Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 171

Thread: Open carry dinner at lizzy's green cafe friday the 4th at 7:00 p.m.!

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643

    Thumbs up Open carry dinner at lizzy's green cafe friday the 4th at 7:00 p.m.!

    OK folks, it is time to meet and eat at Lizzy's Green Cafe! Remember it is all you can eat fried fish but they also have chicken sandwiches, fish sandwiches, several salads, chowder, chile, grilled Salmon, Talapia and I think a few more items. The "Usual Suspects" had breakfast there yesterday and spoke with Adam about coming for this Friday's Fish Fry. He asked if we could come at 7:00 or a little later if we thought we would have a large crowd (HOPE SO!) so he would have several tables available for us. So please arrive at 7 or later if you can make it!

    Remember that Adam and Lizzy SUPPORT OPEN CARRY!

    3731 S Beaumont Ave
    Kansasville, WI 53139

    Phone: (262) 878-6162

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    This one I should be able to make!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643

    Thumbs up It will be good to see you again Joe!

    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    This one I should be able to make!

    Looking forward to seeing you at the dinner. There should be a good group of us...I hope!

  4. #4
    McX
    Guest
    ya mo b there, up and over.

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing you at the dinner. There should be a good group of us...I hope!
    I do have to work a little more that evening, so like I said, I should be able to make this one.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  6. #6
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    Another one I have to skip. Crappy thing is the only job I have a shot at now will be 2nd shift.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643

    Red face It's Better To Have A Job!

    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Another one I have to skip. Crappy thing is the only job I have a shot at now will be 2nd shift.
    We will think of you Rob! Some of us are still looking for a job so we know how important it is to get to job interviews!

  8. #8
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    We will think of you Rob! Some of us are still looking for a job so we know how important it is to get to job interviews!
    Thanks!
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    bump
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  10. #10
    Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Kenosha County, Wisconsin
    Posts
    338
    Deb & I will be there tonight - glad to see those who can be there, sorry for those who can't make it. Good luck Oak, hang in there!
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    542
    Don't think I'm going to make it. I'm still going to try but I don't think it's gonna happen. If I don't make it I'll see you guys sunday or at the next fish fry!

    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Regular Member LR Yote 312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    God's Country, Wi
    Posts
    458
    I am gonna try and make it.

    LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.


    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

  13. #13
    Regular Member LR Yote 312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    God's Country, Wi
    Posts
    458
    Think the count was 16 of us making it !!!

    Outdoorsman, it was a pleasure meeting ya.

    Always good to talk with : Have Gun,Rack,McX,Springfield1911,Handy and Oldtimer and the rest of the usual suspects/culprits.

    I saw some pamphlets and info for WCI being passed out so we may see a few more.

    I know when I first walked in I noticed a gals' eyes directed to my 1911....and remained focused there for more than a few moments....I was too busy to pay her mind,Had to say "Hi" to some I felt were more important than her curiosity.(?)

    Kinda bummed we didnt have a WCI Officer there.
    I had wanted to renew my WCI membership and hoped I could have done it then and there.
    Forgive me but I prefer cash and face to face transactions,
    Funny that way....but thats how I deal.

    Not sure yet if I can make Delevan or not yet.

    Last time I did Delevan I smoked a diff.

    LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.


    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

  14. #14
    McX
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LR Yote 312 View Post
    Think the count was 16 of us making it !!!

    Outdoorsman, it was a pleasure meeting ya.

    Always good to talk with : Have Gun,Rack,McX,Springfield1911,Handy and Oldtimer and the rest of the usual suspects/culprits.

    I saw some pamphlets and info for WCI being passed out so we may see a few more.

    I know when I first walked in I noticed a gals' eyes directed to my 1911....and remained focused there for more than a few moments....I was too busy to pay her mind,Had to say "Hi" to some I felt were more important than her curiosity.(?)

    Kinda bummed we didnt have a WCI Officer there.
    I had wanted to renew my WCI membership and hoped I could have done it then and there.
    Forgive me but I prefer cash and face to face transactions,
    Funny that way....but thats how I deal.

    Not sure yet if I can make Delevan or not yet.

    Last time I did Delevan I smoked a diff.

    LR Yote
    LR it was good to see you there! asit was to see everyone. also nice to see new carriers as well. the food was outstanding as always, and the company even better. however i was alarmed to see many members sporting a button variant of friends dont let friends drive drunk; friends dont let McX grip on their 1911.
    also LR you need to quit smokin the funny stuff!

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643

    Thumbs up It Was A Good Time!

    There were 16 of us last night taking up a good section of the diner! Let's keep the dinners going and for those that can make it we also have breakfast at Lizzy's on the Sunday following the Friday night we DON'T have dinner. In other words on the 13th of March we meet for breakfast, usually around 10:30 or so.

    Good to see everyone last night! Remember, keep your 1911's safe when McX is close by! I think he had superglue on both hands last night!

  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Sorry I couldn't make it. Got out of work at 9:30. I'll hopefully make the next one.

    Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    Good to see everyone last night! Remember, keep your 1911's safe when McX is close by! I think he had superglue on both hands last night!
    Give him a fork and a glass. That way he can't grab anything else.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  17. #17
    Regular Member LR Yote 312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    God's Country, Wi
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    also LR you need to quit smokin the funny stuff!
    Just trying to feed my addiction to 80/90w gear oil....


    Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    I think he had superglue on both hands last night!
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Give him a fork and a glass. That way he can't grab anything else.
    Not quite 100% sure on what I saw then....but it possibly makes sense now.

    There was a point I slipped out for a smoke,and thought I saw a shadow over by the vehicles.I heard the wrinkle of a paper bag,followed by the "Pssst,Pssst" of a spray can....and an evil laugh.

    Once back inside I didnt see anyone with a tell tale huffer face.....but I did notice
    McX had a great deal of difficulty putting down the fork and Pepsi can.

    He just might be treating his hands with a spray on rubber contact cement...

    LR Yote
    Last edited by LR Yote 312; 03-05-2011 at 01:38 PM.
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.


    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by LR Yote 312 View Post
    Just trying to feed my addiction to 80/90w gear oil....





    Not quite 100% sure on what I saw then....but it possibly makes sense now.

    There was a point I slipped out for a smoke,and thought I saw a shadow over by the vehicles.I heard the wrinkle of a paper bag,followed by the "Pssst,Pssst" of a spray can....and an evil laugh.

    Once back inside I didnt see anyone with a tell tale huffer face.....but I did notice
    McX had a great deal of difficulty putting down the fork and Pepsi can.

    He just might be treating his hands with a spray on rubber contact cement...

    LR Yote
    LOL! All I can say is it is a good thing I don't carry a 1911 around McX! Remember when we go to his shop to be on the lookout (BOLO) for superglue tubes. If you see one and you have a 1911....watch McX closely!

  19. #19
    Regular Member LR Yote 312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    God's Country, Wi
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    LOL! All I can say is it is a good thing I don't carry a 1911 around McX! Remember when we go to his shop to be on the lookout (BOLO) for superglue tubes. If you see one and you have a 1911....watch McX closely!
    Pssst,I will let you guys in on a secret.

    There is a magic word that will allow you to recover your 1911 in the event
    you need too.
    It works a charm !!! But ya gotta be quick as its effects are temporary.
    You will have approx 5-7 secs.

    Just say "Underfolder" in a sharp clear voice.

    LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.


    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

  20. #20
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,779
    Lizzy's is fun. The problem is that there is never enough time to talk to everyone.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  21. #21
    Regular Member Outdoorsman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Silver Lake WI
    Posts
    1,249
    I was real happy I could make it and I plan in being in Delavan (lokking forward to it more now than I was before). Thanks to all who introuduced themselves and made me feel welcome. I had a good time as it was nice to meet all of you. Although I have owned various weapons for years and very intereted in OC for a long time, this event was my first ever OC in public. I figured that what better place to start then an OC get together. It went very well, I felt very relaxed for being in public for the first time with my weapon. I had a few questions, learned a few things, and got all my questions answered. The food and service was excellent.

    Thanks again...

    Outdoorsman1

  22. #22
    Regular Member oldschool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    delavan, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    118
    As always it was a great time at Lizzys aka the Opencarry cafe. Good food good friends good conversation and never enough time.

    It was good meeting you Outdoorsman1 see you in delavan



    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    I was real happy I could make it and I plan in being in Delavan (lokking forward to it more now than I was before). Thanks to all who introuduced themselves and made me feel welcome. I had a good time as it was nice to meet all of you. Although I have owned various weapons for years and very intereted in OC for a long time, this event was my first ever OC in public. I figured that what better place to start then an OC get together. It went very well, I felt very relaxed for being in public for the first time with my weapon. I had a few questions, learned a few things, and got all my questions answered. The food and service was excellent.

    It was nice meeting you Outdoorsman1 see you today in Delavan.

    Thanks again...

    Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by oldschool; 03-06-2011 at 10:32 AM.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    5
    Hey guys am I correct in thinking that we're attending the fish fry this week? Friday March 18th?

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenthaneX View Post
    Hey guys am I correct in thinking that we're attending the fish fry this week? Friday March 18th?

    rcawdor57 usually gets the gang together, I believe he's out of town for the moment but if the regulars are going I'm sure they will chime in soon. Fridays are always hit or miss for me so I can never commit ahead of time.

    Don't forget your always welcome at Lizzy's, firearm or not !

  25. #25
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643

    Thumbs up I Hope Everyone Goes To Lizzy's This Friday, The 18th!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in WI View Post
    rcawdor57 usually gets the gang together, I believe he's out of town for the moment but if the regulars are going I'm sure they will chime in soon. Fridays are always hit or miss for me so I can never commit ahead of time.

    Don't forget you are always welcome at Lizzy's, firearm or not !
    Thanks Jason! I am out of the area for a while and hope everyone continues to go to Lizzy's for dinner, breakfast, lunch, etc. I hope many of you can attend this Friday, the 18th for dinner at Lizzy's.

    Lizzy's is an amazing place to gather for food and fun with your friends and family and....you are WELCOME to Open Carry. I cannot think of another restaurant that has actually INVITED us to exercise our God given rights. I hope all of you continue to visit with Lizzy, Adam and their wonderful staff and show your gratitude and appreciation. Thanks everyone for thinking of Lizzy's! Keep the Tradition going!

    Phil

    Remember to keep McX away from your 1911's and just say "Underfolder" when he gets close!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •