• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second Amendment Foundation "Guns Save Lives" truck tour will be in Milwaukee Thur.

XDFDE45

Grandparents are watching the kid so I'm there
eusa_dance.gif

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
as i havent been able to find a way over there. Have fun and good luck i will be with you in my mind. see everyone sunday at starbucks

Paul Fisher is in your area, and he usually attends events, but haven't heard from him on this one, he may be busy today. That would be your best bet.

Otherwise, you'll be with us in spirit!

Carry On!

Nik

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/117279053.html

Gun rights advocates are driving a rolling billboard to downtown Milwaukee Thursday, to "counter billionaire New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s campaign of fear against Badger State gun owners."

Bloomberg is part of Mayors Against Illegal Guns which has its own billboard truck cruising around the country with the message that 34 Americans are murdered by guns every day.

The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms has a truck too, It's message? "Guns Save Lives." The truck and gun rights supporters, including Nik Clark of Wisconsin Carry, Inc., plan to be at the corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Water St. over the noon hour Thursday.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Paul Fisher is in your area, and he usually attends events, but haven't heard from him on this one, he may be busy today. That would be your best bet.

Otherwise, you'll be with us in spirit!

Carry On!

Nik

Yep, we touched base. Today is a otherwise busy day for me. I'd loved to have showed up otherwise.

protias

Lot of faces I don't recognize in that photo. In fact, the only one I recognize is Nik.

Carry on folks! :banana:

MKEgal

C-c-c-c-c-c-c-old

OK, I've had my hot tea, put on my slippers & sweater & had the cat in my lap for a bit.
I'm beginning to thaw.

Other than being cold, and the Chase security gal trying to explain invisible property lines (that other people were crossing, but we were asked not to), things seemed to go well. No police hassles, lots of people looking at the truck, a few people took pamphlets & asked questions.

As usual, nobody acting afraid, nobody running away, nobody screaming, in fact as far as I could tell it looked like just another Thursday afternoon in downtown Milwaukee.

One funny thing, I was talking with the truck driver & after a few minutes he said something about "you can open carry in WI, right?".
I said, "look at my hip."
He looked down, looked surprised, then started laughing.
He'd seen someone else 40' away (big shiny 1911, IIRC, in a leather holster), but had completely missed my black Glock in its black textile holster right next to him, within arms' reach.
There is something to be said for subtlety, at least in re not scaring the sheep.
We did invite him to come back in June, when it's not so blasted cold & OCing is easier.

See y'all at Delavan this Sunday, and Brookfield for pancakes next Sunday.

Last edited:

Zeus

It was good to be able to make it and meet some nice folks. I was kind of disappointed I didn't get to debate some of Bloomberg's goons but still worth the effort and a nice half day off work. Stopped into Cabela's on the way back and met a nice guy originally from Denmark who left there nine years ago because of their laws. He had just recently moved to WI, within a week and was buying a new revolver that he hopes to pick up in three months when he becomes a legal resident. Also got to have Popeye's for lunch! It's been about ten years since I did that, no Popeyes in the Fox Valley. I did hear one young girl whisper about my FNP 45 as I was leaving Cabela's. All in all a great day. Hope to be able to do it again some time.

M

McX

Thank you to Nik, and to all of you who attended, and braved the cold! Like i've said a thousand times on here, the damn finest group of Honorable people i have ever had the priviledge to know!

PS; anyone save some bumperstickers for me?!

Last edited:

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
I look like a bum with a crazy beard and OC in t-shirts and stuff so I'm a hypocrite, but .... can you wash your hands before OC'ing? Especially around those fingernails?

I know this man took off from work (Works with wood stains) To be there and show support. He could easily have stayed at his shop making money.

protias

It was good to be able to make it and meet some nice folks. I was kind of disappointed I didn't get to debate some of Bloomberg's goons but still worth the effort and a nice half day off work. Stopped into Cabela's on the way back and met a nice guy originally from Denmark who left there nine years ago because of their laws. He had just recently moved to WI, within a week and was buying a new revolver that he hopes to pick up in three months when he becomes a legal resident. Also got to have Popeye's for lunch! It's been about ten years since I did that, no Popeyes in the Fox Valley. I did hear one young girl whisper about my FNP 45 as I was leaving Cabela's. All in all a great day. Hope to be able to do it again some time.
I've been thinking of getting a FNP 45. How does it shoot and what holster do you have?

Jason in WI

I know this man took off from work (Works with wood stains) To be there and show support. He could easily have stayed at his shop making money.

+1

If I had some close-ups you would notice my hands were worst! I can scrub all I want but some stuff just has to wear off, If you look at the group photo you will notice my knees are all dirty too. The way I am is the way I carry, I look just the way I appear there as when I am working; sidearm and all.

Nice to see more people then I expected, MKEgal was a trooper! While the rest of us hid from the wind and giggled around like school girls she was braving the cold and handing out fliers! Sorry we could only stay for a bit, if we were slow I would have taken off.

Edit: Forgot to add, Thanks Handy for posting the photos! It was too cold for me to break out my ity-bittiy camera phone and Handy was out there lugging around his whiz-bang camera that had an ICE COLD aluminum mount on it, and he forgot his gloves :eek:

Last edited:

Zeus

I've been thinking of getting a FNP 45. How does it shoot and what holster do you have?
It shoots fantastic, I am used to the DA/SA triggers from shooting SIGs. I made the holster the night before. It's similar to a Raven Concealment holster like the Magpul boys wear. They are backed up many months so I decided to make my own.
102_4740.jpg

sharkey

I thought he was a mechanic. lol.

I commented knowing I'm a hypocrite but those hands just jumped out at me! I wash my hands 20 times a day. Habits overly instilled from a restaurant job in my youth.