Thread: Always wear your eye protection (PIC)

Always wear your eye protection (PIC)

Sgt.Dale, a Marine in my platoon, shows his Oakley ballistic M-Frames that saved his eye when an IED, detonated nearby, sent a small piece of shrapnel into his glasses and down his cheek. He is left with a 1 inch deep cut on his face but is otherwise uninjured. All other Marines in the patrol were unscathed.....Morale of the story? Always wear your eye pro!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dale1.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	5328  

Purple Heart...

That's an easy Purple Heart... and a good lesson to pass on.

He qualifies... for sure. "Easy" in the sense it didn't cost him more.

Thanks for the lesson and more importantly... for your service!
    Young Kim, NRA Endowment Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (pistol)
    NRA Range Safety Officer

www.shootonthemove.org

"Shoot Safetly, Shoot Often and Share Your Sport!"
    Jim Scoutten, Shooting USA

For most of us who will never see a combat zone (or again for some) that eye protection is just as important.

Most of us will wear it when shooting but what about the rest of the time.

I can remember just walking on a city street, an arterial where the speed limit was 45 mph, and got smacked in the face with a piece of gravel.

It can happen anywhere so definitely, wear the eye protection, even when you don't think there's any risk.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    It can happen anywhere so definitely, wear the eye protection, even when you don't think there's any risk.
    Are you saying that you wear protective eye glasses while walking down the sidewalk anywhere? Or do you already have glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife725 View Post
    Are you saying that you wear protective eye glasses while walking down the sidewalk anywhere? Or do you already have glasses?
    I usually wear Contacts. I then wear a pair of eyeglasses have no correction I had specially made. Are safety lenses but look like everyday eyeglasses. If bright I wear a pair of Oakley's.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Cool Tool. Wish my troops had them years ago. Almost any kind of training, let alone Combat will give you FOD to the eyes. Very vulnurable part of the body and it needs protection. Glad it saved your Eye mate.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Thank God he's okay. I know it's your and his job to go in harms way, but I wish all of my military brethren the best and my fondest wish and fervent prayer is for all to come home safely.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Quote Originally Posted by oldkim View Post
    That's an easy Purple Heart... and a good lesson to pass on.

He qualifies... for sure. "Easy" in the sense it didn't cost him more.

Thanks for the lesson and more importantly... for your service!
    No, easy would be Maj. Frank Burns and his "shell fragment" injury of the egg kind at the 4077th

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfebane View Post
    No, easy would be Maj. Frank Burns and his "shell fragment" injury of the egg kind at the 4077th
    What's sad is that I had to serve with a couple of "Frank Burn's" in the 60's. Weren't majors, but a Captain and a CWO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfebane View Post
    Now how many here are old enough to remember that? Sadly I am but just barely.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Quote Originally Posted by joeroket View Post
    Reruns every weeknight at 7PM on KVOS channel 12 (Bellingham).

Quote Originally Posted by joeroket View Post
    I may only be 22 years of age, but I grew up on M*A*S*H, watching it with my grandfather. I have seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, and plan on obtaining more. I love that show!

Back to the topic at hand...

That guy is a trooper for smiling for the camera with sutures in his face. Purple heart material for absolute sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.