Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newt Gingrich on guns?

Newt Gingrich on guns?

Looks like Newt is set to announce his intent for 2012, does anyone know where he stands on RKBA issues? I can't find much of anything.

Newt Gingrich to Make Major Announcement Thursday

TFred

Don't know. He did some good things for our country, and some not so good things for our country.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I dont trust him. Just a gut feeling I have. I hope the GOP finds someone better to nominate, like Jan Brewer!
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

I have little trust for Republican leadership from the 90's.

When you or I break a contract, we get bad credit. When the 'Contract With America' was largely violated, the talking heads and the Tea Party give them a pass and pretend they did what they said they would.

As far as I'm concerned, the feller has bad credit and I will not be lending him my vote.

I have followed the news accounts of Newt since he was speaker and while I find he is often "the smartest guy in the room" when discussing many events I have noted some troubling trends. As speaker he did oversee quite a number of pro 2nd amend. bills so I give him +1 on that score.

I did note, however, that he didn't exactly cover himself in glory in some of last years races. He continually came out for the "recognized establishment" (read party accepted) candidate to the detriment of individuals who adopted a more conservative position. The two specific races that I remember off the top of my head were one in NY (candidate slips my mind at the moment) and the Del. Senate race where a known and documented RHINO was up against the young lady who was much maligned as a practitioner of witch craft (doubtful but whatever). This as well as other expressions of his inability to control an obvious lean towards a quick temper (a malady I too suffer from but I'm not running) does not bode well for someone with the power to launch Atomic weapons. Just thinking out loud.

He also did a "going green " commercial with communist queen Nancy P. I lost alot of respect for him after that. I wouldnt wast spit on her grave.

I met Newt once at a support rally, great guy in person, would love to have had a beer with him. I could only imagine he'd be agnostic to pro on 2A issues.

But he's got so much excess baggage going in he'd need a fly on a cargo plane to get from Atlanta to Jacksonville. He is perfect press fodder and thus unelectable IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by PracticalTactical View Post
    I have little trust for Republican leadership from the 90's.

When you or I break a contract, we get bad credit. When the 'Contract With America' was largely violated, the talking heads and the Tea Party give them a pass and pretend they did what they said they would.

As far as I'm concerned, the feller has bad credit and I will not be lending him my vote.
    Perhaps you don't remember the terms of the Contract with America very well. If so, I recommend that you reacquaint yourself with them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract_with_America

The Contract was not about passing laws, that would have been nigh impossible given the Democratic Senate and White House. Rather, it was to bring up the issues for a full and open debate on the house floor. Despite that, almost all of them passed the House, and a good number of them made it into law.

I'm not saying I'm a Newt fan necessarily, I think he has a few strong negatives. But, the Contract with America is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    Perhaps you don't remember the terms of the Contract with America very well. If so, I recommend that you reacquaint yourself with them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract_with_America

The Contract was not about passing laws, that would have been nigh impossible given the Democratic Senate and White House. Rather, it was to bring up the issues for a full and open debate on the house floor. Despite that, almost all of them passed the House, and a good number of them made it into law.

I'm not saying I'm a Newt fan necessarily, I think he has a few strong negatives. But, the Contract with America is not one of them.
    I stand corrected, but this further proves my point about empty promises.

In 1994 they only intended to have symbolic votes.

By 2004, the Republicans controlled both houses and the presidency. When they actually had the power to vote such policies into law, nothing happened.

In fact, it was worse than nothing. Take the Department of Education for example. In 1994 they promised to get rid of it, but by 2004 they had passed the No Child Left Behind Act, the biggest expansion of power and scope to the Ed Department in decades.

I don't trust mainstream neoconservative leaders with government any more than I would trust a drunk driver with my cars.

My wife works at a PR firm that helps represent Newt and I have sent an email to her boss asking if he has anything that he can release or if he can give a statement regarding his stance. Hopefully I will hear back from him soon.

Quote Originally Posted by PracticalTactical View Post
    I don't trust mainstream neoconservative leaders with government any more than I would trust a drunk driver with my cars.
    Please name mainstream neoconservative leaders. I want to know if you know what a neoconservative really is or if you are just parroting the left.

Founder's Club Member
    Democans and Republicrats are just two wings of the same party: Government aka the "Keep Ourselves in Power" Party.

Here is a video where Gingrich and Pelosi were playing chummy about "global warming" and the need to for energy "solutions". Of course, by the time of this video, man-made global warming had been pretty thoroughly debunked, so the terminology was shifted from global warming to climate change leaving out the man-made part while preserving the feeling of dire problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RQKNH_nwM4

Think about this video the next time by corn or beef at an outrageous price. Ethanol for fuel diverts large amounts of corn to fuel, reducing supply for other uses like people food and feed for beef. And, the next time you are reading about how a wind turbine costs a zillion dollars. And, the next time you see the pathetic sales volume of the subsidized Chevy Volt and the other recent electric car.

There's ol' Newt ready to work with his counter-part (perhaps mirror image is a better word) to come up with energy "solutions."

Big Government.

If the Republicrats, or Democans for that matter, were serious about the country, they'd both be jamming the airwaves telling us how dire the country's fiscal situation is---we're broke (and in debt)---and telling us that measures tantamount to austerity were necessary yesterday. But, instead they come up with $61B in cuts when just in February the government set an all-time one-month deficit record of $223B. That's $223B deficit in one month.
    Last edited by Citizen; 03-08-2011 at 11:40 PM.

You had me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Democans and Republicrats are just two wings of the same party: Government aka the "Keep Ourselves in Power" Party.
    Vote 'em all out every election. Left, Right, Up, Down, Lib, Neoconservative Replicant... whatever. Bye-bye!

Political office is not a career. It's a one time privilege.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by WCrawford View Post
    Please name mainstream neoconservative leaders. I want to know if you know what a neoconservative really is or if you are just parroting the left.
    I'm not parroting the left, I'm an upset paleoconservative that doesn't like people like McCain, Romney, Giuliani and Bloomberg.

Gingrich is just another war monger, and simply, more of the same.

Ron Paul ftw

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    You had me at:

Vote 'em all out every election. Left, Right, Up, Down, Lib, Neoconservative Replicant... whatever. Bye-bye!

Political office is not a career. It's a one time privilege.
    neoconservative? What a nondescript term. Why not simply call them by their self given name. Progressive. If you want to distinguish the McCain type from the Pelosi type of progressive there is another very old and still highly used designation; what side of the French parliament would they sit on? If they want to use the government to change society call them a left wing progressive; if, like McCain they want to use the government to keep society stagnant call them right wing progressives. By using the original names for an ideology or group one can follow the history of actions and positions better. If McCain is grouped as a Neoconservative then he is no longer attached to the progressives of old and people will not realize the folly of his favorite policies and ideas.

uhm... what?

I could give a sh*t what you call them. What they call themselves. Or what others choose to call them. Makes no difference to me.

How about calling them what they really are?

Thief
    Liar
    Traitor
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

Here is a video where Gingrich and Pelosi were playing chummy about "global warming" and the need to for energy "solutions". Of course, by the time of this video, man-made global warming had been pretty thoroughly debunked, so the terminology was shifted from global warming to climate change leaving out the man-made part while preserving the feeling of dire problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RQKNH_nwM4

Think about this video the next time by corn or beef at an outrageous price. Ethanol for fuel diverts large amounts of corn to fuel, reducing supply for other uses like people food and feed for beef. And, the next time you are reading about how a wind turbine costs a zillion dollars. And, the next time you see the pathetic sales volume of the subsidized Chevy Volt and the other recent electric car.

There's ol' Newt ready to work with his counter-part (perhaps mirror image is a better word) to come up with energy "solutions."

Big Government.

