• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Atty. general: Illinois should release FOID card list

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
I just heard about this. OCDO community should know about this, so I am going to post it in the news and politics sub-forum.

devildoc5

I believe this is in response to rep. Morthlands bill that would form a committee to investigate the entire foid process. Rep morthland and I conversed for about an hour 2 weeks ago and he mentioned his intention to submit this bill.

His reasoning is that he has heard of people getting denied their foid even though there is legally no reason for it to happen.

I don't see this as a "hey guys here is where you can steal guns at" but more of a "see this is how fubar il is when it comes to following it's own stupid assinine laws"

This investigation would be a positive thing that would push IL closer to becoming part of the usa again...

junglebob

The Illinois State Police has refused to release FOID card holder names. I was glad to hear this. This brings out in the news how anti-gun Lisa Madigan is. Maybe this will get gun owners mad enough that Lisa Madigan and some anti-gun democrats and the current anti-gun governor don't get reelected come the next elections.

Last edited:

RANDYT

I think they should release the names and then when a gun crime occurs against a gun owner than Lisa Madigan should be charged as an accessory.