• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another reason we don't need (or want) no steeenkin' licenses!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Good thing I advised my :) not to register her squirt gun With that info out in the hands of the scum bags every gun owner in Ill will be expecting to get robbed. when they are at work. That AG is a super STUPID pos

Last edited:

civilwarguy

its IL where they will crush your rights and hide other states senators... hmm i think that would be a great new state slogan

HandyHamlet

Best thing I ever did was flee my home state when Blowjobavich was elected the first time. Those (rhymes with ducks) have pillaged so much, so often, and for so long they literally bankrupt the entire state. Yet they keep on getting elected.

:banghead:

Call me a FIB but I've been shackle free for 6 years now.

:banana:

Vandil

This would be the reason my father in IL has always "Borrowed for legitimate sporting purposes" from my collection he refuses to get one of those IL firearms licenses.

M

McX

response to thread title: 'cause i got no room in my wallet for any more paper, other than money. see byline below.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Keep In Mind That This Can Apply To Concealed Carry Licenses!

When I lived in Florida a few years back some anti's got the list of CCW holders and started publishing them in news papers. The governor and legislature went to work and passed a privacy law protecting all licensees names and addresses from the public.

If we get CCW here we MUST ensure there are no "public" lists of our names. I know...we want Constitutional Carry! YES WE DO!

1FASTC4

When I lived in Florida a few years back some anti's got the list of CCW holders and started publishing them in news papers. The governor and legislature went to work and passed a privacy law protecting all licensees names and addresses from the public.

If we get CCW here we MUST ensure there are no "public" lists of our names. I know...we want Constitutional Carry! YES WE DO!

I will never register or get licensed. The 2nd amendment guarantees my right to carry a firearm. There's no caveat exempting a particular way I choose to carry. I already carry concealed. As I've stated, I believe the Wisconsin gun laws would not hold up if challenged high enough. I do not believe the SCOTUS would uphold even the 1000' SZ law, for example.

Yes, it would be very unpleasant to find out if I'm right. I'd rather not have to go through that. hehe

Last edited:

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
C4, be careful in your current town of residence, the Vials county judge over there is a real piece of liberal democratic work, and the police force regularly oversteps their boundaries with no worries about being reprimanded when they do. The judge I am referring to basically encourages them trampling all over people rights.

It is so bad, that if a legally blind police officer said they saw someone jaywalking, you would be found guilty even if you had proven 7 different ways that you were not even in this state. The phrase "Kangaroo Court" comes to mind.

MKEgal

Big Dipper said:
"Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan says state police must release the name of everyone in the state who is authorized to own a gun."
Wouldn't it be simpler, more accurate, and a MUCH shorter list to publish the names of criminals & those who have been adjudicated mentally incompetent, and so forfeited their right to self-defense? Besides, that doesn't infringe on the privacy of the much larger non-criminal population.

I mean, under the Constitution, ALL people are authorized to own a gun.
In reality, all adult non-felons (non-abusers, non-adjudicated-incompetent) are authorized.
I understand that IL (and esp. Chicago) has other views on the subject, but the law of the land is supposed to rule.

safcrkr

C4, be careful in your current town of residence, the Vials county judge over there is a real piece of liberal democratic work, and the police force regularly oversteps their boundaries with no worries about being reprimanded when they do. The judge I am referring to basically encourages them trampling all over people rights.

It is so bad, that if a legally blind police officer said they saw someone jaywalking, you would be found guilty even if you had proven 7 different ways that you were not even in this state. The phrase "Kangaroo Court" comes to mind.

I've known the man personally for 20 yrs, long before he became judge, and I think you've got the wrong opinion. I also personally know most of the Eagle River city cops - Todd, Tony, Mike, Christine - and they're all good guys (and gals too) IMO. None of them are overly aggressive in their jobs and they do their jobs very well as far as I've seen, and I've lived here 20 yrs.. Most of the Vilas County deputies, and I know quite a few, are good guys too.

But.... 1FASTC4, I wouldn't talk about regularly breaking the law on this or any other forum, as I know for a fact, some read this, and other, gun forums. Why ask for trouble?

1FASTC4

I've known the man personally for 20 yrs, long before he became judge, and I think you've got the wrong opinion. I also personally know most of the Eagle River city cops - Todd, Tony, Mike, Christine - and they're all good guys (and gals too) IMO. None of them are overly aggressive in their jobs and they do their jobs very well as far as I've seen, and I've lived here 20 yrs.. Most of the Vilas County deputies, and I know quite a few, are good guys too.

But.... 1FASTC4, I wouldn't talk about regularly breaking the law on this or any other forum, as I know for a fact, some read this, and other, gun forums. Why ask for trouble?

I was pulled over by a Vilas County Cop last week. I was speeding, didnt have my driver's license, and couldn't find my proof of insurance. The Deputy let me go with a polite but clear warning. Frankly, I wouldn't have thought ill of him if he had written a ticket(s). I had earned them. As it stands, I am grateful to him for letting me go.

Thanks for the warnings. My decision to be a scofflaw isn't a reflection about how I feel about Law Enforcement. In my whole life(as a civilian) I've probably interacted with 50 or so in LE and I've only run into one person who I felt wasn't professional and polite. Maybe I've been lucky, but I'll take it. :)
My decision to carry as I see fit is merely a result of how I feel the Constitution was written and intended. There's no malice or disrespect involved. Plus, it's impractical to OC in the middle of winter.

I'm not asking for trouble. A LEO would have to be pretty darned zealous to want to track me down through this site, and would have to convince a judge to issue a subpoena for my info from the website host, all for carrying concealed. Honestly, I'm just not worried about it.

civilwarguy

I was pulled over by a Vilas County Cop last week. I was speeding, didnt have my driver's license, and couldn't find my proof of insurance. The Deputy let me go with a polite but clear warning. Frankly, I wouldn't have thought ill of him if he had written a ticket(s). I had earned them. As it stands, I am grateful to him for letting me go.

Thanks for the warnings. My decision to be a scofflaw isn't a reflection about how I feel about Law Enforcement. In my whole life(as a civilian) I've probably interacted with 50 or so in LE and I've only run into one person who I felt wasn't professional and polite. Maybe I've been lucky, but I'll take it. :)
My decision to carry as I see fit is merely a result of how I feel the Constitution was written and intended. There's no malice or disrespect involved. Plus, it's impractical to OC in the middle of winter.

I'm not asking for trouble. A LEO would have to be pretty darned zealous to want to track me down through this site, and would have to convince a judge to issue a subpoena for my info from the website host, all for carrying concealed. Honestly, I'm just not worried about it.
I think the bigger issue here is by you making statements such as you have makes the rest of us looked at badly because if a LEO reads this and then sees someone who he knows OCs most of the time but may not be this particular time it may cause him to make assumptions that then get us stopped due to wrong reasons.

What you do is YOUR choice but i for one would not be happy if i got hassled due to your comments just my .02 take it or leave it.

1FASTC4

I think the bigger issue here is by you making statements such as you have makes the rest of us looked at badly because if a LEO reads this and then sees someone who he knows OCs most of the time but may not be this particular time it may cause him to make assumptions that then get us stopped due to wrong reasons.

What you do is YOUR choice but i for one would not be happy if i got hassled due to your comments just my .02 take it or leave it.

It's quite a reach, what you typed. If I'm correct, you think a cop might read what I typed, then stop you because he can't see your gun? Uhh, there's no RAS for the cop to stop you. Not gonna happen.

Furthermore, I have never advocated for others here to emulate my choices. :)

Last edited:

civilwarguy

as i said that was just my thoughts and while you may not encourage others to do the same you actions DO effect all of us as far as perceptions from the general public. that is all i have to say and am not going to get into an argument over this since this thread has already gone way off track of where it started.

1FASTC4

as i said that was just my thoughts and while you may not encourage others to do the same you actions DO effect all of us as far as perceptions from the general public. that is all i have to say and am not going to get into an argument over this since this thread has already gone way off track of where it started.

OK, well. I disagree with what you've typed. but, 'bye. :)

jpm84092

See If You Can Get the WI Legislature to Enact Laws Similar to Utah.

Here are some ideas to bounce off Wisconsin Legislators that come from Utah law:

Fortunately, in my current State of Residence (Utah), there is a law forbidding the public from obtaining information about permit holders. Law Enforcement has access to the permit database, but is limited to confirming the validity of a permit and may not take it away unless it has been revoked.

Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor's names are published on the Official State Website, but only for the purpose of a person verifying that a given instructor's permit to instruct is valid. Few of us object because it is free advertising.

Utah Castle Doctrine extends to your automobile. You can carry open or concealed, loaded or unloaded (handguns only).

A Bill authorizing Constitutional Carry is in committee, but there is a pesky amendment that requires one to declare to the police if you are carrying (without a permit).

M

McX

i already got my penn non-res. not that it does much for me,. the only other one that interests me is the one i can get from my chum JPM, and you all know how i feel about permits, so JPM gotta be something special in my book.