• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Parking lot carry @ city hall, police station?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I hear you go to JAIL in Mexico for a single piece of spent brass in your car. I wouldn't want to find out if that's an Urban Legend or real life...

Do not bring any ammunition or even one empty cartridge into Mexico. ...... Federal prison sentences are handed out quickly, with zero tolerance, with no possibility of release on bail or bond, and with very little legal recourse to the accused for the breaking of this Mexican anti-weapons law.

Note also the
U.S. Department of State official Warning

http://mexicanmissions.com/mexico/travel/warning.htm

MSC 45ACP

If i were to drive to Mexico, I'd have to rent a car. I think every car I've ever owned has empty brass under the seats and everywhere else your fingers can't reach. Sorry, I've gone way off topic here...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If i were to drive to Mexico, I'd have to rent a car. I think every car I've ever owned has empty brass under the seats and everywhere else your fingers can't reach. Sorry, I've gone way off topic here...

To bring it back with relevance - don't carry in a Mexican police station, but OK to legally do so in Virginia.

waapl01

guns in police station

So is it legal to carry in a police station?

I am sceptical on that.

In VA Bch u can carry in the police station, unless it has recently changed. there is a sign outside that says they prefer u would'nt and to lock it in ur car. If ur on a motorcycle and can't for example. Just check in at the front desk and let them know ur carrying. In the courthouse, no no, not even cell phones.

MSC 45ACP

We aren't charged by the letter here. Feel free to use words like 'you', 'you're' and 'your'. You may even impress someone if you could spell the whole name of your city.

grylnsmn

We aren't charged by the letter here. Feel free to use words like 'you', 'you're' and 'your'. You may even impress someone if you could spell the whole name of your city.

Only if he also uses proper capitalization and punctuation, too. We do have standards, after all.

wylde007

In VA Bch u can carry in the police station, unless it has recently changed.
They can't change it. Preempted.
there is a sign outside that says they prefer u would'nt and to lock it in ur car. If ur on a motorcycle and can't for example. Just check in at the front desk and let them know ur carrying. In the courthouse, no no, not even cell phones.
You are not even required to do that. It is a "request". I have correspondence qualifying the statement.

And please, do spell things out. I would rather have a discussion with an adult, not a tweener texting on a cell phone.

Last edited: