• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling through Mississippi w/Kansas Coneal & Carry

Lamboguy57

I'm a Kansas conceal & carry license holder and travel frequently through Alabama/Mississippi on my way to Florida which is a reciprocal state.
I noticed Alabama and Mississippi do not honor my Kansas CC license.
What are the rules if I'm traveling through and may only stop for gas/food?
Should I leave my pistol in the car? etc.

Thanks....

Q-Tip

In Mississippi you are allowed to carry inside a vehicle if you are over 18.

Traveling is also a defense to a CCW charge (MC Code 97-37-9-(b))

EDIT: Code corrected. Thanks Deputy Sheriff.

Last edited:

Lamboguy57

Traveling through Mississippi w/Kansas Conceal & Carry

Thanks all, I was hoping not to have to lock my firearm and ammunition in a seperate compartment for the short trip through Alabama on my way to Florida, as I don't have a trunk in my SUV.