• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Curio and Relic

Campo6245

I have been told time and time again that in the RI case of Mosby V Devine, the court ruled that having a Curio and Relic FFL from the BATF is enough "proper showing of need" to qualify for a RI CCW from the AG. Is this true? What have others learned?

Jared

No, Mosby said that being a gun collector is a proper reason under 11-47-11. After Heller and McDonald, it's pretty clear that self defense is a proper reason also. Being a gun collector is not automatically considered "proper showing of need" under 11-47-18. The Attorney General permit is still may-issue.

Campo6245

No, Mosby said that being a gun collector is a proper reason under 11-47-11. After Heller and McDonald, it's pretty clear that self defense is a proper reason also. Being a gun collector is not automatically considered "proper showing of need" under 11-47-18. The Attorney General permit is still may-issue.

I got your PM. Thank you very much.

M

McX

the Curio and Relic license appeals to me greatly. there are so many historic firearms that one could obtain, at a bargain, that are just as good as the modern firearms. it is an honor to own and hold a piece of history!

Campo6245

the Curio and Relic license appeals to me greatly. there are so many historic firearms that one could obtain, at a bargain, that are just as good as the modern firearms. it is an honor to own and hold a piece of history!

I agree with you 100% Plus you can get "generally" any gun that is 50 years old are older...There are some nice S&W out there are are that old :)