• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second Amendment Foundation "Guns Save Lives" truck tour will be in Milwaukee Thur.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Second Amendment Foundation "Guns Save Lives" truck tour will be in Milwaukee Thur.

http://www.ccrkba.org/?page_id=2523

Was contacted by the Second Amendment Foundation today. They will have their Guns Save Lives truck in Milwaukee THIS Thursday.

I'll be posting more details shortly.

Probably a downtown Milwaukee stop during lunch hour.

Time is finalized:

High Noon this Thursday the truck will be making a stop at Chase Plaza (Corner of Water and Wisconsin Ave) downtown Milwaukee.

If anyone has questions about parking etc drop me an email. I work downtown.

The Chase plaza is NOT in a school zone.

Lets get a big turnout. The downtown lunch crowd will be milling around.

Media will be notified.

Last edited:

KansasKraut

Ugh. Communist scumbag. Wish I could go, but I'll be out of town. Rest assured that I'll be with the CCRKBA in spirit, though.

M

McX

if anyone goes, please see if they have any bumperstickers, and get me a handfull!

civilwarguy

yeah cant make it down either but would be interested in bumperstickers or buttons they may have. will be a delavan meet and greet though.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
High Noon this Thursday the truck will be making a stop at Chase Plaza (Corner of Water and Wisconsin Ave) downtown Milwaukee.

If anyone has questions about parking etc drop me an email. I work downtown.

The Chase plaza is NOT in a school zone.

Lets get a big turnout. The downtown lunch crowd will be milling around.

Media will be notified.

M

McX

will the infamous 'black vans' be lurking about, giving out guns to those in need as well?

protias

I really wish I could attend this. It sounds like it would be a good time and lots of information provided.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Copy of text from CCRKBA press release:

Citizens Committee for the
Right to Keep and Bear Arms
12500 N.E. Tenth Place • Bellevue, WA 98005 • www.ccrkba.org

NEWS RELEASE

CCRKBA VISITING MILWAUKEE TO SAY ‘GUNS SAVE LIVES’

For Immediate Release: Contact: Alan Gottlieb (425) 454-4911

BELLEVUE, WA – The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is visiting Milwaukee to Thursday at the corner of Wisconsin Avenue and Water Street at noon to counter billionaire New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s campaign of fear against Badger State gun owners.

Bloomberg has teamed up with Mayors Against Illegal Guns to send a moving billboard truck around the country claiming that 34 Americans are “murdered with guns every day.” CCRKBA Chairman Alan M. Gottlieb said Bloomberg’s campaign “tells less than half of a story, so on Thursday we’re setting the record straight in Wisconsin with the help of Nik Clark from Wisconsin Carry.”

“We’re answering Bloomberg’s flash with genuine substance,” he explained. “We telling people what Bloomberg isn’t telling them. Guns save between 800,000 and 2.5 million lives annually. That’s 2,100 to 6,800 people every day who successfully use firearms to defend themselves, or prevent a criminal attack. In the majority of those incidents, no shots are fired, and nobody is injured or killed. In some cases where shots are fired by armed citizens, several lives are saved.”

CCRKBA has teamed up with the Second Amendment Foundation, which is producing educational materials on firearms rights, the number of lives saved and the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

“While Bloomberg is shooting blanks,” Gottlieb explained, “CCRKBA is hitting the bull’s eye with information Americans need to protect their civil rights.

“Bloomberg’s campaign is a smokescreen,” he continued. “America needs to look behind the façade to see that his ultimate goal is to convince Congress to implement New York-style gun control laws, ban most semiautomatic firearms, stretch background checks out to between six and nine months, and to put gun shows out of business.

“No mayor, regardless how wealthy he is, should dictate to Congress or the people of Wisconsin the terms of their civil rights,” Gottlieb said. “Michael Bloomberg is spreading hysteria about gun rights. We’re spreading the truth.”

With more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (www.ccrkba.org) is one of the nation's premier gun rights organizations. As a non-profit organization, the Citizens Committee is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States.

-END-

XDFDE45

If I can get someone to watch my kid I will be heading down there. I should bring the camera cuz I'm sure the looks on some of the folks downtown could be interesting seeing a bunch of people carrying guns :lol:.

Last edited:

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I OC downtown all the time in the vicinity of my office. That said, there will surely be more awareness raised tomorrow. Good response so far. Should be a good turnout in addition to the regular lunch crowd.

A couple members thought it was today and showed up at noon OC'ing. I got a call from them, looked out my office window and they were handing out a few WCI flyers to interested persons and then went on their way. They'll be back tomorrow.

There is meter on-street parking all over downtown, if you can't find a meter spot, best place to park is the parking structure at Grand Avenue Mall (corner of MIchigan and Plankington (though you can't carry in the mall) There are external stairwells from that parking structure down to the street. Walk 2 blocks east across the river and one block north and you are at Chase Plaza.

XDFDE45

IThere is meter on-street parking all over downtown, if you can't find a meter spot, best place to park is the parking structure at Grand Avenue Mall (corner of MIchigan and Plankington (though you can't carry in the mall) There are external stairwells from that parking structure down to the street. Walk 2 blocks east across the river and one block north and you are at Chase Plaza.
I was just about to email and ask you about the Grand for parking, guess that answers my question
thumbsup.gif

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
There's also a parking garage under the building on the NW corner of Wisconsin and Water. And a municipal garage just east of Water on Mason, one block north of Wisconsin.

Zeus

I am really thinking hard about taking a half day vacation to go down there. Would be a great way to initiate my new FNP-45 into the OC family :)

civilwarguy

ok so if i can find a ride up there and back i will be there just have to back by 3pm for the kid when he gets home from school so if anyone in the delavan elkhorn area is heading up there and has room for another person let me know please

civilwarguy

as i havent been able to find a way over there. Have fun and good luck i will be with you in my mind. see everyone sunday at starbucks