Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC in pontiac /PPD at it again

OC in pontiac /PPD at it again

I was asked to leave sprint store in Waterford been there countless times before. Been a customer for 5 yrs at this store i told them i would take my business elsewhere. My wife's cousin was getting a new phone i was going to but not now. This employee then apologizes to my wife for kicking me out of store and hopes I'm not mad. His rationale was there's a rehab place next door and he didn't want one of them to come in and take my gun.Then i left there went to grocery store mom and pop store very nice people but she said you cant carry your gun like that in Michigan i repeated 3 times its legal gave here a tri-fold. But of course who did she call but the PPD which stated he cant carry a gun in the open does he have a open carry permit. Then stated i had to show my cpl to store owner i refused due to personal info the owner agreed with me.PPD said I was wrong and i have to show id and i cant oc without a permit . They have left me alone for about 2 or 3months. They have a nice grass area for lunch between the police headquarters and city hall. Maybe in May or june.
    Last edited by army74; 03-01-2011 at 04:01 PM.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by army74 View Post
    I was asked to leave sprint store in Waterford been there countless times before. Been a customer for 5 yrs at this store i told them i would take my business elsewhere. My wife's cousin was getting a new phone i was going to but not now. This employee then apologizes to my wife for kicking me out of store and hopes I'm not mad. His rationale was there's a rehab place next door and he didn't want one of them to come in and take my gun.Then i left there went to grocery store mom and pop store very nice people but she said you cant carry your gun like that in Michigan i repeated 3 times its legal gave here a tri-fold. But of course who did she call but the PPD which stated he cant carry a gun in the open does he have a open carry permit. Then stated i had to show my cpl to store owner i refused due to personal info the owner agreed with me.PPD said I was wrong and i have to show id and i cant oc without a permit . They have left me alone for about 2 or 3months. They have a nice grass area for lunch between the police headquarters and city hall. Maybe in May or june.
    Take in the MSP bulletins and ask her who she believes MSP or PPD.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

that is totally f-ed.

when are they supposed to be taken over by the sheriff department?

venator i did that she said thats what PPD said.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricianLU58 View Post
    that is totally f-ed.

when are they supposed to be taken over by the sheriff department?
    i don't think the sheriff is taking over now. thought I read they decided against it.

That's effin hilarious, sad, but hilarious! You should go to the PPD and tell them you want to apply for an "open carry permit" and watch them dance around trying to find the application lol!!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by army74 View Post
    venator i did that she said thats what PPD said.
    FOIA the call between the women and the PPD and then ask for an OC permit.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeMarine View Post
    "open carry permit"
    Here ya' go http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(zx3...ame=mcl-28-422

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

What if the PPD told her that you needed a CPL in order to OC there because they sold alcohol (assuming they sell alcohol)?

What the police said and what she heard may be two very different things.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

While Bronson has a good point, that registration is a licensing process to openly carry, I do agree that it would be hilarious to call them and ask about the process for obtaining the required open carry permit. If they say the Sheriff's department, the response would be "but they don't issue those, your department is the only one that requires them. Also, we both know they aren't required because of preemption, but I'd like to follow your departments rules so I don't get bothered anymore"
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

I understand where bronson is coming from. But it is extremely possible that the PPD has said this. There are some good officers here who now its legal and theres no OC permit.Ive been hassled before by this dept. and the chief is no better.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeMarine View Post
    That's effin hilarious, sad, but hilarious! You should go to the PPD and tell them you want to apply for an "open carry permit" and watch them dance around trying to find the application lol!!
    Hahaha, bring the recorder.

I'm down for a picnic, the last one was great, once we got the grill to light.

Let's talk to MasterControl and see if he can organize something...

I'm down with it.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    i would be interested in a picnic or other such event, as well
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

OC picnic in june

I will tlk with Mastercontrol and see what we can work out far as a OC picnic at the same site but ill try to get the pavillion

Banned
    Are you talking about hawthorne, or somewhere else?

I would be down also. Been thinking about doing something like this for a while now!

I'm thinking about Hawthorne due to the fact of the children's play area if any1 wants to bring kids or even go fishing since there is a boat dock. Ill even invite my friend the county commissioner. What is everyone's take on inviting the Chief of police and mayor and council members.

picnic

Stainless we wont have that problem ill be bringing a gas grill with me so that wont be a problem.Just would need a cook is all.

Banned
    Hawthorne is fine with me, it was nice the last time, and I'm familiar with the area. If some of you don't know quite where it is, I'll meet you nearby, and you can follow me in.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Hawthorne is fine with me, it was nice the last time, and I'm familiar with the area. If some of you don't know quite where it is, I'll meet you nearby, and you can follow me in.
    That's not a bad area, I thought you might be talking oakland park or perry park. Now those places are what I consider a two gun minimum (faster to change guns then reload)

Quote Originally Posted by Vmaxx View Post
    That's not a bad area, I thought you might be talking oakland park or perry park. Now those places are what I consider a two gun minimum (faster to change guns then reload)
    yep, and my video games on my Xbox confirms that too!
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

Pontiac Picnic Pontiac Picnic Pontiac Picnic
    Pontiac Picnic Pontiac Picnic Pontiac Picnic
    Pontiac Picnic Pontiac Picnic Pontiac Picnic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know when and i am there. or I will coordinate it if it takes too long.

Carry on fellow patriots

Devery

I went to the last pontiac picnic in august that was fun...if im in town again id be down.
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

Im thinking about June 4 th or june 11th for the picnic looking for feedback to see whats good for everyone i just need to pinpoint the date and give it to mastercontrol.Thanks for the input everyone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast