Thread: Old Time Ad's

Old Time Ad's

I came across this....anybody got any other good ones? I just picked up a near version of the Colt .22 camp gun....

What a sweet little, straight shooting, target pistol....and 100 rounds is really cheap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Colt.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	5330  
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Not bad. $85 for a Colt Woodsman that could probably be sold in the realm of $500 or more today.

Wonder how many are left in "Grandpa's old stuff in the attic"?
    Last edited by amlevin; 02-28-2011 at 04:58 PM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Nothing new under the sun

....and here I thought the Taurus was a new take...and only $25.00
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101156_Marbles-24-Pic3.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	5331  
    Last edited by jt59; 02-28-2011 at 05:11 PM.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by jt59 View Post
    ....and here I thought the Taurus was a new take...and only $25.00
    Wonder how long the barrel is on that? Wonder if it's still legal with the folding/removable stock unless the barrel is at least 16"? Makes me think of the old "Buntline Special".

Sure illustrates that a "Dollar sure isn't what a dollar used to be".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Wonder how long the barrel is on that? Wonder if it's still legal with the folding/removable stock unless the barrel is at least 16"? Makes me think of the old "Buntline Special".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRtqUNEKXdg

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post

If I am correct, that is a Marbles Game Getter, and they require a tax stamp.