• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Toys R Us - no longer gun friendly

DevinWKuska

LOL well which toys R us is this? Oddly enough I was at the Southhill(puyallup) mall store lastnight with ma shiny new glock 17 on my hip. Nobody said anything, didnt see any signs either. DOnt they have to post a sign or something before they can make a big stink about it? Anyways... anyone else been to the southhill store and had problems?

Myabe it was because I had my pregnant wife with me who looks like she is about to pop, and we were shopping for baby stuff...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I found this on another forum......

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support
center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
FW: Cranberry Twp Store 16066

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response - 02/15/2011 07:10 PM
Dear Robert Bondi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We value all your feedback, positive and negative, as it helps us to understand how our guests feel and gives us an opportunity to evaluate any possible issues.

At Toys “R” Us, Inc., the safety and security of our customers and our employees is, and always has been, our highest priority. As a retailer that welcomes millions of kids and families into our stores across the country each year, we take our responsibility to create only the safest shopping environment very seriously. While we respect citizens’ rights to carry firearms in public areas according to certain state laws, our company policy prohibits customers from doing so in any of our stores out of an abundance of caution for the safety and protection of the children and families shopping with us.

Sincerely,

Nathan Pavlish
“R” Us Guest Relations

Toys-R-Us has been anti-gun for as long as I can remember. Became aware of their position back when my kids were in preschool, day care. They have children of their own now in high school - nothing new here. BTW - I haven't been back since and always found what I wanted for less.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Toys-R-Us has been anti-gun for as long as I can remember. Became aware of their position back when my kids were in preschool, day care. They have children of their own now in high school - nothing new here. BTW - I haven't been back since and always found what I wanted for less.

I have a letter date back in 2008 that said to the contrary. They have since changed their position.

http://forum.nwcdl.org/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=38

The spring of 2009 I bought a large pool from them. It was near closing and I was standing in line with my tag when a small child says in a loud voice "mommie, I want a gun like his" mom looks at him and at me, then my hip and ushers him to another line. When my turn came to the cashier the clerk looked at the 1911 and said cool, then asked me if I needed a extended warranty.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

I have a letter date back in 2008 that said to the contrary. They have since changed their position.

http://forum.nwcdl.org/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=38

The spring of 2009 I bought a large pool from them. It was near closing and I was standing in line with my tag when a small child says in a loud voice "mommie, I want a gun like his" mom looks at him and at me, then my hip and ushers him to another line. When my turn came to the cashier the clerk looked at the 1911 and said cool, then asked me if I needed a extended warranty.

Interesting - so they have reverted to earlier form. Was not aware of the temporary(?) pro stance. Previously, I had personally been asked to leave their place of business locally.