• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry DINNER in Loudoun County (Sterling, VA) BWF - 3/7/11 @ 7PM

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
OCLILC - Open Carry DINNER in Loudoun County (Sterling, VA)
Monday, March 7, 2011 @ 7PM
Buffalo Wing Factory - Sterling
22034 Shaw Rd
Sterling, VA 20164 US

Details and RSVP link:
http://ed.cx/dinner
bwfmap.jpg

TravisM

Hello everyone!

Yes, I am new to the forums... but that is only when it comes to posting. I have been lurking here for about a year now and implemented OC as part of my daily life.

I used to live in WI, so I was "forced" to OC (no CC yet for WI folks). Now I have moved to VA (3 weeks ago) and am working on getting my CC permit, but still regularly OC.

Now for the reason for "coming out of hiding." I would love to attend the open carry dinner and meet some people from this area but my wife will have our car that night.

I was curious if someone would be willing to take a detour and pick me up. I live 6 miles south of the Buffalo Wing factory right by the Dulles Airport.

I could take a cab or something but I figured I would ask here first.

Travis

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hello everyone!

Yes, I am new to the forums... but that is only when it comes to posting. I have been lurking here for about a year now and implemented OC as part of my daily life.

I used to live in WI, so I was "forced" to OC (no CC yet for WI folks). Now I have moved to VA (3 weeks ago) and am working on getting my CC permit, but still regularly OC.

Now for the reason for "coming out of hiding." I would love to attend the open carry dinner and meet some people from this area but my wife will have our car that night.

I was curious if someone would be willing to take a detour and pick me up. I live 6 miles south of the Buffalo Wing factory right by the Dulles Airport.

I could take a cab or something but I figured I would ask here first.

Travis

Welcome Travis both as to your posting debut and to the level of freedom we enjoy in Va.

Our lifeblood is in new members to the group so I expect you'll hear from somebody in time to help you - hope so. :D

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
Goona have to pass on this one, the wife gets back from two weeks outa town at about 5PM, and she's not going to be up for going out...

Have a good dinner, and maybe next time.

Roscoe

Jonton

from arfcom posted around 10:30pm last night:

03/07/11
2228 – 2231 hrs
22000 Shaw Rd.
Sterling
Robbery: Two unknown subjects attacked victim with a baseball bat. One subject then produced a handgun and robbed victim. Money was taken. Victim had no injuries.

If it was an hour earlier, the outcome would have been very different.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
03/07/11
2228 – 2231 hrs
22000 Shaw Rd.
Sterling
Robbery: Two unknown subjects attacked victim with a baseball bat. One subject then produced a handgun and robbed victim. Money was taken. Victim had no injuries.

If it was an hour earlier, the outcome would have been very different.
Ok.. I just found out the scoop..

I am "guessing" the last one of "us" left BWF around 9:45PM. 100 feet from the front door of BWF is Papa Johns Pizza. A delivery driver walked out of Papa Johns and saw two men in the parking lot with masks on coming toward him. He turned and ran towards BWF door, the other guy in Papa Johns locked the door (and called 911?).. Just as the BG with the bad swung at the victim, the victim fell and the bat hit his foot... the victim reached in his pocket and threw his cash at the BG's (one with the bat, the other with a gun). The BG's picked up the cash and ran. Victim was not injured.