Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got call - Jeff Fitzgerald -Concealed Carry legislation being Drafted right now

Just got call - Jeff Fitzgerald -Concealed Carry legislation being Drafted right now

I just got a call from Republican Jeff Fitzgerald, speaker of the Wisconsin State Assembly. He let me know that
    http://legis.wisconsin.gov/w3asp/con...ly&district=36 , Representative Jeffrey Mursau 36th Assembly Disctrict is drafting the Concealed Carry Legislation right now & will be introduced with in the next 3-4 months or Fall at the latest. ( so if we want to plan a rally we do have plenty of time )

So now would be a good time to start calling him to let him know what we want.

Representative Jeffrey Mursau
    36th Assembly Disctrict
    Madison Office
    Room 18 North
    State Capitol
    P.O. Box 8953
    Madison, WI 53708

Voting Address
    4 Oak Street
    Crivitz, WI 54114

Telephone
    (608) 266-3780

Fax
    (608) 282-3636

Email
    Rep.Mursau@legis.wisconsin.gov

EDIT - March 3rd -

I just had a very nice conversation with Representative Jeffrey Mursau's senior legislative aid. He was very friendly & informative. He said that NO concealed carry legislation or other social issues - will be considered until May or after the Budget stuff has been handled.

This what will happen, including the time line in which things will take place.

May - The Drafting Process, meeting with Lawyers

June - Pass the Governors Budget

August - Introduce Concealed Carry Legislation on the assembly floor for co-sponsorship

September - Committee hearings /Judiciary

October - Passage by the state assembly & likely the Senate

November - Signed into law

January - Concealed carry law to take effect

So for the next few months we will have plenty of time to convince each of our reps in the Assembly & the senate that Constitutional carry would be the ideal type of legislation.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 03-03-2011 at 01:46 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I am calling rite now!!!! Thanks for the heads up.

Had to leave a voicemail, but left all my contact information. Hopefully they will get back to me, or at least take my opinion into account.
    Last edited by CalicoJack10; 03-01-2011 at 01:16 PM.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Done
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I called his office & Wrote him a snail mail letter.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

McX
    about damn time!.............i want CC, and a cheeseburger..........hope they put that in the bill too.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    about damn time!.............i want CC, and a cheeseburger..........hope they put that in the bill too.
    I asked him to include in the bill the Castle doctrine too.

No cheeseburgers for you! I eated them...

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

You mean Constitutional Carry?
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    You mean Constitutional Carry?
    is there any other kind of CC?

Yeah I wanted to clarify this as well before I called him. Is he drafting legislation for concealed carry or constitutional carry, because I thought we were just shooting for straight up constitutional carry first.

is there any other kind of CC?
    Not for me.

It's OC or Constitutional Carry. Not gonna pay for no stinkin' permit. Less Government, less taxes. Right?
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

McX
    Not for me.

It's OC or Constitutional Carry. Not gonna pay for no stinkin' permit. Less Government, less taxes. Right?
    and more cheeseburgers.

ehh i can live with just cc and no cheese burgers just one at a time. cant get too greedy

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Done. I also sent him a copy of 'our' legislation.

Have we sent him the bill you guys wrote?

and more cheeseburgers.
    There is something reassuring in the fact that there are people still out there who appreciate the simple things in life.

My only hope is that I can fight my way to your shop before you bug out. I'd love to share a sack full of burgers while exploding zombie heads. Seems like a peaceful way to spend the afternoon. Maybe a beer or two...

Edit:
    Done. I also sent him a copy of 'our' legislation.
    Thanks Paul. Guess I'll return to my mid-afternoon nap. You've got this!
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 03-01-2011 at 02:33 PM.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

and more cheeseburgers.
    http://icanhascheezburger.com/
    Have we sent him the bill you guys wrote?
    Dear Representative Mursau,

Please support Constitutional Carry. WI has lagged behind other states long enough for our right to carry. More and more states are going to Constitutional Carry. I have attached a bill we Wisconsin Carry members have worked on. Here are some states who have it or have bills going through their state:

Wyoming Senate passes constitutional carry:
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2670286/posts

Kentucky legislator introduces constitutional carry bill.
    www.centralkynews.com/amnews/news/amn-homeless-guns-and-roads-on-min-01052011,0,5610864.story

NRA pushes for Constitutional Carry in Iowa and across the country:
    http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=6095

Utah considering constitutional carry:
    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/49849261-76/permit-gun-utah-concealed.html.csp

Colorado legislators pushing for constitutional carry bill:
    http://www.thedenverdailynews.com/article.php?aID=11579

New Hampshire
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2670861/posts

West Virginia is the latest:
    http://www.wvgazette.com/News/politics/201102130672

Now comes Tennessee:
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2670631/posts

An Idaho article 18 February, 2011:
    http://www.fox12idaho.com/global/story.asp?s=14061688

South Carolina:
    http://www.thesunnews.com/2011/02/16/1986402/sc-lawmakers-may-loosen-concealed.html

Maine:
    http://www.timesrecord.com/articles/...5636854288.txt

It has been long enough that WI has followed other states. Let us be like our motto and move FORWARD with Constitutional Carry.

I would support the Bill attached or a simple repeal of these statutes:

Wisconsin Stat. § 167.31 (Transportation in a motor vehicle.)
    Wisconsin Stat. § 941.23 (Concealed weapon prohibition.)
    Wisconsin Stat. § 948.605 (Gun free school zone law.)
    Wisconsin Stat. § 948.61 (Other dangerous weapons in school. Needed for school definition.)
    Wisconsin Stat. § 941.235 (Carrying of firearm in a public building.)
    Wisconsin Stat. § 941.237 (Carrying a handgun where alcoholic beverages may be sold and consumed.)
    Wisconsin Stat. §29.089 (Prohibition in state parks.)

<me>

McX
    Handy, LOVE the little walking zomboid. yep, during the zombie apocolypse we'll have to make our order to go. i am willing to compromise, not on CC, but i am willing to accept a cheese burger- catsup only, no pickles, no mustard........but still with fries. i think this is very reasonable, call the Governor!

Excellent - sending him snail mail along with a copy of the bill that was written here.

You want a1911 with that too? I mean fries.... lol
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    BOTH!, and make it to go!

Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 03-01-2011 at 03:22 PM. Reason: you guys love your 1911s!
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Not unexpected, but why so long to introduce the bill? Given that he wants it to be in passable form right away, this isn't rocket science. You guys have been waiting too long as it is. I'd love to see WI get CC. Growing up in IL, I was in WI dozens of times and always liked the beauty--not quite up to Colorado, but still great, and the people--away from Madison, that is. Great start. Now get it done!

He didn't even want the 2SUM combo pack!

Letter in the mail from me as well.

Crap. You caught that?

{I do, we just can't get it in .40 S&W! }
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    I asked him to include in the bill the Castle doctrine too.
    Good idea.
    I just sent out the e-mail, and am going to start calling his office now.

Again, thanks for the post.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast