• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Sunday - Lakewood - 6 February 10am

reillo584

Even though you will be unarmed, the rest of us will have you covered!

No worries Golddigger... I will have my "Gerber" on me, just in case...:lol:

GB1545_Diesel.gif

Last edited:

Johnsmith1521

Good meet up!

Well I don't know about you guys but that was a great way for me to start off my Sunday!!! it was good to see and talk to everyone:monkey

See everyone next week!:banana:

DEROS72

It was great seeing everyone as usual keeps things in perspective for me..How blessed I am with such great friends.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Marksman

Great coffee as always, sorry I had to run out sooner than usual. We had about 10-12 people (military from our unit) meet up at the marksman to shoot. We had the whole left side reserved, and we just rotated shooting. We not only shot our own guns, but we rented guns and everybody shared theirs with everybody. We left enough casings to build a battleship! People just can't believe the ability of those "cheap" Hi-point carbines (sorry about reference to an "evil" long gun).

1245A Defender

well,,, yea!!

1/4 to 1 thanks for the coffee. Hope you get your car back on the road
welcome for the coffee clay, and many thanks to squeak for getting to the thing on time!
i slept thru the clock, and his first call to me didnt register either, he called again at 7:30
and i woke up! then the car acted up again and couldnt go up his driveway, but i got it parked, and was walking up, just at the right time, and he was driving down to meet me.
had a good time at the thing, but being out in the world, that early in the morning sure
does wear me out! had to take a nap for a while after i got home, my stomach was soooo upset!!
i really like talking face to face with you guys, its so much more fun and free, than
typing on the forum!
met some new guys, thats always exciting, remembered who bookman was, kinda funny.
my car was back to normal as i left squeaks house, but then acted up several
times on the way home, but im here, the car is here, looks like ill live to see another day!

Last edited:

1245A Defender

and,,,

trying to remember all the folks that came on sunday.
me the 1/4 to 1A defender
squeak and jeanie
goose and ani
jt59
bookman
deros72
1911er
golddigger14s
johnsmith1521
thomas
reillo 584

please update this list, I know i missed some, plus a nonforum guest

amlevin

my car was back to normal as i left squeaks house, but then acted up several
times on the way home, but im here, the car is here, looks like ill live to see another day!

Did you get that car in the same deal where you got the gun that kept falling apart?

Maybe some clever machine work, a few bands or straps, and some J-B Weld?

1245A Defender

WoW!!!

Did you get that car in the same deal where you got the gun that kept falling apart?

Maybe some clever machine work, a few bands or straps, and some J-B Weld?

I guess i deserve that, cause i was off topic,,,,
but you didnt come to the meet, So You Just Sit Down And Be Quiet!!!

just kidding!!
none of my guns broke Many times,,, only once!
My raven 25 acp, bought in 1977, i milled down, very thin, weakening it, a lot!
and it broke the front of the slide off.
i have rebuilt it with a new slide strap made of stainless steel, and proved it shoots
good, in my video, "walking in my woods"...
other guns also failed, they have all been repaired.

how many guns have you repaired?

my new car seems to have been a mistake, i dont know how to un lock an automatic
transmission that wont go to neutral at the stop light, ill get someone to fix it.

i wish the thread to remain on topic, and count the precipitants on sunday if we can.

I can take a ribbing about my many mistakes, foibles and setbacks.
but the raven only broke once, so dont be sitting there in front of your computer
telling everyone that it broke more than once!!!
that kinda thing just makes my blood boil!!!:lol:

amlevin

how many guns have you repaired?

my new car seems to have been a mistake, i dont know how to un lock an automatic
transmission that wont go to neutral at the stop light, ill get someone to fix it.

OK, I'll concede only once.

As for repairing guns, you don't have enough fingers or toes in your whole family with a few neighbors thrown in for good measure to count the ones I have repaired. The Government used to pay me real well to do so. Since then I have built several from scratch and always have one or two "projects" going on.

Saw your repaired gun and I would say it's "impressive". Sorry though, I'm not a fan of .25acp.

As for your transmission, check out the local library. They have manuals for most common cars and the transmission section will give you a good source of "How to". If your vehicle stalls when stopped it sounds like the converter lock-up is not unlocking. Can be as simple as an electrical issue (relay). Check it out in the troubleshooting section.

1245A Defender

OK!!

Yea, ive run out of fingers and toes.

as an aside,, replacing parts is different than actually repairing.

i never got paid for repairing guns, i got got paid for repairing submarines!
i made submarine parts out of fresh scratch, we didnt have a parts bin.

but its all good, USNavy machinery repairman 2nd class 1971_1975.

i wish you could have come to the meet and greet,
ive read enough of your posts to want to know you.
CarryOn Bob

amlevin

Yea, ive run out of fingers and toes.

as an aside,, replacing parts is different than actually repairing.

i never got paid for repairing guns, i got got paid for repairing submarines!
i made submarine parts out of fresh scratch, we didnt have a parts bin.

but its all good, USNavy machinery repairman 2nd class 1971_1975.

i wish you could have come to the meet and greet,
ive read enough of your posts to want to know you.
CarryOn Bob

One of these days I'll make it. For now there have been far to many other commitments.

on your "other note", many guns, just like subs, need parts made from scratch as well. Especially old ones. Also, when you work with the type of guns I like to play with today, even an "off the shelf" part doesn't do what I want it to.

irish52084

trying to remember all the folks that came on sunday.
me the 1/4 to 1A defender
squeak and jeanie
goose and ani
jt59
bookman
deros72
1911er
golddigger14s
johnsmith1521
thomas
reillo 584
irish52084