• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in pontiac /PPD at it again

army74

I was asked to leave sprint store in Waterford been there countless times before. Been a customer for 5 yrs at this store i told them i would take my business elsewhere. My wife's cousin was getting a new phone i was going to but not now. This employee then apologizes to my wife for kicking me out of store and hopes I'm not mad. His rationale was there's a rehab place next door and he didn't want one of them to come in and take my gun.Then i left there went to grocery store mom and pop store very nice people but she said you cant carry your gun like that in Michigan i repeated 3 times its legal gave here a tri-fold. But of course who did she call but the PPD which stated he cant carry a gun in the open does he have a open carry permit. Then stated i had to show my cpl to store owner i refused due to personal info the owner agreed with me.PPD said I was wrong and i have to show id and i cant oc without a permit . They have left me alone for about 2 or 3months. They have a nice grass area for lunch between the police headquarters and city hall. Maybe in May or june.

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I was asked to leave sprint store in Waterford been there countless times before. Been a customer for 5 yrs at this store i told them i would take my business elsewhere. My wife's cousin was getting a new phone i was going to but not now. This employee then apologizes to my wife for kicking me out of store and hopes I'm not mad. His rationale was there's a rehab place next door and he didn't want one of them to come in and take my gun.Then i left there went to grocery store mom and pop store very nice people but she said you cant carry your gun like that in Michigan i repeated 3 times its legal gave here a tri-fold. But of course who did she call but the PPD which stated he cant carry a gun in the open does he have a open carry permit. Then stated i had to show my cpl to store owner i refused due to personal info the owner agreed with me.PPD said I was wrong and i have to show id and i cant oc without a permit . They have left me alone for about 2 or 3months. They have a nice grass area for lunch between the police headquarters and city hall. Maybe in May or june.

Take in the MSP bulletins and ask her who she believes MSP or PPD.

RenegadeMarine

That's effin hilarious, sad, but hilarious! You should go to the PPD and tell them you want to apply for an "open carry permit" and watch them dance around trying to find the application lol!!

Bronson

What if the PPD told her that you needed a CPL in order to OC there because they sold alcohol (assuming they sell alcohol)?

What the police said and what she heard may be two very different things.

Bronson

Michigander

While Bronson has a good point, that registration is a licensing process to openly carry, I do agree that it would be hilarious to call them and ask about the process for obtaining the required open carry permit. If they say the Sheriff's department, the response would be "but they don't issue those, your department is the only one that requires them. Also, we both know they aren't required because of preemption, but I'd like to follow your departments rules so I don't get bothered anymore"

army74

I understand where bronson is coming from. But it is extremely possible that the PPD has said this. There are some good officers here who now its legal and theres no OC permit.Ive been hassled before by this dept. and the chief is no better.

army74

OC picnic in june

I will tlk with Mastercontrol and see what we can work out far as a OC picnic at the same site but ill try to get the pavillion

army74

I'm thinking about Hawthorne due to the fact of the children's play area if any1 wants to bring kids or even go fishing since there is a boat dock. Ill even invite my friend the county commissioner. What is everyone's take on inviting the Chief of police and mayor and council members.