2_27_11.htm
Dear Senator:
SB 34, Castle Doctrine, is too important to the well being of North Carolinians to allow it to be weakened through weakening amendments. Use all the power at your disposal to prevent this from happening. A vote for any amendment that will weaken SB 34 will be counted as an anti-gun vote.
I will be tracking the progress of this and your actions through Grass Roots North Carolina legislative alerts.
Respectfully,
A Concerned North Carolina Voter
----------------------

You may find your NC STATE representative by going here:
http://www.grnc.org/contact_reps.htm

You may write your FEDERAL congressman by going here:
http://www.house.gov/writerep/

You may write your FEDERAL senators by going here:
http://www.senate.gov/

-------------------
Support these PRO RKBA merchants who, as GRNC sponsors, are supporting your Second Amendment rights:

Hyatt Gun Shop, 3332 Wilkinson Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28208, 704-394-0387, www.hyattguns.com
C & E Gun Shows, 4225 Fortress Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24060; Phone 540-953-0016 or 888-715-0606; http://www.cegunshows.com/
Ryan & Nina Leonard, Down South Ammo, Home of "SOUTHERN THUNDER" Exploding Targets, http://downsouthammo.com/
Duncan Gun & Pawn, 414 Second St., North Wilkesboro, NC 28659, 336-667-6303, www.duncangun.com
Shooter's Express, 2 Caldwell Dr., Belmont, NC 28012, 800-358-GUNS, www.shootersexpress.com
The Aisle Pawn Shop, 216 N. Main St., Mooresville, NC 28115, 704-663-5656
Gunner's Alley, LLC, 203 N. Harrison Ave., Ste. 130, Cary, NC 27513, www.gunnersalley.com, 919-388-1991, contact: Ed Guerriero, ed@gunnersalley.com
Lake Norman Firearms, Inc., 20823 N. Main Street, Cornelius, NC 28031, www.lknfirearms.com, 704-892-7839
Vanguard Security Consulting, LLC, 19135 W. Catawba Ave, Cornelius, NC 28031
DoubleD Media, 8300 Raintree Lane, Charlotte, NC 28277, ph: 704-650-5555, fx: 704-544-0326, donna@doubledme.com

rotorhead

Didn't get to eat much did you?

It was over before I could find the video.

lol yeah, it was tricky finding it on WRAL.com but I got it just as they were finishing the prayer. It took maybe ten mins after that before it's reading. It had a couple Senators hop up before the vote to state their ridiculous arguments against it, but it passed soon after.

My favorite argument against it was from the one guy who feared that we would be "deputizing every driver on the highways" lol. In his mind he pictured every driver in the state suddenly armed and shooting at will if this Bill passed. Outstanding. I bet his constituents are proud of him...

At least no one tried to cram amendments into it.

cricketdad

lol yeah, it was tricky finding it on WRAL.com but I got it just as they were finishing the prayer. It took maybe ten mins after that before it's reading. It had a couple Senators hop up before the vote to state their ridiculous arguments against it, but it passed soon after.

My favorite argument against it was from the one guy who feared that we would be "deputizing every driver on the highways" lol. In his mind he pictured every driver in the state suddenly armed and shooting at will if this Bill passed. Outstanding. I bet his constituents are proud of him...

At least no one tried to cram amendments into it.

I had the Senate audio going while I was trying to find the video so I did get to hear it.

There were no amendments because every member of the Senate was bombarded with emails and phone calls today. You may not have notice, the second reading vote was 33-17. Tonight vote was 35-13. At least two Senators changed their vote.

Some will change their vote on the third reading when they know it will pass with a majority just to get a recorded pro gun vote.

Last edited:

sultan62

I missed it - couldn't get the audio to work.

Doesn't sound like I missed much though--it passed, that's what's important.

Resto Guy

There were no amendments because every member of the Senate was bombarded with emails and phone calls today.......

WOW! And to think, I was a small part of that. It's nice to feel that you have been heard.
Thanks for providing those links.

cricketdad

WOW! And to think, I was a small part of that. It's nice to feel that you have been heard.
Thanks for providing those links.

Several year ago my wife was making calls to some politicians office ans was told they couldn't get anything done because of answering the phone. My wife responded, vote right and the calls will stop.

So give yourself a pat on the back and get ready for the next battle. After 12 years of doing this, I'm still having fun.

sultan62

Several year ago my wife was making calls to some politicians office ans was told they couldn't get anything done because of answering the phone. My wife responded, vote right and the calls will stop.

So give yourself a pat on the back and get ready for the next battle. After 12 years of doing this, I'm still having fun.

Yes, I'm sure the politician actually doing the voting was answering calls...

Also, good response from your wife.

cricketdad

This is over in the House as HB52 right now, at Judiciary Subcommittee B. I sent them all an email tonight to support it, and no amendments.

HB 54 is the weak castle doctrine bill, forget it and push for HB 74

Even though GA web site shows HB 54 and SB 34 tied together, HB 54 is what SB34 used to be before the PCS

Last edited: