• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB1652 - Removing Technology centers from list of excluded CC places

hrdware

Previously a Career Technology Center/VoTech was completely off limits to CCers.

This bill will will allow people to leave their guns in their locked cars on Tech Center Campus. Basically treats them like Universities now.

Mirge

Previously a Career Technology Center/VoTech was completely off limits to CCers.

This bill will will allow people to leave their guns in their locked cars on Tech Center Campus. Basically treats them like Universities now.

Ahh ok, thanks!

jwcoopusa

Interesting footage...........

I just watched the video of the debate on this bill on the House floor. Rep. Enns did a fantastic job of debating the issue, concluding with a graphic demonstration of his own dilemma regarding self-protection. Enns is confined to a wheelchair, and fellow Representatives assisted him in moving from the wheelchair to the floor, where he continued his debate - showing how vulnerable he would be if he was not armed.

You've got to see it to appreciate it......... http://okhouse.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=197

-jwcusa-

jcizzle

I just watched the video of the debate on this bill on the House floor. Rep. Enns did a fantastic job of debating the issue, concluding with a graphic demonstration of his own dilemma regarding self-protection. Enns is confined to a wheelchair, and fellow Representatives assisted him in moving from the wheelchair to the floor, where he continued his debate - showing how vulnerable he would be if he was not armed.

You've got to see it to appreciate it......... http://okhouse.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=197

-jwcusa-

this is good stuff. BTW it starts at about the 2:47:35 mark

jwcoopusa

this is good stuff. BTW it starts at about the 2:47:35 mark

It IS good stuff, and I enjoyed the link on the dust-up over the discharge petition on another thread.

I have a question, though. Is anyone else having trouble getting the SENATE videos to work? For some reason, those vids don't show on my laptop.

-jwcusa-

hrdware

It IS good stuff, and I enjoyed the link on the dust-up over the discharge petition on another thread.

I have a question, though. Is anyone else having trouble getting the SENATE videos to work? For some reason, those vids don't show on my laptop.

-jwcusa-

Senate videos are only live, they are not saved for replay. At least not that I have found