• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Issue at Bill Ellis BBQ Wilson

M

mattwestm

Works for me. Can you ask Dreamer if he wants to go? A few more OCers would be nice. I'll drive everyone on this trip.

Northerner

Be careful. At an OCDO meet up at Parkers last Fall, we had not 1, not 2, but 3 gun toting OCer groups totally miss each other sitting in 3 different locations. You may want to use a table tent to identify you so one is not walking around, with a sidearm, looking at the hips of those sitting down.

JC_Biggs

ill be there at noon then! i got a buddy thats coming with me.. i asked him if he had a piston and he said yes, and i said do you wanna go to a open carry meet.. and he said...

"i cant carry im only 18" :banghead::banghead::banghead:

if you didnt get that
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

so i informed him of his rights, and hes gonna try to make it with me

elixin77

Yeah it usually is not too hard to spot an OCDO group.

yeah.. Northerner hit this one. At an event I was putting together, we ended up having 3 separate groups (someone came the week after, thats why we had 3).

matt, I'll talk with dreamer, see if he wants to go. he hasn't been able to log into OCDO lately because of school.

M

mattwestm

I think I am going to also post this one on the OC meetup.com site.

EDIT: OK, it's posted on meetup.com

Last edited:

elixin77

i saw on antother thread they got the SCCC going on campus (it was posted yesterday), i dont remember who posted but they were the VP of the club, im sure that he or she could get up with him

That would be me. Dreamer is the president, I'm VP.

I talked to him, he said he'd be up for it, but he doesn't know if he can make it. He has an art event in Raleigh, and won't be home till late. I told him I'll call him at 10am, see if he's up for some good food and company, or whether he wants to stay in bed. So it'll either be matt, dreamer, and I, or just matt and I.

JC_Biggs

oh.. thats cool! lol. i talked to a guy today about starting a SCCC club here... good luck he says, i said what if i can get 20+ members. he said it would be hard to tell us no. lol anyways, ill be there friday as well.. need some good blood pressure medicine

CDT COX

ill be there at noon then! i got a buddy thats coming with me.. i asked him if he had a piston and he said yes, and i said do you wanna go to a open carry meet.. and he said...

"i cant carry im only 18" :banghead::banghead::banghead:

if you didnt get that
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

so i informed him of his rights, and hes gonna try to make it with me

I'm 18, and carry regularly, tell your bud not to worry

EDIT: I'll try to make it with my brother again. He's interested in getting a first handgun but hasn't decided yet if he really wants one, help me convince him!

Last edited:

elixin77

I'm 18, and carry regularly, tell your bud not to worry

EDIT: I'll try to make it with my brother again. He's interested in getting a first handgun but hasn't decided yet if he really wants one, help me convince him!

well if he can come out with you, then we might be able to sway his decision a bit

elixin77

oh.. thats cool! lol. i talked to a guy today about starting a SCCC club here... good luck he says, i said what if i can get 20+ members. he said it would be hard to tell us no. lol anyways, ill be there friday as well.. need some good blood pressure medicine

it was a lot of work for both Dreamer and I. We had to track down 10 members plus a full time staff/faculty member with the school in order for us to start the process of becoming a legit organization through ECU. We started the process last fall (after we learned we had 2 weeks to get the paperwork in, otherwise we wouldn't make it for the fall semester), and I finally found us an adviser a couple weeks before christmas (my boss lady, of all people, lol).

We got our paperwork in, made sure at least either Dreamer or I made it to every single meeting and training session they had (to show we were serious), and when it came time for us to present our case to the Student Activity Board, we kept the conversation cool, calm, and told everyone that while we do have an ultimate goal of allowing students to protect themselves, that we're going to do it lawfully and civilly.

Dreamer went to a safety forum the other night, and from what he told me, he got our organization some advertising, and told people that there are other options to protecting yourself than just "travel in groups." He may have also secured a private consultation with a sorority as well (concerning safety of course...:D) :monkey

Right now, we're focusing on getting the word out that our organization exists, that it is open to any law abiding citizen, and that we're having a range day on the 19th (you guys should come... hint hint nudge nudge). We're also hoping that we can procure a table at a huge school event called Barefoot on the Mall, which will definitely get us some attention.

Apart from that, it did take some effort to get started, but if we can get an SCCC chapter started at ECU (where our administration is uber anti-gun), then you should be able to help get one started at your college. Besides, the more banners we have in the state, the more likely we can get a law passed allowing CC on college campus.

JC_Biggs

wellll damn... i dont normally work friday, only sat and sunday but since its supposed to rain sunday my boss wants me there tommorrow.. looks like im not gonna be able to make this one guys.. :cuss: We well def have to make it a regular thing though!

elixin77

since no one can make it, matt and i decided to move the date. one of us will make a post sometime in the near future, and hopefully more people can make it.