• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Issue at Bill Ellis BBQ Wilson

Twiztid Angel

since no one can make it, matt and i decided to move the date. one of us will make a post sometime in the near future, and hopefully more people can make it.

Hi Im new here but might be known by you at another site:D (RNCMOMX2) can you let me know when you reschedule my family and myself would like to come....Thank you:)

Spearhead

Any updates concerning your discussion with Bill's wife? Be nice if we could get a reply on his position regarding OC. If not, Parkers is only a few miles away.

"BUSINESS GOES WHERE IT IS INVITED AND STAYS WHERE IT IS WELL TREATED."

M

mattwestm

You know, I completely forgot about it... I never did get a call back from her. She never told me on the phone if OC was okay or not, but she did say that there were no signs posted prohibiting any form of carry. I'm assuming that she spoke to the kitchen manager and lied to her and told her I was a youngin' that might have caused trouble or she could have just forgotten. I'll OC there again and if I have any more problems with the guy, I'll call back. I probably won't go back if I have another meal interrupted. I prefer Bills BBQ, but if I have trouble, Parkers will get my business. Never had trouble at Parkers. I find the wait staff there a little rude and quick to get you out the door, but at least they are ok with OC.

We'll have a lunch meet at Bills really soon to try out OC. Bill or his wife are usually there during lunch time.

M

mattwestm

The other half wants some BBQ for dinner. I think I'll be venturing to Bills again. :-( I really hope I don't have another issue with the same gentleman. For some reason, I really don't want to go back there. Not really because of the OC incident, just because of how rude the guy was. Why would I want to eat at a place whose kitchen manager is rude to customers. I'll try to convince her to get Parkers instead.

Last edited:

bc.cruiser

If a date is decided, I'll be there if possible. Any excuse to put miles on the bike. If I can't, I'll visit Bill's a day or two later to pick up any comments.
I'm a new member on the site but I been reading the posts for a while. I'm glad so many of you are concerned and are trying to educate the public.

M

mattwestm

We've gotta do an OC meet at Bills in the next few weeks. I haven't been back since the incident with the kitchen manager.

sultan62

I actually OCd there on Friday not realizing there had been an issue recently. I had no problems, and the food was great. Got up to revisit the buffet a couple of times without problems, sat near the kitchen door, though strong side was away from the door.

M

mattwestm

I actually OCd there on Friday not realizing there had been an issue recently. I had no problems, and the food was great. Got up to revisit the buffet a couple of times without problems, sat near the kitchen door, though strong side was away from the door.

Cool, good to know. I had been there several times before and never had a problem. I'm hoping it was just a one time thing.