Thread: 1st Encounter with LEO !

1st Encounter with LEO !

Whilst shopping at Econo Foods in Clintonville this afternoon I was approached by a uniformed officer with a BIG on his face. He said he got a call and was obligated to check it out.He asked for the usual ID and I gave him my Florida CCW ,he said he saw my truck around town with my Little Wolf Firearms sign on the side sand wanted my business card.
    All in all not a terrible experience,at least I found a polite cop with scruples,or he found me ! Said he had no problem with anyone carrying that uses common sence and knows the laws on where one can carry.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

Just an FYI, you are not required to give him ID or identify yourself.

But it is good to see him not harassing you for doing what is legal.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

good deal !
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Just an FYI, you are not required to give him ID or identify yourself.

But it is good to see him not harassing you for doing what is legal.
    I am well aware of that but here's the deal....
    I make a scene with a LEO in my closest grocery store, customers leave, a no guns allowed sign goes on the door,see where I'm going with this?

If the PO would have acted like an asshat I would not have been so nice but he treated me with respect and I did inform him that I had no legal obligation to ID myself and he agreed. But what you may see as harassment I see as a potential customer. Who knows one day I may need him and one day he may need me, why make enemies when you can make friends. besides it's good PR for OC when encounters go well !
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    I am well aware of that but here's the deal....
    I make a scene with a LEO in my closest grocery store, customers leave, a no guns allowed sign goes on the door,see where I'm going with this?

If the PO would have acted like an asshat I would not have been so nice but he treated me with respect and I did inform him that I had no legal obligation to ID myself and he agreed. But what you may see as harassment I see as a potential customer. Who knows one day I may need him and one day he may need me, why make enemies when you can make friends. besides it's good PR for OC when encounters go well !
    But the FL permit isn't a valid ID in WI. I see your point and have provided ID previously myself but at the least I would of asked if you were being required to ID or just as a courtesy. At least then you would know if the officer thinks he has RAS.

Word of mouth is the only thing small business owners have. Keep passing out those cards!

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

McX
    congrats, you did better than some of us did in Madison some time back.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    But the FL permit isn't a valid ID in WI. I see your point and have provided ID previously myself but at the least I would of asked if you were being required to ID or just as a courtesy. At least then you would know if the officer thinks he has RAS.
    You are correct, the Fl ccw card is not valid for cc in WI But it is a valid ID as is my military ID I provided with it as a courtesy as I stated in my OP .

The best part of the whole thing was when he said have a nice day,we shook hands and parted ways after yack'n and laughing for 15 or 20 minutes ,I bet it was eating the concerned citizen who called the PD I wish I could have seen their face !

Very well done.
    We all handle situations different and it sounds like this one was good.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    Very well done.
    We all handle situations different and it sounds like this one was good.
    Ditto: As it should be, Each situation is different.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Word of mouth is the only thing small business owners have. Keep passing out those cards!

+1

HooYah Little Wolf. Glad to see the PD's are starting to relax just a hair.

BTW, I still tell people that I shook the hand that G.S. Patton Shook. lol

I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    Whilst shopping at Econo Foods in Clintonville this afternoon I was approached by a uniformed officer with a BIG on his face. He said he got a call and was obligated to check it out.He asked for the usual ID and I gave him my Florida CCW ,he said he saw my truck around town with my Little Wolf Firearms sign on the side sand wanted my business card.
    All in all not a terrible experience,at least I found a polite cop with scruples,or he found me ! Said he had no problem with anyone carrying that uses common sence and knows the laws on where one can carry.
    I have not had my first encounter in person as of yet. However: I have had some telephone encounters with LEO I know, and have not been very happy with their attitude. If approached in a public place I have planned on showing my ID as not to cause a seen, for myself and the business, as long as the LEO was being fair about the situation.
    Way to go, I now know it can work.
    Thanks,
    Ted
    The way that you wander is the way that you choose,
    The day that you tarry, is the day that you lose!

McX
    i showed them my id, and cooperated in madison; i got a DC ticket, and a letter thanking me for cooperating. screw them!