If the Republicrats, or Democans for that matter, were serious about the country, they'd both be jamming the airwaves telling us how dire the country's fiscal situation is---we're broke (and in debt)---and telling us that measures tantamount to austerity were necessary yesterday. But, instead they come up with $61B in cuts when just in February the government set an all-time one-month deficit record of $223B. That's $223B deficit in one month.
    Excellent post.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uber_Olafsun View Post
    Thanks. Doesn't sway me at all, though.

The Big Government grabbers can and have been taking more and more from us over the years, while letting us keep our guns. So, what? We've got our guns, but less and less of everything else, year by year.

And why not? Why would the government bother too much with our guns, when it knows it can take vast amounts of from us as long as it leaves guns more or less alone. "Drive the debt to the moon! Saddle 'em with Obamacare! Spend, spend, spend! Just don't do too much against their guns."

Chinese Diplomat: "Senator, you Americans must learn to control your subjects. This free-speech government-criticism is no way to run a country."

Senator: (whisper) "Ambassador Chang, you've got it all wrong. We've got the people right where we want them. Why browbeat them into submission when you can manipulate them into continuing to pay, pay, pay? We elites are much better off skimming from their production. Its totally a game of skim, ameliorate their anger just enough, and then skim some more.

And, best of all, we have the Federal Reserve. Those bast**ds keep printing money by the truckload whenever we want to spend. And, all we have to do is tax the commoners enough to pay the interest. They don't get near as upset about a rising national debt as they would if they had to pay directly in taxes! Now we have the best of both worlds, we tax them as much as they can stand, and we spend vast sums while moving those costs to the debt ledger. What a racket! We love it!!

Speaking of love, my wife is out of town. Is that cute little thing in your entourage single?"
    Last edited by Citizen; 03-09-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Citizen you got it wrong!

He wouldn't care if she was single.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Newt Gingrich is an avowed Globalist, and a Neo-Con of the most egregiously sociopathic, self-absorbed type, and would have NO problem furthering the sell-out of the USA to his International Bankster buddies.

While he was a Congressman, he handed out hundreds of copies of "The Third Wave", the Fascistic-Utopian paeon to Post-Industrialism penned by Globalist Alvin Toffler, of whom Newt is a "disciple"...

Newt also has DEEP ties to Fannie Mae and Freddi Mac, and was instrumental in getting Glass Steagal overturned, which allowed the Banksters to create the huge Bubble of the 1990s that they then engineered the collapse of, so they could ransack the middle class of their meager accumulated wealth from the .Com and Housing Booms of the '80s and 90's, and also so they could pillage the retirement funds of the Baby Boomers (who had been paying into them since the 1950s) before they started to retire...

Newt Gingrich is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

No, worse.

He is a Boot-Licker of Tyranny, masquerading as a Patriot...

Luckily for this nation, Newt is unelectable. He has so much political baggage that if he flew from BWI to Dulles for a day-trip meeting, he'd need a separate C-130 just for the skeletons in his closet...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 03-14-2011 at 12:13 AM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Newt Gingrich is an avowed Globalist, and a Neo-Con of the most egregiously sociopathic, self-absorbed type, and would have NO problem furthering the sell-out of the USA to his International Bankster buddies.

While he was a Congressman, he handed out hundreds of copies of "The Third Wave", the Fascistic-Utopian paeon to Post-Industrialism penned by Globalist Alvin Toffler, of whom Newt is a "disciple"...

Newt also has DEEP ties to Fannie Mae and Freddi Mac, and was instrumental in getting Glass Steagal overturned, which allowed the Banksters to create the huge Bubble of the 1990s that they then engineered the collapse of, so they could ransack the middle class of their meager accumulated wealth from the .Com and Housing Booms of the '80s and 90's, and also so they could pillage the retirement funds of the Baby Boomers (who had been paying into them since the 1950s) before they started to retire...

Newt Gingrich is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

No, worse.

He is a Boot-Licker of Tyranny, masquerading as a Patriot...

Luckily for this nation, Newt is unelectable. He has so much political baggage that if he flew from BWI to Dulles for a day-trip meeting, he'd need a separate C-130 just for the skeletons in his closet...
    This is one of those rare times that I agree with Dreamer, even though I still don't know WTF a "neo-con" is. I don't think he knows either, since these "neo-cons" are really just "moderate republicans".

