Thread: The Law on Banks

The Law on Banks

Can someone give me a diffinitive answer on wether or not it is legal to OC in banks. I know they have a sign that says "no CC" and i guess that is a law at some level (i assume federal) but i cant find anything about OC. and also, would the "state employees" credit union be considered government property???

It definitely is legal, so long as there is not a gunbuster sign on the door. You may still OC if it says "No Concealed Weapons." Several members here OC in banks regularly, including myself.

It is a state law against CC in banks.

SECU is not state property. OC isn't banned on state property as a whole anyway, just specific state property and parks.
    Last edited by sultan62; 02-28-2011 at 08:38 PM.
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

ok cool..that is what i was thinking, and i asked the bank manager and he said it was OK.. also, do you know the statue number preventing concealed carry, or is that just the "sign" lol and im assuming there is not federal law preventing it.

No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 14‑415.11. Permit to carry concealed handgun; scope of permit.
    (c) A permit does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun in the areas prohibited by G.S. 14‑269.2, 14‑269.3, 14‑269.4, and 14‑277.2, in an area prohibited by rule adopted under G.S. 120‑32.1, in any area prohibited by 18 U.S.C. 922 or any other federal law, in a law enforcement or correctional facility, in a building housing only State or federal offices, in an office of the State or federal government that is not located in a building exclusively occupied by the State or federal government, a financial institution, or on any other premises, except state‑owned rest areas or state‑owned rest stops along the highways, where notice that carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited by the posting of a conspicuous notice or statement by the person in legal possession or control of the premises. It shall be unlawful for a person, with or without a permit, to carry a concealed handgun while consuming alcohol or at any time while the person has remaining in his body any alcohol or in his blood a controlled substance previously consumed, but a person does not violate this condition if a controlled substance in his blood was lawfully obtained and taken in therapeutically appropriate amounts.
    Last edited by sultan62; 02-28-2011 at 08:50 PM.
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

thanks alot! i try to get all the wierd looks i can, im sure the bank will be fun