Thread: Curio and Relic

Curio and Relic

I have been told time and time again that in the RI case of Mosby V Devine, the court ruled that having a Curio and Relic FFL from the BATF is enough "proper showing of need" to qualify for a RI CCW from the AG. Is this true? What have others learned?

No, Mosby said that being a gun collector is a proper reason under 11-47-11. After Heller and McDonald, it's pretty clear that self defense is a proper reason also. Being a gun collector is not automatically considered "proper showing of need" under 11-47-18. The Attorney General permit is still may-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    No, Mosby said that being a gun collector is a proper reason under 11-47-11. After Heller and McDonald, it's pretty clear that self defense is a proper reason also. Being a gun collector is not automatically considered "proper showing of need" under 11-47-18. The Attorney General permit is still may-issue.
    I got your PM. Thank you very much.

McX
    the Curio and Relic license appeals to me greatly. there are so many historic firearms that one could obtain, at a bargain, that are just as good as the modern firearms. it is an honor to own and hold a piece of history!

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    the Curio and Relic license appeals to me greatly. there are so many historic firearms that one could obtain, at a bargain, that are just as good as the modern firearms. it is an honor to own and hold a piece of history!
    I agree with you 100% Plus you can get "generally" any gun that is 50 years old are older...There are some nice S&W out there are are that old