I'll never forget Newt sitting on a couch with nanzi pillousy talking about the global warming scam. That was unforgiveable, I'll vote for obozo before I vote for a damm "neo-con" "moderate" or "RINO". I know where I stand with obozo, with turncoat political douchbags you never know what they'll do.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

I know exactly what a "neocon" is. It is a modern American Liberal who has "moved to the right" because he believes that Liberalism has fails and no longer knows what it is talking about. First used in the modern sense by Socialist writer Michael Harrington in 1973.

NeoCons are essentially Socialist/Globalist/Corporate Fascists who pose as Conservatives. The believe in the governmental control models of the Left, and the enforced/manipulated moral and market models of the Right.

Their fundamental tenant is that the Market is stupid because it it comprised of stupid plebes, and therefore, although Capitalism is a good idea on paper, it must be guided by the self-anointed Ruling Class from above. The believe that morals and ethics are a tool for controlling the actions of the plebe class, and do not apply to them (at least not the SAME morals and ethics--they have their own, strange, twisted set of rules).

They believe that Might makes Right--in the Market, in Diplomacy, and in personal relations, and see no moral problem with using force to make anyone--a nation, a corporation, or an individual--serve their own whims and desires.

NeoCons are essentially institutionalized socio-political sociopathy, anointed and blessed as a legitimate (and hopefully, in their eyes, THE DOMINANT) political movement.

They believe in no god other than the god of their own desire.

They believe in no nation, other than the nation of their own personal empire.

They believe in no loyalty other than the loyalty to their own self-appointed Ruling Class.

They believe that the entire planet--land, resources, nations, religions, people--exist solely to serve their own ultimate goals--which is to bring about a NeoPlatonic Feudalism where the ruling class is a tiny cadre of pseudo-scientific elites, and everyone else is essentially a serf.

They are, perhaps, the closest thing to a true "Illuminati" that we have in the USA--a loosely affiliated clan of sociopathic perfectibilists who see the bulk of humanity as having already split away on the evolutionary tree from "true human-ness" and therefore are not due the rights afforded to Human Beings. The see themselves, however, as the ultimate expression of the "next step" in mankind's evolution, and therefore, the only ones qualified to lead the way int Man's Future.

They believe it is morally acceptable to tell the plebes any lie, deceit, or falsehood that will placate them, while killing, robbing, and further enslaving them. They will preach "conservative values" while molesting children or hooking up with anonymous gay lovers in airport restrooms because it suits them.

They will tout "fiscal responsibility" while setting up a system where their cronies can rob the working middle class of their wealth. They will crow "Social Justice" while enacting laws to further subjugate the people they claim to be "liberating".

They will claim "Security" while entrapping mentally defective patsies in false-flag terror plots. They will claim "Liberty for the People" while chipping away at freedom, enacting censorship, and controlling every aspect of daily life, from the kind of car you drive, to the ability to grow your own vegetables, to the number of gallons your toilet flushes.

They are psychotic control freaks, sociopathic abusers and murders, and pathological liars.

They are, in a word, wolves in sheep's clothing, except these wolves never stop killing, even when their bellies are full...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I know exactly what a "neocon" is. It is a modern American Liberal who has "moved to the right" because he believes that Liberalism has fails and no longer knows what it is talking about. First used in the modern sense by Socialist writer Michael Harrington in 1973.

NeoCons are essentially Socialist/Globalist/Corporate Fascists who pose as Conservatives. The believe in the governmental control models of the Left, and the enforced/manipulated moral and market models of the Right.

Their fundamental tenant is that the Market is stupid because it it comprised of stupid plebes, and therefore, although Capitalism is a good idea on paper, it must be guided by the self-anointed Ruling Class from above. The believe that morals and ethics are a tool for controlling the actions of the plebe class, and do not apply to them (at least not the SAME morals and ethics--they have their own, strange, twisted set of rules).

They believe that Might makes Right--in the Market, in Diplomacy, and in personal relations, and see no moral problem with using force to make anyone--a nation, a corporation, or an individual--serve their own whims and desires.

NeoCons are essentially institutionalized socio-political sociopathy, anointed and blessed as a legitimate (and hopefully, in their eyes, THE DOMINANT) political movement.

They believe in no god other than the god of their own desire.

They believe in no nation, other than the nation of their own personal empire.

They believe in no loyalty other than the loyalty to their own self-appointed Ruling Class.

They believe that the entire planet--land, resources, nations, religions, people--exist solely to serve their own ultimate goals--which is to bring about a NeoPlatonic Feudalism where the ruling class is a tiny cadre of pseudo-scientific elites, and everyone else is essentially a serf.

They are, perhaps, the closest thing to a true "Illuminati" that we have in the USA--a loosely affiliated clan of sociopathic perfectibilists who see the bulk of humanity as having already split away on the evolutionary tree from "true human-ness" and therefore are not due the rights afforded to Human Beings. The see themselves, however, as the ultimate expression of the "next step" in mankind's evolution, and therefore, the only ones qualified to lead the way int Man's Future.

They believe it is morally acceptable to tell the plebes any lie, deceit, or falsehood that will placate them, while killing, robbing, and further enslaving them. They will preach "conservative values" while molesting children or hooking up with anonymous gay lovers in airport restrooms because it suits them.

They will tout "fiscal responsibility" while setting up a system where their cronies can rob the working middle class of their wealth. They will crow "Social Justice" while enacting laws to further subjugate the people they claim to be "liberating".

They will claim "Security" while entrapping mentally defective patsies in false-flag terror plots. They will claim "Liberty for the People" while chipping away at freedom, enacting censorship, and controlling every aspect of daily life, from the kind of car you drive, to the ability to grow your own vegetables, to the number of gallons your toilet flushes.

They are psychotic control freaks, sociopathic abusers and murders, and pathological liars.

They are, in a word, wolves in sheep's clothing, except these wolves never stop killing, even when their bellies are full...
    That was probably one of the best definitions of a "neo-con" I have ever read. Though I would argue they have not "moved to the right". I would stand by my assertion they're still leftists. They may have manipulated the religious people to believe in legislating morality, which is relative. The Fascists of the 1920's had their own morality, enforced through law and brutality.

As you point out, they seem to espouse the free market system. Yet in reality they seek to manipulate and regulate it to the point where it more closely reflects a collective. As hard core rightwing as I am, (nearly an anarchist) I have to be rational. Completely unadultered capitalism isn't exactly a panecea either. That said I cannot find anywhere in the Constitution that allows the gov't to get involved in labor relations w/in the private sector. (Thank you FDR, I hope it's warm enough for you next to Adolph and Joseph.)

Neo-Cons by definition ARE NOT even remotely conservative. They may be a little more to the right than Trotsky. Therefore use of the term is misleading. It's a coin phrase of the left, and just like the perception that Mussolini and Hitler were "rightwing", it is used to marginalize actual right wing agendas. The leftist media can slobber all over thelikes of McCain when he's being a "moderate" and then villify the old fool for abandoning "his principles" and promoting moonbat agendas. I think you give these clowns WAY TOO MUCH CREDIT. They say whatever they have to in order to keep poll numbers up. Most of the have no principles.

Then I get deeper into your post and you had to predictably lay out how powerful these idiots are, how they can manipulate everything and everyone. Even though we all know prisons can't control inmates, we're supposed to believe the ultimate objective for the Neo-con-lib NWO elites is to control US, WE THE PEOPLE, when they can't even control their own damm kids.

Sorry dreamer, you fail to convince me these elitist pigs have nearly the control you say they do. Nor do I accept the notion they could achieve such a milestone.

Not that I'm dismissing vigilance either. I can agree with a lot of your points. It's your rhetoric that's the problem. You demonize way too many people, merely because they have wealth and influence. Such has been done before, with tragic consequenses.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast